Truth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 3, 2010
Truth only hurts pride.

Truth is when reality conflicts with our private interpretations

C

charisenexcelcis

It's not, though. It's a uniquely Roman invention.
It predates the Romans, though that may not be important to what you are saying.

Jan 22, 2010
It predates the Romans, though that may not be important to what you are saying.
Oh, does it?

Yeah, I'd like to be accurate :p But ultimately no, it's not important. What's important is the fact that Romans or not, it's still a man-made invention that is in no way eternal and has not pre-existed the world.

Jan 22, 2010
There are other methods of murder, aren’t there?
Well, duh, but that's exactly what Snail said: "there's pretty much no way he'd be killed like he was in Jerusalem 2000 years ago"

C

charisenexcelcis

Oh, does it?

Yeah, I'd like to be accurate :p But ultimately no, it's not important. What's important is the fact that Romans or not, it's still a man-made invention that is in no way eternal and has not pre-existed the world.
I believe that what the others are trying to say is that God is timeless and thus the sacrifice of Jesus is seen by Him outside of time, thus the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.

Jan 22, 2010
I believe that what the others are trying to say is that God is timeless and thus the sacrifice of Jesus is seen by Him outside of time, thus the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.
Ah. Well, I agree with that, but I do not agree that there's anything particularly eternal or pre-existing about the cross.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Alot of language in these posts seperating Jesus from the Father..

Well.. Jesus was around with the Father and the Holy Spirit since forever!

Jesus was not spiritually dead when He was crucified. He descended to the abode of the dead and set the captives free after crucifixion. Then He returned to the physical body of Jesus and resurrected that by the Father's power. Later after appearing to the disciples He ascended to be with the Father as God.

The Father is not superior to the Son.. the Father is not superior to the Holy Spirit.. they are all expressions and substances of one being.

'There is one God and no other beside Him'

Jesus said-- "I AM"

Anyway.. this isn't about the trinity for this thread.. but just wanting to say that the Father interacting with the Son during the gospels is not an superior/inferior relationship.. so Jesus lays His life down willingly.. knowing in advance of what He was going to do.. carryout His purpose in being the Hand of God.

Dec 19, 2009
Well, duh, but that's exactly what Snail said: "there's pretty much no way he'd be killed like he was in Jerusalem 2000 years ago"
I thought Snail was saying that Jesus wouldn’t be killed if he walked the earth today.