Trump Says "NO DEAL" over Iran Nuclear program

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

I think they expect us to try and strangle them economically. Bring their civilian population to a boil.

They're probably right.
I also remember the Iranian hostages. Nope. Been there, did that, and the citizens did not react.

D

Depleted

There is nothing to reconcile.
All governments and authorities from the Nazis and Communists,
and through to the European Union, modern Israel, Turkey, Iran, the
rise of China and a resurgent Russia are permitted by God and all
play their part in the good and evil of the world.

Christians must obey the laws of the land and suffer the
good and bad of sinful men and women who rule in authority.
When a regime becomes overly evil then perhaps it is time
to leave a country and become refugees.

Politics will make no difference to the final outcome.
Christians should not waste their time with political action
at election times hoping they can make a difference.
Armageddon is a coming regardless of what any leader
or nation or coalition may or may not do.

The writing is on the wall.
And the people held down the hardest by those regimes STILL cannot leave their country! Must be nice to assume everyone can afford the trip and has the physical abilities to make the trip. And, thank you for volunteering Australia to take in all those refugees. ;)

M

Miri

Not as funny as you think. Decades ago, Nixon made it law that the the US can no longer assassinate leaders. Can James Bond? (I mean the real James Bond. MI6?)

I suspect that sounds harsh but I grew up on what was happening in Viet Nam. (Way back, when it was spelled like that.) I remember the killing fields after the Democrats reneged on Nixon's Peace Treaty that actually was winning/won that war. I can think of a few crazy despots in the word that could use a good assassination to free those people. (And, frankly, Trump is having a peace treaty meeting with one of those crazies in the far east.) I still think Nixon was wrong with that law, so I'm wondering if you nation still has that power.

We could use James Bond.

I suspect the James Bond days are over, either that or very hush hush.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Times have changed. The Ayatollah's regime is old hat now.
You don't seriously believe that do you?

If the Ayatollah tells the Republican Guard to strike another country, and the elected? president tells the guard not to, what do you think will happen?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Yes. I do.

There has been a rising level of dissatisfaction among the general pop. An economic hit may not topple the regime, but it'll cause no small amount of civil unrest.

You don't seriously believe that do you?

If the Ayatollah tells the Republican Guard to strike another country, and the elected? president tells the guard not to, what do you think will happen?

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
You reap what you sow

the Iranians have good reason to be wary of U.S. foreign policy,
especially when in recent times various White House and Pentagon
officials have openly talked of destroying Iran, along with 6 other
Middle East nations (5 down only 2 to go: Syria and Iran).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/19/cia-admits-role-1953-iranian-coup

The CIA has publicly admitted for the first time that it was behind the notorious 1953
coup against Iran's democratically elected prime minister Mohammad Mosaddeq,
in documents that also show how the British government tried to block the release
of information about its own involvement in his overthrow.

A democratically elected government was overthrown and people died so that
British Petroleum Persia [BP] would not be nationalised.

History of Iran: A short account of 1953 Coup

peacenik

May 11, 2016
International Atomic Energy Agency Chief Yukiya Amano announced that
his latest report—and all reports from here on out—will be intentionally vague.
-

Ben Rhodes admitted that he manufactured the narrative about the Iran deal.
“The way in which most Americans have heard the story of the Iran deal
presented … was largely manufactured for the purpose for selling the deal."

Amano's comment were restricted to those he made 2 years ago, not to today's events.

Rhodes today is of no social or political consequence.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
You reap what you sow

the Iranians have good reason to be wary of U.S. foreign policy,
especially when in recent times various White House and Pentagon
officials have openly talked of destroying Iran, along with 6 other
Middle East nations (5 down only 2 to go: Syria and Iran).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/19/cia-admits-role-1953-iranian-coup

The CIA has publicly admitted for the first time that it was behind the notorious 1953
coup against Iran's democratically elected prime minister Mohammad Mosaddeq,
in documents that also show how the British government tried to block the release
of information about its own involvement in his overthrow.

A democratically elected government was overthrown and people died so that
British Petroleum Persia [BP] would not be nationalised.

History of Iran: A short account of 1953 Coup

Interestingly, to this day Israel's claims about Iranian bombing within its borders still have not been confirmed:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/09/iran-fires-20-rockets-syria-golan-heights-israel

"[FONT=&quot]The attack, if confirmed, would mark the first time Iran has fired rockets in a direct strike on Israeli forces, dramatically ratcheting up what has for years been a conflict fought through proxies.''[/FONT]

You have to wonder, if Iran wants to keep Europe on its side, why would it bomb Israel at this time? Or is this yet another false flag?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'll grant you the circumstances are odd. Very odd. It didn't serve Iranian interest in the slightest.

But this wouldn't be the first time a nation or nation's assets have done something irrational because they got their jollies out of it.

Who exactly are you waiting on to confirm or deny the attack happened?

Interestingly, to this day Israel's claims about Iranian bombing within its borders still have not been confirmed:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/09/iran-fires-20-rockets-syria-golan-heights-israel

"The attack, if confirmed, would mark the first time Iran has fired rockets in a direct strike on Israeli forces, dramatically ratcheting up what has for years been a conflict fought through proxies.''

You have to wonder, if Iran wants to keep Europe on its side, why would it bomb Israel at this time? Or is this yet another false flag?

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
The Guardian is a leftist fake news stronghold. It's silly to keep clinging to a false narrative.

Last edited:

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Indeed. Very interesting that these Sunni nations want to end the deal while the USA's European allies want to preserve it:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-lying-mike-pompeo-uk-netanyahu-a8330491.html

France, the UK, Germany, and, of course, Russia are all in agreement.
European allies want to preserve the agreement because the former is trading with Iran.

Iran decided to dump the dollar and use euros in trading.

because of this, the US has a good reason to attack Iran sooner.

Any country dumps dollar in trading and oil payment will be destabilize by the US.

I will not be surprised if the US will irritate China to attack the US forces in the Pacific by docking the navy ships in Taiwan.

China too dumps petrodollar.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
There are no ''Good Guys'' in Syria. Even the so called Syrian Liberation Army are mainly comprised of foreign jihadists from places like Libya

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
There are no ''Good Guys'' in Syria. Even the so called Syrian Liberation Army are mainly comprised of foreign jihadists from places like Libya
Not only jihadists but proxies of Sunni Gulf States financed by the States.

The US wants to remove Assad so that the oil pipeline from Qatar will pass through Syria and then to Europe will materialize. the goal is to isolate Russia economically.

Sanctions really do not hurt Russia very badly like in North Korea because most of European countries still rely on Russian oil and gas especially Germany which is the richest nation in EU.

Putin knows this and this was the reason why he helped Assad to eliminate all rebels in Syria.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Not only jihadists but proxies of Sunni Gulf States financed by the States.

The US wants to remove Assad so that the oil pipeline from Qatar will pass through Syria and then to Europe will materialize. the goal is to isolate Russia economically.

Sanctions really do not hurt Russia very badly like in North Korea because most of European countries still rely on Russian oil and gas especially Germany which is the richest nation in EU.

Putin knows this and this was the reason why he helped Assad to eliminate all rebels in Syria.
ah, someone actually informed about what all the middle east mess is all about- the almighty dollar. petro, that is.

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
ah, someone actually informed about what all the middle east mess is all about- the almighty dollar. petro, that is.
The dollar is the reason why the US military has very huge budget.

China the rising superpower and Russia the resurgent superpower know this too and they decided to help other countries to dump dollars in trading and oil payment.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
I'll grant you the circumstances are odd. Very odd. It didn't serve Iranian interest in the slightest.

But this wouldn't be the first time a nation or nation's assets have done something irrational because they got their jollies out of it.

Who exactly are you waiting on to confirm or deny the attack happened?

We are still awaiting proof that Assad used outlawed poison gas last month. To this day, despite all the press and all the dramatics which have been proven to be a false narrative, we are still awaiting "proof". Mind you, the way people were talking just a few weeks ago, there appeared to be some who were demanding another war based on what clearly are lies and made up headlines.

Since we have seen numerous examples of false flag operations in the past, it can well be the same case here. Let's see proof, not rumors, of the alleged attack before anyone or any nation proceeds militarily or diplomatically to redress anybody's grievances.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
That doesn't really answer my question.

What's your standard for proof? Who has to say "Yo, Peacenik there was a rocket attack" for you to think there was a rocket attack?

Most news is rumor of varying credibility.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
That doesn't really answer my question.

What's your standard for proof? Who has to say "Yo, Peacenik there was a rocket attack" for you to think there was a rocket attack?

Most news is rumor of varying credibility.

I do not have any "standards" of proof. All I want is actual evidence, not rumors.

When you rely on rumors you get stories of imaginary WMD and a war in Iraq that killed over 5,000 Americans. Just a few weeks ago we got rumors about an imaginary gas attack in Syria so that people were eager to march off into another war.

The Bible tells us about rumors of war, the consequences of which are incalculable. This is what happens when people detrimentally rely on rumors and respond emotionally. We need FACTS, nothing more.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
So you want Hans Blix to hand-deliver the rocket shards to your front lawn? C'mon. This is almost laughable.

I do not have any "standards" of proof. All I want is actual evidence, not rumors.

When you rely on rumors you get stories of imaginary WMD and a war in Iraq that killed over 5,000 Americans. Just a few weeks ago we got rumors about an imaginary gas attack in Syria so that people were eager to march off into another war.

The Bible tells us about rumors of war, the consequences of which are incalculable. This is what happens when people detrimentally rely on rumors and respond emotionally. We need FACTS, nothing more.