Trusting God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 30, 2014
I want to trust God but literally almost every time I decide to my trust in Him, SOMETHING bad happens to me and it makes me want nothing to do with Him. I'm trying but I'm frustrated. Is that His way of saying go away or maybe I'm just too far gone for Him? I don't know but I do know I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. When does it end????

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I want to trust God but literally almost every time I decide to my trust in Him, SOMETHING bad happens to me and it makes me want nothing to do with Him. I'm trying but I'm frustrated. Is that His way of saying go away or maybe I'm just too far gone for Him? I don't know but I do know I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. When does it end????
Actually, it's the way God does things. God's strength is made perfect in our weakness. 2 Corinthians 4:7 says we have this treasure in earthen vessels so the power may be seen to be of God and not us. In Romans 8 we are called more than conquerors. That's an odd phrase. Being a conqueror is easy enough to understand. But what makes us more than conquerors? We become more than conquerors when God allows us to be in a position of weakness that we cannot overcome and is meant by the enemy to defeat us and God comes and gives us victory.

The Bible is replete with examples of this:

The 3 Hebrew children would not bow to an idol and were thrown into the furnace only to have God meet them in the furnace and keep them from harm.

Moses and the children of Israel were surrounded by mountains on 2 sides, blocked by the sea and had Pharaoh's army in hot pursuit. God opened the sea and delivered them then destroyed the enemy.

Perhaps the greatest example is the cross. Satan seeks to destroy Jesus but 3 days later God raises Him from the dead and exalts Him.

The same will be true of us if in our weakness we trust God, He will come and deliver us too. I recognize that it can be difficult for us to wait in our trials and troubles. We want to fix things. But God is glorified in His deliverance of us. In our weakness, His strength is perfected.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I have gone through the same types of things. Your post has an almost refreshing quality to it. Unfortunately, my response cannot convey fully what it is I've started to perceive recently. I'm also not sure of the logic of my thought development here in this post (I am sure of it in my head). But, I'll do my best.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Humility, seeing ourselves as we are, in relation to other humans, and ultimately to God, should put us in our place.

We are not our own, and we are clay in His hands. I have been dealing with this concept lately... in my thoughts and in my prayers. I would say to God, "But God... clay has no feelings. *I* do!" But, somewhat recently, I started to think about this differently. When God "molds" us, He's trying to make us into something more beautiful. It is not for our detriment, but for our betterment, and His glory when we experience trials.

Also, remember that He is GOD. Think of his universal creation. Trust me when I say that its size and vastness would kill you if you could fully perceive it. It is more than terrifying (I got a small taste of this one night while stargazing, and I believe it was Holy Spirit-given). Imagine the Mind behind all of that! That is God. He deserves our total, abject humility and trust.

I do not say this as someone who's perfected the art of humility and holiness. Holy smoke... I see idolatry in me, a preoccupation with a comfortable worldly life that could negatively impact my obedience to God. I see carnality... sinful pride... doubt (my life is not going at all the way I want it to right now). I am trying and struggling too. If I am honest, I am not 100% committed and I confessed this recently. I am only sharing the above with you because this is what I've been dealing with lately. I believe that God might be doing something in me along these lines. I hope He is. And so, I wanted to try to share a little bit of my current state with you.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I have been angry/upset/disappointed/frustrated etc etc with God too and for some time. I would wonder why he was not answering my prayers esp concerning something that was quite important to me. I kept asking him why and he kept giving me the same dream about six times. I didn't understand it and this increased my anger and frustration. I finally understood it, by accident actually. I was upset with someone for the way that they had treated me and I felt like I had a right to be upset too so I kind of dismissed my upsetness (I know it is not a word). It was when I forgave and changed my behaviour towards them that things almost immediately improved in that thing I was praying about. I was shocked. I realised that our human behaviour is that we want our circumstances to change first, then we will change our wrong behaviour. God did the opposite. Change your behaviour first and I will change your circumstances.

The other thing I learnt is that we want our circumstances to improve over night whilst we are asleep. Go to bed at night and wake up and a miracle has been done. For me this was not the case. God wanted me to walk into the deep water or the hot fire and in doing so things would change. I was resisting and he was waiting patiently. I didn't know I had to do this and as things would heat up I would resist. I didn't know that I was actually resisting God. Thankfully he gave me a dream.

In this dream I was homeless. I was with a group of people who were also homeless and we were looking for somewhere to sleep. We found this deserted movie theatre and it seemed like a good place to sleep. I went downstairs to lock the door so nobody else could come up. When I returned to the room where everyone was they were all lined up and walking into the water. I lined up too but was scared as they were walking into water that was deep and was quickly going over their head. I did not like the look of that as I thought if I do that too, the water will go over my head and I will drown so I started to resist and wanted to run from the line. The others seemed to be walking in almost happily. They weren't resisting at all.

Suddenly I saw God in the deep water and he was motioning for me to come into the deep water because if I did, I will learn, change and also receive answered prayer. Then I woke up.

I realised that I was resisting God and need to lose control and walk into the deep and not resist him. I cant say that I like the process but to receive the change, have answered prayer, grow and to actually trust God (not there yet but better than I was) is worth it.

You may be not understanding Gods process and ways of answering the prayers you have been praying. The heat increasing or the deep waters you face may actually be his way of delivering you. It is your choice. Choose to what you may be thinking of as "drowning" and see what happens. You may be surprised that you may not drown. Also ask him to search your heart and reveal any unforgiveness, sin or darkness and repent of it. After all he does say to seek his righteousness first and all these things will be added to you. I have just started learning this in the last few weeks so I am keen to see what happens.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
I have been angry/upset/disappointed/frustrated etc etc with God too and for some time. I would wonder why he was not answering my prayers esp concerning something that was quite important to me. I kept asking him why and he kept giving me the same dream about six times. I didn't understand it and this increased my anger and frustration. I finally understood it, by accident actually. I was upset with someone for the way that they had treated me and I felt like I had a right to be upset too so I kind of dismissed my upsetness (I know it is not a word). It was when I forgave and changed my behaviour towards them that things almost immediately improved in that thing I was praying about. I was shocked. I realised that our human behaviour is that we want our circumstances to change first, then we will change our wrong behaviour. God did the opposite. Change your behaviour first and I will change your circumstances.

The other thing I learnt is that we want our circumstances to improve over night whilst we are asleep. Go to bed at night and wake up and a miracle has been done. For me this was not the case. God wanted me to walk into the deep water or the hot fire and in doing so things would change. I was resisting and he was waiting patiently. I didn't know I had to do this and as things would heat up I would resist. I didn't know that I was actually resisting God. Thankfully he gave me a dream.

In this dream I was homeless. I was with a group of people who were also homeless and we were looking for somewhere to sleep. We found this deserted movie theatre and it seemed like a good place to sleep. I went downstairs to lock the door so nobody else could come up. When I returned to the room where everyone was they were all lined up and walking into the water. I lined up too but was scared as they were walking into water that was deep and was quickly going over their head. I did not like the look of that as I thought if I do that too, the water will go over my head and I will drown so I started to resist and wanted to run from the line. The others seemed to be walking in almost happily. They weren't resisting at all.

Suddenly I saw God in the deep water and he was motioning for me to come into the deep water because if I did, I will learn, change and also receive answered prayer. Then I woke up.

I realised that I was resisting God and need to lose control and walk into the deep and not resist him. I cant say that I like the process but to receive the change, have answered prayer, grow and to actually trust God (not there yet but better than I was) is worth it.

You may be not understanding Gods process and ways of answering the prayers you have been praying. The heat increasing or the deep waters you face may actually be his way of delivering you. It is your choice. Choose to what you may be thinking of as "drowning" and see what happens. You may be surprised that you may not drown. Also ask him to search your heart and reveal any unforgiveness, sin or darkness and repent of it. After all he does say to seek his righteousness first and all these things will be added to you. I have just started learning this in the last few weeks so I am keen to see what happens.
Thank you, Ruby. I truly believe th will help many folks. God bless you. IMG_5764.gif

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I will pray for God to place a protective hedge around you from all of the bad things. Will pray for healing for you, and for God to give you peace in your mind and joy in your heart. The 'sick and tired' will end sooner rather than later.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I enjoyed your testimony and could relate to it. It is the struggle and how, by the grace of God, we cope with it that defines who we currently are. You are on quite the spiritual journey in your life's adventure. Please know that we are just passing through on this earthly plane. I pray for safe passage for you.

Aug 17, 2023
Gemmy, the rantings of an old man if you don't mind. You have nothing to fear, you are a daughter of the G-d of Abraham, we are to be warriors! For now we are targets, the adversary. My walk with our Lord began thirty-one years ago at the age of forty-two. I'm a veteran with PTSD, after I left the service I went on a twenty-three year drunk. The last six years were the worst, I was void of hope. I was about to end my life, firearm ready and against the side of my head and then a soft and calm, what I will call a voice said " if you go forward with this, it will be a final act, if you trust in me (G-d) you will have a good life. Three days later I asked my Lord to show me what he had and the rest is history. I have been sober for thirty-one years not one drink. I'm now 70 and I lack nothing. My time between 42 and 70 was pretty much a rollercoaster in regards to my walk with our Lord while trying to keep moving forward in life. Test after test, season after season, mountains and valley's until the day we enter the Kingdom, that is what I see. Watch, wait, serve, pray, learn the word also until we go home. On the day when I truly realized that I was not placed here for myself, I was placed here to be a servant 24/7/365. And I had to realize that everything I own is not mine, it belongs to my Lord and ever since I put this into practice I began finding what we all want, peace, sweet peace in and evil and hectic world. I came across this the other day https://deeperchristian.com/gospel-lineage/ , now how did I miss something that I now consider to be, well prophetic. Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time are not comparable to the coming glory to be revealed to us. Blessings Sister

F

FollowingtheWay

@Gemmy

This is a prayer adaptation from eph 3:16-19

Father-from whom all fatherhood derives it’s name-I pray that from your glorious, unlimited resources you would give Gemmy a mighty inner strength (a glorious inner strength) by the power of your spirit in her inner being, her inmost being.

I pray that Jesus Christ will be more and more at home in her heart,I pray that her roots would go down deep into the soil of your marvelous love papa-that she would be rooted and grounded in love, that she would have the power to understand how wide, how long, how high, and how deep your love really is.

I pray Gemmy know, really know and experience, the love of Christ, so that she will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from above.

In Jesus name amen