U.S. WEIGHS OPTIONS FOR MILATARY RESPONSE IN SYRIA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
yes thats the concern i have,,that is the Assad gov. can be held accountable for the stockpile of w.o.m.d. they possess. but say for instance we do attack his military (who then will be responsible for the w.o.m.d's.?),,,,so any weapons in their possession,(when we strike),are then the property of the first person who get's their hands on them.

so who are the rebels,AL Qaeda?,,,or is Assad backed by Al Qaeda?,,,both are a badly painted out come,that is Iraq at one time had in their possession w.o.m.d.,we the u.s. supplied it to them during the Iran-Iraq but we never found them. so where did they go,makes sens they migrated closer to the Israel border correct? remember in the 91 gulf war Saddam sent fighters to his enemy (Iran)in the 2nd war(Persian gulf) where did the w.o.m.d. go,to Syria?

but now there is still a problem that is if a government uses w.o.m.d. against a neighbor they(the government in possession) will be held responsible. but now consider,if these w.o.m.d. fall into a terrorist organization's possession,caused by the weakening of power of those responsible(u.s./allied intervention),,,then these weapons are in the possession of an terrorist organization and if they use them what will we do,declare a war on terrorism?

i thought this from the beginning(in the 70's),,,that is if any nation trained soldiers and sent them to attack any nation without a uniform on there was already laws(international) that declared them as spies. and they could be investigated by any government's military without a search warrant because (they,being spies) were not citizens of they nation they attacked.,,so why did we loose rights to do what they could already do by law?

so the correct definition of the word terrorist is and was from the beginning,,,"terror-ist",,,(1)Hebrew,Chaldea "fanners",stranger's,strongs #2114; to fan a fire,agitate:,,,,that is it is an organization/organizations used to wage war against nations/kingdoms ect. but not under the control of their country of origin.

so how will we past this point hold any nation responsible for the use of w.o.m.d. if after the interference(allied response),,,the Assad government's troops assigned to guard the w.o.m.d. in their possession,are then killed in action by allied response?,,,that is how can dead soldiers(who we kill) be held responsible for guarding them? or how will we hold a government responsible for being over powered by us,the u.s.?

we it seems in the year 2013 have a new definition of the word terrorism,,,it seems to mean,,,,"terror-ism",,,an UN-known group/groups with the ability to wage war against nations,states,religious organizations without the nation of their origin being held responsible: an organization,group/groups that exist within a state against the states will:,,,,,

lets say a month from now an hundred rockets launch from Jordan and fall in Israel,tipped with w.o.m.d.,,,,and Jordan says "hah!,there's a terror cell in our nation!!",,,and we send inspectors to investigate and find they used to belong to Assad,but he was overrun by the rebels last month after he was weakened by allied response?,,,,what then?

Jul 25, 2005
Is it possible for any elected official in the USA to even speak one truth? Just one?
I have seen lies after lies, since the Clinton administration. The reason to invade another
country are:
1. We are threatened
2. To protect our interest
I understand what you are saying, but these criteria are pretty vague.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
this much i agree with drett.
zone.
No worries Zone. It is just a theory.

What is happening though is Russia and China is seeing is it is not in their interest to have Syria and Iran come under US control. They are pushing back.

BBC News - Syria crisis: Russia and China step up warning over strike

US states there is undeniable proof that chemical weapons were used. China is stating, hey your intelligence got it wrong in Iraq. You may have gotten it wrong again. They are stating don't do anything without a U.N mandate.

Russia is stating need to establish who is behind the chemical attack if there was one. Not just determine if a chemical attack occurred.

Remember bogus U.S. excuses for Iraq war before attacking Syria: China's Xinhua | Reuters

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Russia,china,,,someone should step in and take responsibility for where they will be in the future,,,not last week,,the u.s. stepping in is because of yesterday,,,the ball is not in their court. Russia,china,on the other hand could step forward and end this standoff,,,if they do i will trust them if not,,,,i will set them in the other basket with the allies.,,,,i think the balls in Russia and chinas court...

zone

Jun 13, 2010
No worries Zone. It is just a theory.
it's no theory drett.
it's all planned.
reasonably informed people know that.
and it's not about oil for crying out loud.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Russia,china,,,someone should step in and take responsibility for where they will be in the future,,,not last week,,the u.s. stepping in is because of yesterday,,,the ball is not in their court. Russia,china,on the other hand could step forward and end this standoff,,,if they do i will trust them if not,,,,i will set them in the other basket with the allies.,,,,i think the balls in Russia and chinas court...
why aren't the american people demanding the impeachment of another war criminal?

oh....faulty intelligence prolly.
nothin' to see here folks...move along

maybe the white hats in the US military will stage a coup (like egypt's neo-nasserites in the military)

Dec 19, 2009
A

AgeofKnowledge

It's only "bad" when the GOP engages in the behavior. When the Democrats do the exact same thing, it's fully justified in their minds. It's "good" and "necessary" to a Democrat, when a Democrat president passes billions of U.S. tax dollars to the Muslim Brotherhood to war against Christians and a secular government.

When Bush did it, they had speeches at Harvard in which they compared him to Hitler. When Obama does it, they are silent and supportive.

Their hypocrisy is transparent. http://christianchat.com/christian-news-forum/72312-united-hate-lefts-romance-tyranny-terror.html

why aren't the american people demanding the impeachment of another war criminal?

oh....faulty intelligence prolly.
nothin' to see here folks...move along

maybe the white hats in the US military will stage a coup (like egypt's neo-nasserites in the military)

Mar 1, 2012
If there is a USA response to this situation, do you think its possible, just maybe? That we are trying to stop atrocities happening to people?

No nation building.

No back door illuminati plot.

No secret oil deals.

No appeasement to terrorists.

Just plain ol' helping an oppressed people live without the fear of being gassed.

Maybe??

Jul 25, 2005
If there is a USA response to this situation, do you think its possible, just maybe? That we are trying to stop atrocities happening to people?

No nation building.

No secret oil deals.

Just plain ol' helping an oppressed people live without the fear of being gassed.

Maybe??
Nothing is ever so simple, but in spirit you are correct.

In a world filled with darkness that pervades even the light, we are too bungled to conceive that something good may be happening. That there are sacrifices still being made for the freedom of Man.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013

No nation building.

No secret oil deals.

Maybe??
When I start to see all countries that have oppression, being treated equally, then I will start to think it is for the good of humanity.

B

BradC

Putin to Cameron: No evidence Syria chemical weapons attack took place

Published time: August 26, 2013 18:30
Edited time: August 26, 2013 19:27

Russia has no evidence of whether a chemical weapons attack has taken place in Syria or who is responsible, Russian President Vladimir Putin told British Prime Minister David Cameron in a telephone call, according to Cameron’s official website.

The two leaders had an urgent phone call on Monday afternoon regarding the Syrian crisis in the wake of a sniper attack on UN chemical inspectors outside Damascus.

Following the call the British government spokesperson said: “President Putin said that they did not have evidence of whether a chemical weapons attack had taken place or who was responsible.”

Putin to Cameron: No evidence Syria chemical weapons attack took place — RT News
Would you like to explain what took the lives of over 350 men, women and children on August 21 and still counting? Was it a contagious viral or bacterial outbreak or perhaps no one died and it was all made up? If these things be true as they have been reported so far, who is responsible, the US perhaps or maybe Israel? This would be a good opportunity to put the blame on others who may have secretly and diabolically put this action into place to be able to come against Syria and stir up other who would come to Syria's aid. Do you trust President Putin and any of his cohorts who have an international bone to pick with you know who?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
president passes billions of U.S. tax dollars to the Muslim Brotherhood to war against Christians and a secular government.
a-a-a-a-and. there we have it AoK.

we get 9-11.
we get a war on terror.
we fund and create the terrorists.
they attack stable nations.
we blame the govt of that nation.

like....the script is so bad.
and yet it keeps working.
for the life of me i can't....uh....ya...n.m.

so, i ask myself....who is running the show down there?
it's a single agenda - voting for either "party" (which has been a single party for over 100 years, according to Carroll Quigley) is consent - consent to whatever they choose to do.

the GOP vs Dem scam is stupid.
i'm anti-revolution of any kind now that i'm a christian.
but surely there must be a way for the good guys (like Stewart Rhodes?) to just pull the plug and say no?
i reckon the private mercenaries are too embedded at this point:(

and if the Executive already has the power to act alone (or rather, with and through the United Nations Security Council - a private corporation) i dunno what can be done.

remember old Hans Blix was supposedly authorized by the "world" to go find those wmds in iraq.
he never found anything.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Would you like to explain what took the lives of over 350 men, women and children on August 21 and still counting? Was it a contagious viral or bacterial outbreak or perhaps no one died and it was all made up? If these things be true as they have been reported so far, who is responsible, the US perhaps or maybe Israel? This would be a good opportunity to put the blame on others who may have secretly and diabolically put this action into place to be able to come against Syria and stir up other who would come to Syria's aid. Do you trust President Putin and any of his cohorts who have an international bone to pick with you know who?

hi red.
assad may not be your cup of tea.
your presidents aren't mine.

only brainwashed zombies would believe assad would use chemical weapons "on his own people".
what does that even mean? it's ludicrous.

the same dumb line thrown out about every leader they've taken out in the last couple years.
oh ya...there's Gaddafi, nationalizing and creating the jewel of africa...."strafing his own people" - just out of the blue.
sure.

i don't need to put the blame on anybody. i'm not involved in this, or doing any of it.

if you want to know who is doing it, read.
if you don't want to do that, why are you bothering me?

is it the pretrib rapture thing still?:)
that's ludicrous too.

~

as for putin - he hasn't played his hand yet.
but i have some thoughts on that.

Last edited:
B

BradC

hi red.
assad may not be your cup of tea.
your presidents aren't mine.

only brainwashed zombies would believe assad would use chemical weapons "on his own people".
what does that even mean? it's ludicrous.

the same dumb line thrown out about every leader they've taken out in the last couple years.
oh ya...there's Gaddafi, nationalizing and creating the jewel of africa...."strafing his own people" - just out of the blue.
sure.

i don't need to put the blame on anybody. i'm not involved in this, or doing any of it.

if you want to know who is doing it, read.
if you don't want to do that, why are you bothering me?

is it the pretrib rapture thing still?:)
that's ludicrous too.

~

as for putin - he hasn't played his hand yet.
but i have some thoughts on that.
Just some simple questions looking for an answer that we don't have at present. This 'Red' character you keep referring to must have had some kind of effect on you. I am not this 'Red' character, but if you feel the need to refer to me as such for whatever reason you may have, I certainly can't stop you. Do you think the rebels made the attack on that village so they could blame the Syrian gov't? Lots of factions going on internally in Syria but that does not fit into the conspiracy theory of some.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
china's not a player in syria, imo.
she's busy plowing up africa (with cover from AFRICOM), and US troops are guarding chinese workers in afghanistan:rolleyes:
the poppies are still in full bloom too.

China to mine copper in Afghanistan news

10 March 2009

China is continuing its hunt for minerals in Australia and Africa to secure its future requirements. It is now developing a massive copper deposit in neighbouring war-torn Taliban region of Afghanistan, considered as the most dangerous place in the world.

domain-b.com : China to mine copper in Afghanistan

maybe china's job is to wait until the US is bogged down (again) in the east, and just drop in from the west.
kissinger talked about it.
didn't he say at that point the americans would be crying for United Nations forces to protect the Motherland?
hmmm....

so that leaves russia.
the fact the US appears to be on an insane collision course with russia is quite telling.
the power elite have already jumped ship and off-shored.
and dey took all da money.

hmmm

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Just some simple questions looking for an answer that we don't have at present. This 'Red' character you keep referring to must have had some kind of effect on you. I am not this 'Red' character, but if you feel the need to refer to me as such for whatever reason you may have, I certainly can't stop you. Do you think the rebels made the attack on that village so they could blame the Syrian gov't? Lots of factions going on internally in Syria but that does not fit into the conspiracy theory of some.
rebels?
you mean the foreign created; trained; funded death-squads?
that have been brought in from outside the country?
the same kind as they used in Guatemala?

Christians in Syria Fear ‘Ethnic Cleansing’
by JOE CARTER on TUESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2013
Christians in Syria Fear ‘Ethnic Cleansing’ | Acton PowerBlog

what conspiracy theory?
whatever are you talking about?

who are the winners and losers in the Arab Spring fake popular uprisings?

this is one goal of what's going down today.
it didn't work last time, but if at first you don't succeed...try try again.
you figure it out.

Suez Crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh, yes spreading peace and democracy (that's newspeak for chaos and balkanization).
that's how you grab the stuff, man.

zone

Jun 13, 2010

No nation building.

No secret oil deals.

Maybe??
oh....how will they stop atrocities from happening?
by bombing Syria into the stone age?

that's what they said about Libya. or were you watching Dancing with the Stars while that went down?

‘Violent chaos’: Libya in deep crisis 2 years since rebels took over

Published time: August 26, 2013 13:01
Edited time: August 28, 2013 12:32

‘Violent chaos’: Libya in deep crisis 2 years since rebels took over — RT News

all ya have to do is spend a day and find out who the Muslim Brotherhood is.
if you can't be bothered doing that, just keep being "that guy".

what happened at Benghazi?

Benghazi accountability

faulty intelligence.
ahem.

Last edited: