Trying Keto. Any advice?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
My sister does the two and five diet. You eat for five days and fast for two but she spreads the days. So her two no eat days are Mon and Thurs. The rest of the days she eats. She has lost alot of weight. I hadn't seen her for a few months and was surprised when I did. She combines this also with a walk four days a week. On her no eat days she can drink water, coffee and tea and if it is particularly difficult she may have a bit of fruit or a carrot and celery stick.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Was doing pretty well, and lost about 15 lbs, until the virus junk hit last March, and knocked me off it.

Probably gained about 10 of it back. Going to try again soon. I'm eating waaaay too much sugar and carbs now.
oh it is tough when you fall off the wagon, really shows how addictive the carbs are. Hope you get back on track and well done for your success, even if you have lost some of it, at least you know you can do it and can get back to it again :)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
My sister does the two and five diet. You eat for five days and fast for two but she spreads the days. So her two no eat days are Mon and Thurs. The rest of the days she eats. She has lost alot of weight. I hadn't seen her for a few months and was surprised when I did. She combines this also with a walk four days a week. On her no eat days she can drink water, coffee and tea and if it is particularly difficult she may have a bit of fruit or a carrot and celery stick.
No question about it, even if you don't diet in some way, the intermittent fasting absolutely works.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Jujitsu is also good.

wait..............wrong Keto..............

carry on.............. :p

Mar 4, 2020
Keto works well.

I have a rare body mass index where my height to wieght ratio doesn't conform to traditional fat percentage models. In other words, for my height and weight I fall into the overweight category but it fails to calculate for lean muscle mass which weighs more than pure fat. In reality I wasn't overweight.

I still wanted to drop a few useless pounds and I simply stopped eating breads, pastas, and drinking sodas. I resumed my regular life and my metabolism took care of the rest.

Key is to just be committed. Results might not be instant. Just stick with the plan

G

Godsgirl83

ug, I never realized how much bread and pasta I consumed untill I started trying to cut them out.

@PennEd any updates?

I know I can simply search online for this ( I have and it gets so overwhelming, that's why I'm asking here)
Does anyone have any "keto friendly" (yet still yummy enough to feed the whole clan) recipes to share?

Reformed1689

Jun 1, 2018
I use Keto and caloric deficits to lose weight. I got up to 235lbs in September of 2020 because our commander gave strict orders about being in public spaces so I wasn't really able to go to the gym and exercise the way I would have liked. Previously I usually sat around 205lbs. I started Keto in September and kept track of my weight by date. Currently I am sitting at 195lbs when I wake up in the morning (best time to weigh yourself) and not budging much for the past few weeks so I probably will have to cut calories again if I want to move down more. I try to create a diet that uses around 1500-1800 calories to lose weight. Considering I reached 199.6lbs on the 14th of January totaling 35 lbs of weight loss at that point I think it worked out.

1614863457786.png

The above is an example of what a meal might look like. One of the mistakes people make with Keto, and at times people means me, is that they rely too much on protein and end up having a low carb low fat high protein diet which is not what you want to do because it will not create the desired results.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I will be 97 in May, when it is SO hard to lose weight. I just had 50 plus pounds simply disappear without dieting when I decided to eliminate all white carbs from my diet to control diabetes.

The diet is really simply eating the Lord's way: If God created it and no man changed it, it is fine to eat. Men get such a kick out of taking grains apart. They take anything of the grain that is nutritious away and feed it to our cattle leaving a starchy paste like white flour, white pasta, white rice, degermed cornmeal. If you refuse to eat any of this, but eat as God created food, the excess pounds will melt away and you will feel wonderful. If you can afford it, watch that all meat, eggs, and milk is treated as God created them to be treated and not "improved" by man.

Why food costs more if it isn't subjected to any manufacturing is astonishing. The extra cost can be saved by becoming so healthy you don't need expensive medication.

G

Godsgirl83

I was sent a video by this guy for a product review today.
Well while watching it curiosity got me for the videos on the side......
eventually I ended up just going to his youtube channel page.
A LOT of yummy looking and seemingly pretty simple recipes here.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SeriousKeto/videos

davg

Mar 15, 2021
Hello! Now I am trying keto too, it feels strange. It doesn't suit everyone. Make sure you feel good, then it will mean everything is OK. I also calculate my calories.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
What about paleo/ low carb? Am finding that v helpful
Goal is to reverse diabetes and lose weight. It's working!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
What about paleo/ low carb? Am finding that v helpful
Goal is to reverse diabetes and lose weight. It's working!
This is what worked wonders for me, both in controlling diabetes and in loosing 50 pounds while I otherwise ate as normal.

As an added bonus, I believe science is right and carbs should only be from whole grains. Our immune system is so damaged from our processed foods we are in an emergency situation.