I love my church family and friends and love my church, but man I am getting bored with it.
It's mostly elderlies, and children and there just isn't anything there for me to do.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy listening to my elderly friends share their experiences, but I prefer that sitting on a porch or lawn chair with a jar of tea.
Pastor preaches good messages and only once have I disagreed with something he preached and the was such a minor thing that it ain't worth discussion. It's just that there isn't any place to grow.
I even tried to play with the worship team, and at one time loved playing music, but I don't care to anymore.
It's kind of sad, but I may have to find someplace else to go, in order to be challenged, and have a place to grow. I want to learn more, and share what I have learned.
Well I would say disagree more with them then. As counter-intuitive as that sounds, the debate adds spice. For my church we have a Bible Study Group, I'm the lone millennial, so I understand what you mean by being surrounded by people ain't your peers being a lil awkward. I find the boomers love it if you are young and have read your Bible and can actually hold your own. Granted for me the Bible Study leader is the brother of my neighbor so we can kinda discuss and debate a lil more intimately since we know eachother out of the church doors, but if you been at the church for a while I imagine you probably know some of the people. You just have to find the right service for it, of course you can't be going back and forth during a main service, but at like a Bible Study type setting, spice that up, turn it from a boring lecture into a true discussion. I think you'll have more fun and so will the old people, and to boot you'll get to learn some more of the Bible as it is a lot more easy to learn if you are engaged rather than just passively having wind blown in your face.