Trump: climate change "scientifically irrefutable"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51213003

"In 2009, Mr Trump actually signed a full-page advert in the New York Times, along with dozens of other business leaders, expressing support for legislation combating climate change."

' "If we fail to act now, it is scientifically irrefutable that there will be catastrophic and irreversible consequences for humanity and our planet," the statement said. '

In 2016,
"Last fall, after Obama described climate change as a major threat to the United States and the world, Trump said that was “one of the dumbest statements I’ve ever heard in politics — in the history of politics as I know it.” "
https://grist.org/politics/donald-trump-climate-action-new-york-times/

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51213003

"In 2009, Mr Trump actually signed a full-page advert in the New York Times, along with dozens of other business leaders, expressing support for legislation combating climate change."

' "If we fail to act now, it is scientifically irrefutable that there will be catastrophic and irreversible consequences for humanity and our planet," the statement said. '

In 2016,
"Last fall, after Obama described climate change as a major threat to the United States and the world, Trump said that was “one of the dumbest statements I’ve ever heard in politics — in the history of politics as I know it.” "
https://grist.org/politics/donald-trump-climate-action-new-york-times/
Okay......????? So the point is?___________

Jul 20, 2019
this is predicted in scripture, about strange weather and boiling seas. And I cant see God deliberately destroying what he created. Therefore climate change is caused by mankind, carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, burning coal, destroying vast forests, air pollution from industry and autos. All our own fault. And its getting to late to stop it or even slow it down.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The point is that people are not allowed to change their minds about anything. Actually it is a very healthy thing when people in office change their position based upon new information. That indicates realism and flexibility, not ideological nonsense.

The Climate Change Hoax is TOTALLY IDEOLOGICAL. Indeed it is a part of the pantheistic religion of Gaia Worship, where Mother Earth is worshiped more than the living God. Furthermore it is a part of Agenda 21 and the so-called drive for sustainability. But it is a false religion.

The unbelieving world may not believe this, but Christians should certainly understand that all the millions or billions of dollars collected for this movement will go down the drain. And sooner than later, God's judgments will be poured out upon this earth, leading to desolations. Then eventually the whole earth and its atmosphere will be burned up with supernatural fire in preparation for the New Heavens and the New Earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
And I cant see God deliberately destroying what he created.
Take some time to study the book of Revelation. Just as God destroyed all living creatures during the Flood, He will bring fiery judgment upon earth in the future.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
this is predicted in scripture, about strange weather and boiling seas. And I cant see God deliberately destroying what he created. Therefore climate change is caused by mankind, carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, burning coal, destroying vast forests, air pollution from industry and autos. All our own fault. And its getting to late to stop it or even slow it down.
God destroyed what he created in the account of Noah. And due to man's sins.
Maybe what we're doing to the environment with our behaviors now is a sin? Air that's hard to breathe, waters that are polluted no matter the body size. From sea's, oceans, to rivers, lakes and streams.The great Pacific garbage patch is an abomination in and of itself. :(

Then there's the advent of green solutions, which are so in matters of $$$ but not so much as to really help the environment.
This earth has been around for something like 4 billion years. When she tires of the plague that is the human race toxifying her near to death, we'll become extinct. And it shall be our own fault. Because if earth has proven anything even before we arrived, it is that she will always survive to live another day.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
this is predicted in scripture, about strange weather and boiling seas. And I cant see God deliberately destroying what he created.
Apparently you've never read Revelations or Genesis Chapters 6, 7, &8.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
In 2009, Trump described his position as scientifically irrefutable.

7 years later, that same position was one of the dumbest things he'd ever heard of.

To me, that seems very suspicious.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Actually it is a very healthy thing when people in office change their position based upon new information.
I totally agree!

Was there a significant change in the science regarding climate change in those seven years?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I totally agree!

Was there a significant change in the science regarding climate change in those seven years?
If I had to bet. The more Trump became publicly open to conservative views he soon learned the hushed and shunned scientists who do not support the climate change alarmists. It is just like academics. For the professor to support God or creation instead of evolution they can lose their job and being publicly crushed due to 90% of academia is liberal controlled. Only one narrative is pushed and any others is crushed regardless of the great evidence for it.

Watch the movie Expelled.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
If I had to bet. The more Trump became publicly open to conservative views he soon learned the hushed and shunned scientists who do not support the climate change alarmists. It is just like academics. For the professor to support God or creation instead of evolution they can lose their job and being publicly crushed due to 90% of academia is liberal controlled. Only one narrative is pushed and any others is crushed regardless of the great evidence for it.

Watch the movie Expelled.
I think that would require a lot of researchers falsifying a lot of data.

Of course that's always possible. Many groups say the evidence supporting their position is being suppressed.

Flat earthers say that phony data is produced by NASA, the national weather service, etc.

The Jehovah's witnesses say in so many words that every new testament except their own is the product of a massive conspiracy of apostate Christians to pervert the word of God.

I think I've also heard Mormons talk about evidence that would support the existence of large civilizations in the Americas, thus supporting the truth of the book of Mormon, also getting suppressed.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I think that would require a lot of researchers falsifying a lot of data.

Of course that's always possible. Many groups say the evidence supporting their position is being suppressed.

Flat earthers say that phony data is produced by NASA, the national weather service, etc.

The Jehovah's witnesses say in so many words that every new testament except their own is the product of a massive conspiracy of apostate Christians to pervert the word of God.

I think I've also heard Mormons talk about evidence that would support the existence of large civilizations in the Americas, thus supporting the truth of the book of Mormon, also getting suppressed.
If a subject is extremely political, that should be a warning in itself especially if it is largely a partisan belief. A lot of taxes have been wasted but alot of these government funded research have made liberal politicians quite wealthy.

Most of the radical Democrats are using tactics straight from the Marxist book called "Rules For Radicals," the tactic of creating a extreme dangerous outcome causes the masses to give up more money and freedom in order for Government to protect them from the dire consequences of not complying.

Ultimately it is a scam just to gain more power and suck up money that lines the pockets of the powerful. If you actually pay attention to this subject, many scientists even from NASA occasionally speak out about their doubt but the left verbally beats them down until they recant whatever they said. You see this when people speak out against the false idea of multiple genders, or public support for traditional marriage. Both can be statistically or scientifically proven to be true or best. But many famous people are forced to apologize.

85% of our media is liberal controlled so 85% of the time you will not see any of the counter arguments. It is hardly a scientific agreement that climate change is destroying the world.

Even if it was. Realistically we as a country are already so low on the pollution scale globally that it is countries like China, middle eastern countries, continents like South America that are very high in pollution. This would mean realistically the world would have to change. My Bible doesn't predict the world coming together and singing Kumbaya while celebrating the saving of the planet.

The only way this world ends is by fire and God creating a new Earth.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I totally agree!

A lot of new information has come to light on climate change. The claim that 97% of climate scientists agree that human activity is warming the planet is pretty much on the money, but it comes with a big disclaimer. There is no consensus on the degree to which human activity and behavior is to blame. While some who study climate believe our impact is catastrophic, others put the human factor at just 0.2 or 0.3 degrees Celsius. So while the broader scientific community pretty much agrees that human activity has an effect, there is nothing near consensus on how big the effect is.

Joanne Simpson was the first woman to earn a PHD as a meteorologist...imagine how good she had to be. She went on to work for NASA. Dr Simpson waited until she retired to express her skepticism about the ability of computer models to predict climate. There can be a herd mentality in the scientific community, especially when sciences gets politicized. An Australian scientist, Dr Peter Ridd, was slandered and had his reputation attacked over his studies which questioned the degree to which humans impact the climate. He later won a court battle over the attacks.

I'm a Canadian, and not particularly a big fan of Trump, although I do like some things he has done. But regardless of my impression I don't care if he changed his mind on climate change, I did too.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I'm not a Climatologist, so I won't push any scientific position on the issue.

God made man responsible for both the earth and its inhabitants. I believe that man is doing a poor job of exercising that responsibility. I believe that man will suffer the consequences of his mismanagement. My question is, are we as Christians, doing everything that we can do to ensure that we leave the earth in the same, or better condition than when we arrived on it?

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
I totally agree!

What does that matter at all? Whether or not there was, or was not "significant change in the science regarding climate change", this in no way limits him from getting already existing information he hasn't seen, or even maybe a different perspective that isn't "the worlds going to end, :eek::eek::eek:AHHH!!!!!". that could change his mind.

And lets be real here, it doesn't matter what move Trump makes it will always be ":eek::eek::eek::eek:the worst ever, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!":eek::eek::eek::eek:, you know what I'm saying? It's true insanity now.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
It is hardly a scientific agreement that climate change is destroying the world.
An interesting thing to me is that in 2009, Trump thought that it was scientifically irrefutable that climate change would destroy the world.

Then again, maybe he just said that because he was planning to make money from that angle.
The only way this world ends is by fire and God creating a new Earth.
Amen to that! There could be catastrophes along the way, though.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
A lot of new information has come to light on climate change.
Yes, I agree. A lot of data has been collected in recent years, leading to different and sometimes opposing conclusions. Were there, between 2009 and 2016, significant and startling discoveries? Or just more details?

But regardless of my impression I don't care if he changed his mind on climate change, I did too.
I totally agree there!
It is a pretty big leap, though, from
Scientifically irrefutable
To
The dumbest thing ever said in the history of politics.

it would indicate that the speaker once believed in the dumbest thing in politics.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
What does that matter at all?
It matters to me a lot.

I don't think there are very many things that are scientifically irrefutable. But, for example, I would say that the Earth being basically a sphere is one of them.

What would it take to change my mind? Something really significant! Like maybe a whole lot of people, from rocket scientists to navigators of private yachts, coming forward and saying they had been falsifying data and known for years that the Earth was flat.

But there are some who say I'm simply the victim of a massive conspiracy.

I don't think there's ever been scientifically irrefutable evidence about the rate of climate change or the role of humans in it.

And lets be real here, it doesn't matter what move Trump makes it will always be ":eek::eek::eek::eek:the worst ever, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!":eek::eek::eek::eek:, you know what I'm saying? It's true insanity now.
I agree there is a high degree of polarization in politics nowadays.

But I do have hope that as humans adapt to the internet, things will settle down.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
It matters to me a lot.

I don't think there are very many things that are scientifically irrefutable. But, for example, I would say that the Earth being basically a sphere is one of them.

What would it take to change my mind? Something really significant! Like maybe a whole lot of people, from rocket scientists to navigators of private yachts, coming forward and saying they had been falsifying data and known for years that the Earth was flat.

But there are some who say I'm simply the victim of a massive conspiracy.

I don't think there's ever been scientifically irrefutable evidence about the rate of climate change or the role of humans in it.

I agree there is a high degree of polarization in politics nowadays.

But I do have hope that as humans adapt to the internet, things will settle down.
You took the "what does it matter" line wrong, what I was saying it didn't matter if there was, "significant change in the science regarding climate change" involved in changing his mind. His mind could have been changed by old data he hadn't seen yet, or again looking at old data with a new perspective, this was my only point, in the first comment you made it seem as if "significant change in the science regarding climate change" would be completely necessary to change ones mind. I disagree. The way you answered that part of my comment didn't make sense, and you ripped the "what does it matter." line out of context to answered it wrong. I was in no way saying none of this stuff matters as your response suggest. I think you misunderstood it.