Truth from the Bible Adam and Eve were not the first people on earth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
No one has to teach myself or anyone else. The scripture is written, we read it.
Chapter 1 is God's account of creation. Chapter 2 is further detail about the creation.

If we read the word blue, we don't need some charlatan telling us it says red. Drop the deceptive teacher now.
“and hath made of one blood

all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:26-27‬ ‭KJV‬‬[/QUOTE]

P

Polar

And this is why we follow Christ and not another person no matter how much we might respect them.

P

Polar

I am curious about something tho.

Does or has Ray preached this to the congregation or did you and he have a private conversation?

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
No one has to teach myself or anyone else. The scripture is written, we read it.
Chapter 1 is God's account of creation. Chapter 2 is further detail about the creation.

If we read the word blue, we don't need some charlatan telling us it says red. Drop the deceptive teacher now.
Just Gods word

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
I am curious about something tho.

Does or has Ray preached this to the congregation or did you and he have a private conversation?
He is just a student of the wors past 25 years

P

Polar

He is just a student of the wors past 25 years
you lost me with the word 'wors'

translation please?

anyway, I didn't think he was talking to a congregation.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
We can't use the Bible to prove that Adam and Eve were the first people
because that would be like acquitting an accused man on the basis of him
saying he didn't do it.
_

P

pottersclay

Sin entered the world through one man....adam.
For all have sinned and fall short......all
There is none righteous no not one......none.

If adam was not the first man according to scripture then what happened with the supposed others who would not be effected by adams rebellion? According to what i understand in scripture our first parents were to live forever.
But because of sin it caused death physical and spiritual.
Did the supposed others survive the flood? If death could not hold Jesus because he was perfect what of the supposed others. No sin. Soo....
I believe there are many accounts in the scriptures that discredit this ideal teaching. Would you suggest rewriting the creation events.

P

pottersclay

Plus the fact that we enter in through faith (heaven) so what faith did they have? That would mean they live on earth forever....right.

Scarlett7297

Mar 28, 2020
I will tell you what John Ray my teacher told me. If there is something you do not understand please ask I will try and answer it and if I can't I will find out the answer. The other thing is if you don't quite understand something just put it on the shelf and come back to it later.

If we do not understand the beginning how can we understand the ending

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeper upon the earth.

Let us make man in our image: we will pick that up in verse 27. Man was to be over the fish,the birds, the cattle and all the other animals.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Strong's Concordance - Hebrew #H6754

צֶלֶם tselem {tseh'-lem} From an unused root meaning to shade; a phantom, that is, (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence a representative figure, especially an idol.

We have a body just as Jesus had, we have a soul, and we have a spirit.

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that movement upon the earth.

They were given dominion over the fish (fisherman) Fowl of the air and every living that moves upon the earth. (hunters and headsman)

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

This last group are gathers of nuts, barriers, fruit anything growing wild.

Genesis 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creeper upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

And that is the way that God intended it to be.

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

God saw everything He had made and behold it was very good! Everything that included man, animals, . . . ECT.

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

The heavens and the earth were finished. The seventh day God had ended all his work and He rested

Genesis 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Everything was finished; or was it?

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Generations Strong's Concordance means history. That is the history for everything from verse 1 of Genesis all the way to Genesis 2:4.

Genesis 2:5

Berean Standard Bible
Now no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth, nor had any plant of the field sprouted; for the LORD God had not yet sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to cultivate the ground.

King James Bible
And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Do not over look what this verse says Genesis 1:30 talked about the trees, plants etc for the wild animals and man. What does this verse say no plant, no herb of the field. There were no crops. No corn, wheat, no barley ect. Why was that? Reason 1 God had not made it rain upon the earth; but that had not stopped the trees and wild plants from growing; Why? They had the waters from day 3 of creation. Reason # 2 This is the big one. If you do not understand the beginning you will never fully understand the end. THERE WAS NO MAN TO TILL THE GROUND. God mad man on the 6th day to be hunters, fishermen, gatherers and herdsman. God had not made a farmer.

Genesis 2:6:But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

The whole ground was wet for the first time. So what did God do? Lets find out.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

I am going to copy chapter 1:27&28 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that movement upon the earth.

Using the common sense that God gave you look at these two descriptions and tell me they are the same. Chapter one God created male and female. Chapter 2 says God took the dust of the earth. Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

This is the first place in the bible where dust is used. It is # 6083 in the Hebrew of the Strong's Concordance. Dust; hence, clay, earth, mud, ashes.

As the potter takes the clay God took the dust of the earth and formed Adam and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. The spirit, and man became a living being. Did God give the people on the 6th day a spirit He sure did just like every other person from the fall of Adam until today 10/11/2022 till Jesus returns. If that is not enough reason to understand who the first man was lets jump to the 2:21-23 21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

How could Adam and Eve been the first people created on the 6th day if Eve came from Adam's rib and was created countless days after the 6th day of creation.

When we stop and read Gods word with understanding and the leading of the Holy Spirit and leave all the traditions of man to the side Gods word makes sense.

Here is what Jesus said to us,
Mark 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

So according to your understanding from the above , what happened to the female that was made on the 6th day.... did she have children too? And does that mean not all are from Adam directly if perchance some of us were born of the woman made on the 6th day ?...but even so.....it is this female and male (that were made on the 6th day) that were made in the image of God....does that mean the man formed from the dust wasn't formed in the image of God?

Jan 31, 2021
Sin entered the world through one man....adam.
For all have sinned and fall short......all
There is none righteous no not one......none.

If adam was not the first man according to scripture then what happened with the supposed others who would not be effected by adams rebellion? According to what i understand in scripture our first parents were to live forever.
But because of sin it caused death physical and spiritual.
Did the supposed others survive the flood? If death could not hold Jesus because he was perfect what of the supposed others. No sin. Soo....
I believe there are many accounts in the scriptures that discredit this ideal teaching. Would you suggest rewriting the creation events.
Paul said that Adam was the "first man".

Acts 17:26 - From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

Rather difficult to argue for humans before Adam.

And then there's Rom 5-
12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—
15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!
16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.
17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!
19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Those who would try to argue that Paul was referring to any other man, are deluded.

Aug 2, 2021
I will tell you what John Ray my teacher told me. If there is something you do not understand please ask I will try and answer it and if I can't I will find out the answer. The other thing is if you don't quite understand something just put it on the shelf and come back to it later.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeper upon the earth.

Let us make man in our image: we will pick that up in verse 27. Man was to be over the fish,the birds, the cattle and all the other animals.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

צֶלֶם tselem {tseh'-lem} From an unused root meaning to shade; a phantom, that is, (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence a representative figure, especially an idol.

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that movement upon the earth.

They were given dominion over the fish (fisherman) Fowl of the air and every living that moves upon the earth. (hunters and headsman)

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creeper upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

God saw everything He had made and behold it was very good! Everything that included man, animals, . . . ECT.

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

The heavens and the earth were finished. The seventh day God had ended all his work and He rested

Genesis 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Generations Strong's Concordance means history. That is the history for everything from verse 1 of Genesis all the way to Genesis 2:4.

Berean Standard Bible
Now no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth, nor had any plant of the field sprouted; for the LORD God had not yet sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to cultivate the ground.

King James Bible
And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Do not over look what this verse says Genesis 1:30 talked about the trees, plants etc for the wild animals and man. What does this verse say no plant, no herb of the field. There were no crops. No corn, wheat, no barley ect. Why was that? Reason 1 God had not made it rain upon the earth; but that had not stopped the trees and wild plants from growing; Why? They had the waters from day 3 of creation. Reason # 2 This is the big one. If you do not understand the beginning you will never fully understand the end. THERE WAS NO MAN TO TILL THE GROUND. God mad man on the 6th day to be hunters, fishermen, gatherers and herdsman. God had not made a farmer.

Genesis 2:6:But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

I am going to copy chapter 1:27&28 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that movement upon the earth.

Using the common sense that God gave you look at these two descriptions and tell me they are the same. Chapter one God created male and female. Chapter 2 says God took the dust of the earth. Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

This is the first place in the bible where dust is used. It is # 6083 in the Hebrew of the Strong's Concordance. Dust; hence, clay, earth, mud, ashes.

As the potter takes the clay God took the dust of the earth and formed Adam and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. The spirit, and man became a living being. Did God give the people on the 6th day a spirit He sure did just like every other person from the fall of Adam until today 10/11/2022 till Jesus returns. If that is not enough reason to understand who the first man was lets jump to the 2:21-23 21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

How could Adam and Eve been the first people created on the 6th day if Eve came from Adam's rib and was created countless days after the 6th day of creation.

When we stop and read Gods word with understanding and the leading of the Holy Spirit and leave all the traditions of man to the side Gods word makes sense.

You misunderstand what you are reading and therefore you come to a erroneous conclusion.

Jan 14, 2021

Berean Standard Bible

King James Bible

I'm having a hard time following your thesis.

It looks like you are trying to claim that Gen 2 would chronologically follow after Gen 1. I don't think that's a viable way of interpretting Gen 1 & 2.