Trump administration rolls back Obama-era rule that redefined 'sex' to include 'gender identity'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
Federal law will now define sex as it is 'determined by biology.'

The Trump administration on Friday announced revised federal policy regarding sex discrimination, rolling back an Obama-era rule that had redefined "sex" under federal antidiscrimination statute to include a broad, subjective interpretation of "gender identity."

The earlier rule change was a concession to LGBT activists, who in recent years have sought to have significantly broadened interpretations of sex enshrined into local, state and federal law.

The rule expanded sex to include "an individual’s internal sense of gender, which may be male, female, neither, or a combination of male and female." Entities that fall under federal Title IX statute were forbidden from discriminating against anyone on the basis of that revised definition.

A press release from the Department of Health and Human Services on Friday announced that the government was formally rolling back that re-definition, returning to a strictly objective definition of the word "sex" as determined by biological indicators.

https://justthenews.com/government/...lls-back-obama-era-rule-redefined-sex-include

From HHS website:

Under the final rule, HHS eliminates certain provisions of the 2016 Rule that exceeded the scope of the authority delegated by Congress in Section 1557. HHS will enforce Section 1557 by returning to the government’s interpretation of sex discrimination according to the plain meaning of the word “sex” as male or female and as determined by biology. The 2016 Rule declined to recognize sexual orientation as a protected category under the ACA, and HHS will leave that judgment undisturbed.

Mar 23, 2016
About time. It's called leadership.
It's also called Scripture:

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female

Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female

D

DWR

There is a very simple way to solves one's confusion.
When you get out of the shower, stand in front of a mirror and have a look see.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female

Perhaps Trump is scripturally orientated. He held up a bible the other day in front of a church across from the White House. I read that he starts each meeting with a prayer asking for wisdom and guidance to address the serious issues that impact ordinary everyday Americans.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Covid-19: Trump invites Hindu priest to chant ‘Shanti Path’ for safety of all at White House

I just see this on my Facebook , don`t know how to share , so I just copied the head line...
...xox...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Covid-19: Trump invites Hindu priest to chant ‘Shanti Path’ for safety of all at White House

I just see this on my Facebook , don`t know how to share , so I just copied the head line...
...xox...
That reminds me of an interesting adventure. While at Walt Disney World for a long weekend with my wife she asked if I could look up a local address for an SDA church so that we could attend on the Sabbath. It turns out, that while we pulled into the parking lot the former SDA church was now a Hindu temple. I told my wife that I'm not sure how I screwed up this simple task of finding a church. She said the we are going in anyway because God has led us there.

We went inside and were greeted by a man, not the priest but a Hindu caretaker. My wife asked what do we do now and he mentioned that we should take off our shoes. I said Shalom and he nodded his head yes. Before finding a quiet area to say a prayer my wife gave him some Christian literature pertaining to salvation.

When we were done with our prayer we walked back up to him. My wife gave the temple a monetary donation for being gracious to us. We then sipped small glasses of a type of tea. Before heading out the door he gave us each an apple and wished us safe travels.

During our prayer and while we were leaving he was still reading the literature. Perhaps him and his family was saved as a result of that unexpected detour. Very nice man. Christian like in his treatment of us. Enjoyed the tea fellowship and the apples were fresh and crisp.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
That reminds me of an interesting adventure. While at Walt Disney World for a long weekend with my wife she asked if I could look up a local address for an SDA church so that we could attend on the Sabbath. It turns out, that while we pulled into the parking lot the former SDA church was now a Hindu temple. I told my wife that I'm not sure how I screwed up this simple task of finding a church. She said the we are going in anyway because God has led us there.

We went inside and were greeted by a man, not the priest but a Hindu caretaker. My wife asked what do we do now and he mentioned that we should take off our shoes. I said Shalom and he nodded his head yes. Before finding a quiet area to say a prayer my wife gave him some Christian literature pertaining to salvation.

When we were done with our prayer we walked back up to him. My wife gave the temple a monetary donation for being gracious to us. We then sipped small glasses of a type of tea. Before heading out the door he gave us each an apple and wished us safe travels.

During our prayer and while we were leaving he was still reading the literature. Perhaps him and his family was saved as a result of that unexpected detour. Very nice man. Christian like in his treatment of us. Enjoyed the tea fellowship and the apples were fresh and crisp.
I hope he became saved , and as I read your story I thought " If this man was so set in his ways , in his belief , why would he still have his head in what you gave him to read " I hope its because he did not truly believe what he believed , and kept searching for the Way , the Truth and the Life Amen...
...xox...

Mar 23, 2016
Perhaps Trump is scripturally orientated. He held up a bible the other day in front of a church across from the White House. I read that he starts each meeting with a prayer asking for wisdom and guidance to address the serious issues that impact ordinary everyday Americans.
good to hear he starts each meeting with prayer. we sure do need prayer, God's wisdom and guidance with what's going on in the world today.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011

Yeah but we don't make laws in this country based on religious text.
That would be a clear violation of the Constitution

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Don't be too hard on Trump...........SHOOT, I sing and talk to fishies when I'm trying to entice them to take my bait.......

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Or maybe he knows where the votes are? :)

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Bragging about grabbing woman's genitals is not exactly the epitome of Christian behavior

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
not sure what the fuss is about but if you dont know if you male or female then just put 'I dont know'.
actually there are some people that dont know maybe cos they were IVF or test tube babies or something went kind of wrong with their genes so they could just tick both boxes.

we have unisex uniforms and clothing so not sure what the problem is.