trying to remember

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Senior Member
Apr 20, 2009
14,479
182
63
I believe it was Solomon that wrote the words, but I remeber reading a summery where he said that all the things we think matter, wisdom, understanding, knowladge.. ect... in the end held nothing.
That all was as dust, and in the end, held no value.

If any recall the scripture? Please share it, as Ive been trying to find it again. :)

The reason I wanted to share it, was because, so much division and debate about so much lately.
Not saying we shoudnt do this or seek that. :)
But more lately in prayer about it all.... Faith in Jesus is all that matters has been the answer.
Trusting all in Jesus to God Our Father through faith!
Because , in the end, all is really just dust, for all we become, all we have faith in, all we hope for, the life we seek.....
Has nothing to do with anything we gain or accomplish, and none of such things will save us.
In the end, it trully is, I am the way, the truth and the life, Jesus!
For He in us does bring grace, faith, hope and love, that we may one day see face to face.
The perfect, Jesus!

So maby for a moment, we can be still and return to our first love.
And see again, the perfect!
Thankyou dear Jesus that in you we have rest, peace, truth, hope, salvation and perfect love!
Thankyou God Our Father, for before creation, You knew us!
All is your glory!!!!


God bless
pickles
 
You may find something relating to this subject in Lamentations.

Here is one treatment on the subject from Isaiah:
Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
Isa 29:14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
 
Last edited:
Thankyou JaumeJ, the details I always struggle with, I remember the message though. :) Thankyou Jesus!
Never thought of Lamitations, seemed more joyful to me. :)
Ill look tonight. :)

Thankyou again.:)
God bless
pickles
 
I remember it being in the books of wisdom, but it might have been the prophetic as well.
I keep folding the pages I want to remember, but now my poor bible is simply filled with folded pages. :)
I tried writing down the most liked scriptures, but I forgot where I wrote it all. :)
Maby the way God wants it though, makes me depend on Him for everything.
Thankyou for your help. :)

God bless
pickles
 
Is this what you were looking for Pickles ?


Ecclesiastes 2

Wisdom and Folly Are Meaningless


[SUP]12 [/SUP]Then I turned my thoughts to consider wisdom,
and also madness and folly.
What more can the king’s successor do
than what has already been done?
[SUP]13 [/SUP]I saw that wisdom is better than folly,
just as light is better than darkness.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]The wise have eyes in their heads,
while the fool walks in the darkness;
but I came to realize
that the same fate overtakes them both.

[SUP]15 [/SUP]Then I said to myself,
“The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?”
I said to myself,
“This too is meaningless.”
[SUP]16 [/SUP]For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
 
yes it sounds like a summary of the book of Ecclesiastes

[h=3]Ecclesiastes 12[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)



12 Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth,
Before the difficult days come,
And the years draw near when you say,
“I have no pleasure in them”:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]While the sun and the light,
The moon and the stars,
Are not darkened,
And the clouds do not return after the rain;
[SUP]3 [/SUP]In the day when the keepers of the house tremble,
And the strong men bow down;
When the grinders cease because they are few,
And those that look through the windows grow dim;
[SUP]4 [/SUP]When the doors are shut in the streets,
And the sound of grinding is low;
When one rises up at the sound of a bird,
And all the daughters of music are brought low.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Also they are afraid of height,
And of terrors in the way;
When the almond tree blossoms,
The grasshopper is a burden,
And desire fails.
For man goes to his eternal home,
And the mourners go about the streets.

[SUP]6 [/SUP]Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed,[SUP][a][/SUP]
Or the golden bowl is broken,
Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain,
Or the wheel broken at the well.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

[SUP]8 [/SUP]“Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher,
“All is vanity.
 
Ecc 2:26 For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit.
 
Thankyou all so much for your help. :)
Yes you found the scripture I was looking for and more that was relevant to the same. :)

God bless you all for your help and efforts. :)
Pickles
 
Ecc 9:1 For all this I considered in my heart even to declare all this, that the righteous, and the wise, and their works, are in the hand of God: no man knoweth either love or hatred by all that is before them.

Ecc 9:2 All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that sweareth, as he that feareth an oath.

Ecc 9:3 This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.

Ecc 9:4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Ecc 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; (nothing matters) neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

*********************

Proverbs 13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.

Pro 18:2 A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.

Proverbs 12:23 The prudent keep their knowledge to themselves, but a fool's heart blurts out folly.

Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise adorns knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.

Ecclesiastes 10:3 Even as fools walk along the road, they lack sense and show everyone how stupid they are.
 
So now that we know these things why do we CONTINUE to live this way. The Boston marathon bombing would've NEVER happened if we treat the world like we want to be treated.
 
Thankyou, good scriptures as well, and what I was hopeful to find.
Seems ecc was the book I was looking for. :)

God bless
pickles