Tyre Nichols

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Unwillingness or inability to control ones emotions, is not a good thing.:unsure::(
People who look for ways to be offended so they can lash out could benefit from a time of introspection and meditation, hopefully in the Word and with Him, otherwise by default the other side can hold sway.
No one can say they were once Christian but no longer are, that would be at best an shallow, outward form, unproductive practice of religion and not faith and relationship with the person of Jesus Christ.:)(y):unsure::coffee:

best wishes

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Unwillingness or inability to control ones emotions, is not a good thing.:unsure::(
People who look for ways to be offended so they can lash out could benefit from a time of introspection and meditation, hopefully in the Word and with Him, otherwise by default the other side can hold sway.
No one can say they were once Christian but no longer are, that would be at best an shallow, outward form, unproductive practice of religion and not faith and relationship with the person of Jesus Christ.:)(y):unsure::coffee:

best wishes
Say this is where you and I always butt heads because you always try to belittle me because I am no longer Christian and then you use that to try to discredit my opinion on any topic we're discussing
Bottom line here is that there was tragic unnecessary loss of life and stands the reason people are going to be angry
I'm not going to say I condone rioting but it's almost as if it gets results because you notice these officers were pretty much immediately arrested and charged. It could be that someone is finally caught on that the public at large will not tolerate anything less than Swift and immediate Justice for cops who break the law

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I am disappointed at how instantly people argue even here. Is this not a shameful thing as this is a place for Christian discussion? Every Christian group I have joined has been the same, endless senseless arguing, more so than non-believers. I thought it might be different this time.

The thing is a man, a human being, was beaten to death. How horrific! The answers will come in time as to why black officers of the law, the law which we all must trust and depend upon, would murder a black man. They have already been fired and charged with murder.
If it had been white officers there would have been huge outcries about racism. In this case the motive is truly puzzling. Even hardened troublemakers who jump on every bandwagon must be confused!
Well... an anti-christian hater has started the insult-flinging. Says stupid things like because Christians are not more like secular Leftists is the reason they're hated. That's real inclusion for ya from the Left!

But, they don't mean tolerance or inclusion. They mean "Comply and submit! Obey and agree with us! Or, we will punish you!"

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Say this is where you and I always butt heads because you always try to belittle me because I am no longer Christian and then you use that to try to discredit my opinion on any topic we're discussing
Bottom line here is that there was tragic unnecessary loss of life and stands the reason people are going to be angry
I'm not going to say I condone rioting but it's almost as if it gets results because you notice these officers were pretty much immediately arrested and charged. It could be that someone is finally caught on that the public at large will not tolerate anything less than Swift and immediate Justice for cops who break the law
I don't belittle you, you belittle yourself by what you post, you post on a Christian site saying you were once Christian and are not now, that isn't possible, you never were truly Christian, you held to an outward form perhaps for a time but were never fully Christian.
We don't "butt heads", you embarrass yourself from your posts and then deny truth when it is given, such as your insistence on having an "opinion" when the NT is clear we are no longer our own.
You live to yourself and not to the Lord of this world.
best wishes

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
The subject at hand? It seems squabbling like children is more important. Are you not ashamed?

Those who are arguing are in fact illustrating very well how dangerously frayed tempers can mean the slightest thing can set off a murder. This is what we are and I really wonder why God loves us.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I'm thankful I don't "argue", nor offer "opinions".:)(y):unsure::coffee:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I am disappointed at how instantly people argue even here. Is this not a shameful thing as this is a place for Christian discussion? Every Christian group I have joined has been the same, endless senseless arguing, more so than non-believers. I thought it might be different this time.
Welcome to the internet.

It's the same across the e-board. I don't have facebook but most of my family does. You get the same stuff there. Everybody has an opinion and most people are allergic to opinions opposite their own.

"Opinions are like farts. Everybody has some and everybody has been around their own so long that they can't smell them any more... But they can still sure tell when other people's stink!"

I consider an internet forum a more accurate cross-section of society than a conversation at a job, church or store. At a job there was at least a little screening before the coworkers got the job, and at the store or church you mostly have people who know each other. On the internet you get a more random, diverse sampling and people are more free to speak their minds without worrying about social censure.

Unfortunately this also makes an internet forum a good place to get your ego fix, pumping up your pride by putting other people down. A lot of people take advantage of that to spout off and deride others.

It's almost like listening to a whole room full of talk radio hosts...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
On the flip side, you can quit a forum a lot easier than quitting a job, church or store. You can walk away from this without walking away from an income, supplies or local christian support base. (y):sneaky:

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Sure everyone has an "opinion" unless they are saved, sanctified, born again, Spirit filled, and walking with the Lord as He desires.:)(y):unsure::coffee:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sure everyone has an "opinion" unless they are saved, sanctified, born again, Spirit filled, and walking with the Lord as He desires.:)(y):unsure::coffee:
Sometimes those saved, sanctified and etc. people are the worst because they can't tell the difference between their opinions and holy writ. "I'm a Christian and I've got God on my side, so if you disagree with me you're disagreeing with God himself!" even when their opinions seem very different from what the Bible says about how God sees things.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Well... an anti-christian hater has started the insult-flinging. Says stupid things like because Christians are not more like secular Leftists is the reason they're hated. That's real inclusion for ya from the Left!

But, they don't mean tolerance or inclusion. They mean "Comply and submit! Obey and agree with us! Or, we will punish you!"
A man was out of his car and viciously beaten to death over a traffic infraction. My go-to response was to be shocked and horrified
His go to response we'll just to say oh well it's just an excuse for riot's
It's almost as if it doesn't require religion to have empathy for another human being or something
Also you're comply or submit argument is literally the exact opposite because a lot of Christians in America think that anything less than 100% compliance to their demands equates to them being persecuted
Actually most of my friends are Christian and don't behave like some of the people on this forum

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Being easily triggered is an evidence of failure to control emotions.
best wishes

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Also, thus far there have not been any riots because all five officers were pretty much immediately arrested and charged.
I'm Tennessee 2nd degree murder is minimum 15 and maximum 60
If they get light sentences then we may see rights but I guess we'll have to wait and see but, the complete unnecessary and brutal nature of this man being beaten to death I don't imagine they will get light sentences

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
It seems squabbling like children is more important. Are you not ashamed?
TRO....

So once again, you come to a Christian forum in order to post something controversial, where you make accusations against Christians, and then when Christians quite reasonably and expectedly disagree with you... you call them names and pretend to be victimized by their disagreement.

These methods are silly, the deceit is palpable, and the psychological manipulation is beyond obvious.

When people show up to irritate others, for the sheer enjoyment of the irritation... we used to call that trolling.
Do we not use that word anymore?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
TRO....

So once again, you come to a Christian forum in order to post something controversial, where you make accusations against Christians, and then when Christians quite reasonably and expectedly disagree with you... you call them names and pretend to be victimized by their disagreement.

These methods are silly, the deceit is palpable, and the psychological manipulation is beyond obvious.

When people show up to irritate others, for the sheer enjoyment of the irritation... we used to call that trolling.
Do we not use that word anymore?

If being "Christian" means having zero empathy for a man who was savagely beaten to death for no reason then you can keep that.
But as I said before, most of my Christian friends are not like that it could just be there over represented on this forum

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Also I asked a question earlier so let me try again.
While I do not condone rioting and destroying property,, Dr Martin Luther King once said that rioting is the voice of an unheard people
I do not believe he was actually condoning rioting but rather just describing it as a symptom of another problem
Since these officers were pretty much immediately arrested and charged, could it be that someone is finally catching on that the public at large will not tolerate anything than Swift and immediate Justice when cops break the law?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Prayers lifted for the family and friends of Tyre Nichols....so very sad...:(

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
No no no. YOU are trolling. HE is being self righteous. Big difference there.

Me, I'm playing Skyrim while I wait for the next episode of this soap opera. Power leveling "Heavy Armor" skill right now.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Prayers lifted for the family and friends of Tyre Nichols....so very sad...:(
It's my opinion but I think there are two types of people who become police officers
1 the person who genuinely wants to protect and serve his community
2. The sociopath through seeks to hide behind a badge
Remember Sandra Bland from texas? The officer lost his temper just because she wouldn't put out a cigarette in her own car
She committed no crime. In my opinion that officer should have been charged with kidnapping
All that family from Phoenix who was held at gunpoint because they're 2-year-old daughter shoplifted a doll from the dollar store
So my question is what is it that's making these police officers go all Mogadishu on American citizens?