True Men Of God Get Persecuted And Attacked By The Devil!! And Even Are Martyred For The Gospel!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 20, 2019
Being a true christian is far from a walk in the park. But on the contrary ur promised persection and far worse!! So why are most churches not preaching this? Are they scared dat they’ll loose customers if they do! Sure looks like it.

Matthew 10:22 King James Version (KJV)
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:9
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

John 7:7, KJV: "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil."

John 15:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Hebrews 10:34
took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Hebrews 11:36-38
36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Is this not Gods word? Is this not in the bible?

Acts 7:59 stephen stoned 2 death

Acts 12:2 james killed by herod, Acts 12:4 peter was put in prison, Acts 14:19 paul stoned and left 4 dead, Matthew 14:9 john baptist beheaded

Peter was crucified upside down, Thomas was hacked 2 death in India, they tried 2 boil little john in a massive pot but he survived without a scratch on him. Not 2 mention there was a guy in Nigeria just recently who was beheaded by a militant group for not rejecting Christ!!
Have you truly counted the cost people coz the stakes are high and your going 2 have 2 give up a lot 2 be a true follower of Christ and I mean a lot.

Jan 17, 2020
Being a true christian is far from a walk in the park. But on the contrary ur promised persection and far worse!! So why are most churches not preaching this? Are they scared dat they’ll loose customers if they do! Sure looks like it.

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

John 7:7, KJV: "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil."

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Acts 12:2 james killed by herod, Acts 12:4 peter was put in prison, Acts 14:19 paul stoned and left 4 dead, Matthew 14:9 john baptist beheaded

Peter was crucified upside down, Thomas was hacked 2 death in India, they tried 2 boil little john in a massive pot but he survived without a scratch on him. Not 2 mention there was a guy in Nigeria just recently who was beheaded by a militant group for not rejecting Christ!!
Have you truly counted the cost people coz the stakes are high and your going 2 have 2 give up a lot 2 be a true follower of Christ and I mean a lot.
What have you suffered for Christ?

Jul 23, 2018
We were supposed to sign up to die like the first church.

Instead we are christian narcissists. Easily offended and could care less about promoting our neighbor ahead of ourselves

L

Locoponydirtman

The modern western evangelical church does tend to espouse the "your best life now theology" which is a fallacy.
Granted using biblical wisdom does help you make better decisions which is the problem with most American who have a mess of a life.

But standing for what is right will land you some enemies, and put you in some tight spots. When you refuse to lie, or compromise your values.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Jesus is the greatest example of a man of God being persecuted. Actually, his ministry shows man's contempt for God,

He that hateth me hateth my Father also. Jn.15:23

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Seems like you’re still alive....

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i know it ought to be obvious, but it's often not, so i just want to point out that just because a person suffers, is persecuted, or is even just opposed, does not mean they are doing so for Christ.

it is a common mantra among trolls of Christian forums, when they are challenged, that '
this proves i'm right, because Christ's message was opposed also' -- and it's a false argument. Christ Himself opposed the teachings of would-be teachers; one needs stronger proof than the mere fact they are disagreed with.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What have you suffered for Christ?
does this kind of thing count at all:

Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (for that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds)
(2 Peter 2:7-8)
?

7seasrekeyed

We were supposed to sign up to die like the first church.

Instead we are christian narcissists. Easily offended and could care less about promoting our neighbor ahead of ourselves

I get called a zealot and should be ignored by someone who writes about spiritual warfare but does not have a clue how that is applied in a real situation

a man's eternal soul is at stake and all he does is coddle him and compliment him on what he is eating

smh

sorry...I just wanted to say something about it, but in that thread it would be useless and the banks of the ditch would just be made higher

I guess Jesus was a zealot when He died for us

7seasrekeyed

The modern western evangelical church does tend to espouse the "your best life now theology" which is a fallacy.
Granted using biblical wisdom does help you make better decisions which is the problem with most American who have a mess of a life.

But standing for what is right will land you some enemies, and put you in some tight spots. When you refuse to lie, or compromise your values.

I think I am looking forward to my best 'afterlife' ;)

sometimes it all makes me think about how Jesus knew what was in their hearts and didn't make fast friends with everyone

John146

Jan 13, 2016

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

7seasrekeyed

Being a true christian

what is a true Christian? someone who tells everyone but 1 % they are going to hell or someone whose heart is open before God

Jesus seemed to like Nathanael

what was special about Nathanael?

Jul 23, 2018
what is a true Christian? someone who tells everyone but 1 % they are going to hell or someone whose heart is open before God

Jesus seemed to like Nathanael

what was special about Nathanael?
Honestly I do not know but looked it up .
Apparently he was with out guile.
Am I close?

Jun 10, 2019

Does Hebrews 11:38 have a mojo in it, looks odd planted in the verse.

hmm seems Hebrews 11:35 wasn’t used, it seems not all are persecuted and attacked, but I guess your message is about the folks who are,

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
How can someone say they are speaking truth when you say again "most" Churches are not preaching this? There are 365 days in a year 52 weeks in a year .. and a what 53 or so Sundays. Not talking prayer nights or Sat or Wed nights. yet YOU know most are not preaching this? I am truly AMAZED! Unless its just a lie. No.. you again say "most". I know for a fact there are over 29 million Churches in the world. I can't even say "most" Churches in my own city don't preach this or that because it would for me be lying.

And your statement. You failed to back it up with the word of God. "True Men Of God Get Persecuted And Attacked By The Devil" <--this is not written. We ALL know Christ said if they persected me they will you. If they don't believe my word they will not yours.

Forgive me please.. your just one in over 7 billion. Thanks.. you seem to love Jesus and PRAISE GOD for that. Hard to believe anyone when part of what they say is lie. Going with didn't mean to lie...but to state something that no one on this site or any other Christian site can say "most" Churches don't (fill in blank).

Can not tell you how many I have heard ..that look for persecution. Then get it and think believe they are now suffering for Jesus and will get a great reward. NOT the way it works. I truly believe ..nothing better then to suffer (if you know what I mean) for Christ. The MEN and WOMEN of God never ever went looking for it. It was to share Christ.. to see them come into the kingdom. Never had to scream or yell or your DOOMED!