True Born Again Christians Have Eternal Security

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
,Seems to me tat Radius is the one claiming to know the future. Not only does he dogmatically claim he will continue in his rebellion toward God, but he insist I will also.

How in the world could he predict this?
This world has taught many things that are not true, like if one sins they need more forgiveness when that is untrue because there is no frogiveness with out the shedding of blood and chjrist wasthe last shedding along with the last sacrifice
Nowhere in the word after the death, burial and resurrection is there anywhere to found any more forgiveness to executed to anyone after the death of Christ on the cross of Christ
And this world has swallowed this lie that they need more forgiveness after they came to belief when there is nowhere for this to be found in the word.
So by this lie that a lot have recieved and beleive this to be truth, can't pass from death to life because they are too busy trying to keep forgiven by asking for more and more being totally aware of whether they will sin or not and thus continue in their sin not seeing that by thinking about sin that this is exactly what has trapped them into it
Galatians 6:8For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
 
Please stop sinless. I never said that I will outright "REBEL" against God in the future. I simply said that I cannot guarantee, and if I may be honest, most definitely will probably sin again in my life (as I said before though, don't equate my last statement with WANTING to sin, I am just being real with myself when I say I will sin again, because I am not perfect). Whether it be a lie, or gossip or some other kind of sin, I will probably do it, though I will come to regret it after I do.

why do you paint me as some full fledged sinning, orgy-swinging, alchol swilling Christian craving and lusting for my next violation towards God? I don't do those things. But I do still commit sins from time to time, however small or large they may be. Why do you suggest I am against God in my life when in fact I meditate daily, even hourly on the Lord?

God knows me to be a humble man, you on the other hand do not know me yet cast judgments on me. Pride comes before the fall sinless, I hope you can handle it. And if you really do commit one sin a year or not at all, good for you, now I have two people to model my life after -- you and Christ.../sarcasm/

Radius I see you this way as not taking advantage of such a great Salvation
Hebrews 2:3how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,

And you are just growig in grace learning and maturing as you grow in more and mnore trust in our living Savior Jesus Christ yes?
 
Homey you are stretching it,,,, he did not lust, and the thought of a sin is not a sin. Jesus thought of sin, that is how he could judge it to be sin. Remember He lived with a devil for three years.
I understand Sinless, and I believe him. If I look where I came from and where I am now, I cannot believe their are so few people in the Truth...

Christ is the only one here on earth sinless born of a virgin Mary born a life-giving Spirit, came and did nothing or said nothing unless his Father said to in 100% dependance on Father which by the cross is for us to become by belief in him but this will not happen until one comes to the resurrected Christ after agreeing with Christ that all sins are forgiven at the cross period than one goes to new life in the Spoirit where only God the Father can be worshipped and where no sin can occur
John 4:23But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
John 4:24God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
 
Every single believer, no matter what state they are in presently, through their experience, has the assurance of salvation that started when they believed upon the name of Christ. To believe otherwise is to have a faith that is apostate from the truth and from the cross of Christ. Woe to that man who has changed the truth into a lie.
 
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sinless Yes Homeward baby believers need to mature
So lets edify them to see truth then so they can grow in The finished work of the cross
Im all for edification, but we have also been called to rebuke and correct.

When you make a thread or post, that is meant for edification, and the sin lovers jump in defending their sin they need to be rebuked and corrected
 
Every single believer, no matter what state they are in presently, through their experience, has the assurance of salvation that started when they believed upon the name of Christ. To believe otherwise is to have a faith that is apostate from the truth and from the cross of Christ. Woe to that man who has changed the truth into a lie.
Jesus, John, Peter, James, and Paul all thought differently
 
Im all for edification, but we have also been called to rebuke and correct.

When you make a thread or post, that is meant for edification, and the sin lovers jump in defending their sin they need to be rebuked and corrected

tell me...do you serve as a servant in any other capacity?
or is it your job merely to create divisions and show yourself oh, so holy to those who are not yet as advanced as you?

your shallow sin concept makes me feel sick, and if you had any clue just how wretched sin is in God's eyes I hope you wouldn't be so cavalier about your own 'perfection'.


since this is a thread about the eternal security of the believer, may I safely assume you condition security on your own resistance to sin? (yeah...I hear what you 'say', but I also hear what you say---subtext, right?)
is that why you felt it necessary to jump in here?


I'd love to see you speak about something else, if it's possible for you to do so.
I'd love to see you respond to the Gospel's commands regarding seeing a brother in sin, and restoring such a one,
but that won't happen since I don't see your life. (and you see none of ours)
I wonder what a spirit of gentleness looks like in you.
Because if we've seen it.......:(
 
Matthew 22

[SUP]35 [/SUP]Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
[SUP]36 [/SUP]Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[SUP]37 [/SUP]Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[SUP]38 [/SUP]This is the first and great commandment.
[SUP]39 [/SUP]And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[SUP]40 [/SUP]On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Love is something that grows...
 
There CANNOT be edification with sin in the picture... SIN IS SEPERATION,

Only SAINTS... that already stoipped sinning can be perfected and edified into the Body of Christ... EPH 4.

PLEASE get this.... there is no sin in love and no love in sin...
There is no sin in His light and no sinner in the light... God removes sin before HE ADDS YOU TO THE BODY OF PERFECTION..
 
It is true, so why don't you stop living defeated and start walking in victory
LOL Sinless I do not see myself living defeated or in victory. I see myself living for the beloved treasure that is the lords heart. If there is anything i am wrong about then i will humble myself before the lord, but i know that no one man can live their entire lives without sinning. Everyone here has been trying to enlighten to on your belief, everyone here has been either a lamp shining in the darkness or a person covering the lamp because they do not like the light. Many people do not welcomed the light when it is presented because it reveals their hearts.
 
There CANNOT be edification with sin in the picture... SIN IS SEPERATION,

Only SAINTS... that already stoipped sinning can be perfected and edified into the Body of Christ... EPH 4.

PLEASE get this.... there is no sin in love and no love in sin...
There is no sin in His light and no sinner in the light... God removes sin before HE ADDS YOU TO THE BODY OF PERFECTION..

You can't leave out pointing the sinner, whether a Christian or not, to the Lord Jesus Christ. For it is going to take his mercy and grace through the cross to deal with the sinner and his sin. God has already removed sin when he bore our sin upon his body on the cross and now if we sin as a Christian, we must learn to receive grace and in the strength of that grace we put the sin away by faith. In the midst of my worse bout with sin I can reckon myself to be dead to sin because of the cross. Putting the sin of the flesh away is by reckoning myself dead to it and that is how we repent through grace. We can repent because the sin was crucified on the cross and though I am guilty of sin I reckon on what Christ did to my sin. That will set me free from sin having dominion over me and I can then walk by faith in what Christ has done for me, as sin and for sin. Eternal security allows the sinner to be able to receive from God what he needs to be free from the power of sin and at the same time never lose his standing with God that was established by faith when he believed upon the Son.
 
Galatians 3:3Are you so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are you now made perfect by the flesh?
I cant see how we could ever be perfect in this flesh. We are saved by grace, not of our own, lest any man
should boast
 
We are sinless before the Father because of the blood of Jesus. But don't be fooled into thinking that sin doesn't live at the bottom of our flesh. We are sinners.

[h=3]1 John 1:8-9[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]8 [/SUP]If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

[SUP]9 [/SUP]If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

and

[h=3]Romans 7:14-20[/h]New Living Translation (NLT)

[h=3]Struggling with Sin[/h][SUP]14 [/SUP]So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. [SUP]15 [/SUP]I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.[SUP]16 [/SUP]But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. [SUP]17 [/SUP]So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[SUP][a][/SUP] I want to do what is right, but I can’t. [SUP]19 [/SUP]I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. [SUP]20 [/SUP]But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
[h=4]Footnotes:[/h]
  1. 7:18 Greek my flesh; also in 7:25.


God bless guys.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Blain
Galatians 3:3Are you so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are you now made perfect by the flesh?
I cant see how we could ever be perfect in this flesh. We are saved by grace, not of our own, lest any man
should boast
This is speaking of people who were believing they had to be circumcised and keep the law of Moses to be saved. Not about those who were obey Jesus through the empowerment of Holy Spirit
 
You can't leave out pointing the sinner, whether a Christian or not, to the Lord Jesus Christ. For it is going to take his mercy and grace through the cross to deal with the sinner and his sin. God has already removed sin when he bore our sin upon his body on the cross and now if we sin as a Christian, we must learn to receive grace and in the strength of that grace we put the sin away by faith. In the midst of my worse bout with sin I can reckon myself to be dead to sin because of the cross. Putting the sin of the flesh away is by reckoning myself dead to it and that is how we repent through grace. We can repent because the sin was crucified on the cross and though I am guilty of sin I reckon on what Christ did to my sin. That will set me free from sin having dominion over me and I can then walk by faith in what Christ has done for me, as sin and for sin. Eternal security allows the sinner to be able to receive from God what he needs to be free from the power of sin and at the same time never lose his standing with God that was established by faith when he believed upon the Son.

This is quite a lot you said, but just to make it clear.... what is a SAINT? Where is a saint in God's eyes? I mean God did call us to be saints... what does that mean? What is a SAINT?

You all talk about a put away sin... Can we put away sin 100%? You all talk of a struggle against sin... How long does that struggle last? Does it EVER end in your belief? Jesus said he came to destroy the works of satan... who is the tempter, and what is his work? If Jesus destroyed the works of satan for me, did he fail to destroy some works?

Come on people, who saves us? And how well does He save? You all talk about the putting the sin away... IF you put it away and go get it again, you did not put it away, and it is NOT DEAD for you.... Dead means GONE FOREVER... Every time you commit a sin you REWAKEN it? That is NOT DEAD....

Dead sin is DEAD for you and you for that sin... YOU CANNOT DO IF YOU ARE DEAD... If you died off ALL sin God's Spirit is the NEW CREATURE IN YOU and HE CANNOT SIN.. 1 John 3:9.
 
...And those are all true and a reality as long as we persevere in the faith however if we choose to leave the fold then we jeopardise ourselves. "Abide in me and I in you". Jesus taught about the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the prodigal son who became spiritually dead, which indicates that believers can become lost again. Rom 8:29 is for those who remain steadfast in the faith, those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Rom 8:1).

Starfield our salvation is not determined upon whether we persevere in the faith. In 2 Timothy 4:3, the Bible tells us of a time when Christians will not endure sound Doctrine. Yet those Christians are still saved. The Bible in another passage, in 1 Timothy 4:1, the Bible also says that some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils. Read it. That's what the Bible clearly says. And those two passages of Scripture which I gave you is focusing on mainly Christians. But I do not see anywhere in that passage where it shows the Christian losing his salvation. That's because true Born again Christians are eternally secure.

And in 1 Timothy 4:13, Paul commanded Timothy to give attendance unto reading, exhortation, and to doctrine until he came. Are most Christians doing that today? Do you think a Christian who seriously studies the Scriptures and gives attendance to Bible doctrine will be prone to being deceived and misled by apostates like Billy Graham and false prophets like Joel Osteen? No, he won't. Why? because he has studied the word of God, he gets the word of God in his heart. And unlike the Charismaniacs, he cares about Bible Doctrine. He can endure sound Biblical Doctrine. So if you do not want to get messed up by the falling away, the apostacy, and false teachings today, then make sure you stay in God's word, the perfect King James Bible.


A Christian's salvation is not dependent on
whether or not he continues in the faith.

11It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. - 2 Timothy 11:13 (King James Bible)

If a Christian denies Christ by not standing for Him and His word, that Christian will be denied a reign in the coming Millennial Kingdom when Jesus Christ will be physically reigning on the Throne from Jerusalem. Do you see the context Starfield? If we suffer as in suffering for Christ, we shall reign with Him. That is in the Millennial Kingdom. No suffering for Christ, no reign in the Millennial Kingdom.

Now notice what the next verse says: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. So if a Christian gets so carnal and departs from the faith and stops believing, he is still a part of the Body of Christ because Christ cannot deny Himself. That Christian is still a child of God. He can't lose his salvation because he is part of the Body of Christ, he is bone of His Bone and flesh of His flesh (Again, see Eph. 5:30). You have got to be dispensational Starfied when you approach the Holy Scriptures.


And those passages you gave do not teach that a believer can become lost again. That is what you are reading into the passages with your private interpretation. You have to compare Scripture with Scripture. Let me ask you Starfield, was the Prodigal Son a Christian or was he a Jew?

Remember, you have to keep things in context. You say Romans 8:29 is only for those who remain stedfast in the faith okay where does it teach that in Romans 8:29? Could you show me?

What you are teaching is works salvation Starfield. If our salvation can be lost, then our salvation is based on our works and not on the power of God to keep us. But our salvation is not based on our works.

If the keeping your salvation was dependent on you, you would have lost it long ago. And if my salvation was dependent on whether or not I persevered in the faith, or on my ability grow in sanctification everyday, or just in my own ability in general, then my salvation would have been lost a long time ago as well! The keeping of salvation is not up to us. It is God who keeps us by His power (See 1 Peter 1:5).

You have to rightly divide the word of truth (2 Tim. 2:15).


The reason why lukewarmness is so rampant in Christianity today is because many preachers are trying to remove sanctification from the gospel message, it is either viewed as optional or they have a wrong perception of it, nonetheless it is part of the gospel as Christ died to sanctify and make us holy and peculiar people and the bible says without holiness no man will see God, therefore it's not something that should be ignored.

Well I agree with you that Sanctification is something that is definitely not to be ignored. But Sanctification and Salvation are two different things. Sanctification comes after salvation. And sanctification determines our fellowship with the Lord while on this earth but it does not affect our salvation. And that verse you quoted from Hebrews 12:4 is clearly talking about your testimony among other people. If we don't live holy and sanctified lives before the Lord, then the lost world won't see the Lord Jesus in us, and our testimony among the lost world will be a poor one. That's what the passage in Hebrews 12 is mainly talking about. That's why just a few verses earlier Paul talks about the chastisement and correction which God gives to those of whom are His sons.

[SUP]5 [/SUP]And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
[SUP]6 [/SUP]For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
[SUP]8 [/SUP]But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
[SUP]10 [/SUP]For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: - Hebrews 12:5-14 (King James Bible)

Can you see the context Starfield? It is the correction and chastisement of the Lord that brings and yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness in our lives and it helps us grow in holiness and sanctification. What your saying basically is that if a born again Christian does not live a holy life or does not persevere in holy living, then he will not get into Heaven. But that's not what the Scripture is talking about. It's talking about our personal testimony among the lost world. That is what the Context in those Scriptures is teaching.


The Judgment Seat of Christ will be a time to evaluate believers' work done in the body such as our discipleship/soul winning (Prov 11:30), which is what Paul was referring to in 1 Cor 3, and enduring persecutions (Matt 5:11-12). The 'good' or 'bad' in 2 Cor 5:10 as well as the wood, hay, precious stones, and stubble that will be tried by fire (1 Cor 3:11-15) are not alluding to righteous and unrighteous deeds rather worthless and worthy service. Jesus built the foundation of the church and Paul and Apollos were building upon it by discipling the churches, however Paul was concerned that due to their divisiveness (1 Cor 3:1-5) he would lose rewards. In essence his work of building the Corinth church would be worthless as wood, hay, and stubble but his soul would be saved yet so as by fire because discipleship is not a salvific issue, on the disciple's part anyway.

For the most part, I agree with you here in regard to what you said here about what will take place at the Judgment Seat of Christ.



1 Cor 3:6-11
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. Paul and Apollos' labour was planting and watering by spreading the gospel and watching over the growth of the church in Corinth but it is God that convicts, transforms, and sustains the soul.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. It is God that saves.
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. Even though Paul and Apollos had a common goal, they will each receive rewards based on how effort they put into it. Rewards will be allotted according to their labour of planting and watering.
9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. We are working with God to further of His kingdom.
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Therefore it is evident that the overall context of 1 Cor 3 is soul winning. So bringing this passage into application, if a believer wins a soul for the Lord and the soul remains (the work is likened to precious stones) they will receive rewards however if that soul departs from the faith, the believer will lose rewards for that work (likened to wood, hay, and stubble) but not their salvation as they played their part in preaching the truth, praying, and offering encouragements to that soul.

That's a rather interesting view on the Judgment Seat of Christ. And again, I agree with you here to a good degree.

I also encourage you to listen to a sermon Brother Bryan Denlinger did on the Judgment Seat of Christ. It's a real good sermon on this topic. Here is the link:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=522111445540


Those who use 1 Cor 3:11-15 to support the notion that believers just lose rewards for living in ungodliness are in error as that idea doesn't jive with the scriptures at all i.e. 1 Cor 6:9-10 and Gal 5:19-21. Verse 21 clearly states that they which do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. The "they" is referring to anyone whether they were once saved or never saved, for God is no respecter of persons.

I hope that makes sense.



If that's the case then why does the bible have warning passages such as Rev 2:7, 11? Are they to be ignored? Don't you think it's important to warn believers about the dangers of backsliding and apostatising?

Again Starfield, no you are wrong on that point. No Christian will be thrown in Hell at the Judgment Seat of Christ. The purpose of the Judgment Seat of Christ is to determine the believers rewards and millennial inheritance. Can a Christian suffer loss at the Judgement Seat of Christ? Yes, that's what 1 Cor. 3:15 teaches. But it is not loss of salvation. It is loss of crowns, eternal rewards, and inheritance in the Millennial Earthly Reign & Kingdom. That's what the context says Starfield.

Yes I believe it is important to warn the believer about backsliding and falling into apostacy. I believe it is very important. But one thing you have to get Starfield, is that no true Born again Christian can lose their salvation. If they live a life of sin down here in this life, then they will have nothing to show for it in Eternity. There are many things a Christian can lose: his health, his money, his reputation, his testimony, his joy, the joy of his salvation, the assurance of his salvation ( not salvation itself but the ASSURANCE of salvation), his life, his rewards, his crowns, and his millennial inheritance. Basically the only thing a Christian cannot lose is his salvation.
 
The Romans 7 wretch does not depict a regenerated life.

It depicts a man who was converted but had problems in the flesh. It depicts the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh. It also illustrates for the believer the perspective and mental attitude they should have toward this kind of conflict that every born again believer will face in their life as they learn how to receive and grow in grace and not live in condemnation. The regeneration of Paul's life, when he received the Spirit, was what caused the conflict to take place, this is why he learned how to glory in the cross that crucified his flesh so that he could walk by faith in the Spirit and not according to the impulses and dictates of the flesh even when he did good. It all related to his body of sin and death and the fact that sin was still occupying the members of his own body. To mortify the deeds of the flesh the believer learns how to receive grace and put those things off as he puts on the Lord Jesus Christ and his righteousness. He may fail or have periods of failure but that does not change his standing with God but makes him realize his need for an abundance of grace.
 
Im all for edification, but we have also been called to rebuke and correct.

When you make a thread or post, that is meant for edification, and the sin lovers jump in defending their sin they need to be rebuked and corrected

in a loving manner, not in condemnation you if you really do beleive know this that the Love of God is spread about in ones new born again heart via the resurrection of Christ where new life is recieved by God the Father and this Love that is unnaturalto the Human Spirit of error is best described in 1Cor 13. From a human point of view we all are guilty of not having this type of love. But when born again in the Spirit of God by asking for thois from God we are born again with a new heart that is filled with the 1 cor. 13 Love