Uncle Frank's wonderful Oatmeal peanut butter coikies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FrankLee

Jun 30, 2016
I started developing this recipe months ago and have it perfected to the point I no longer need to alter it. This recipe makes about 6 dozen cookies depending on size you want them. Half the recipe for lesser quantity.

In a large mixing bowl;

Melt 3 sticks of a good margarine or butter if you like.

Add 2 cups brown sugar

1 cup of peanut butter, smooth or crunchy if you like

2 eggs

I tsp salt

2 tsp baking soda

1 tablespoon cinnamon

I tsp nutmeg

2 tsp vanilla

Mix all of this thoroughly

Add 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour and mix well

Add 4 to 4 1/2 cups of 3 minute quick oats.

Mix all well do that it is a homogenous mixture.

Place finished dough into a one gallon zip lock bag and press flat. Place flat in the refrigerator for several hours until the dough is very stiff.

On bakers half sheets covered with parchment paper. Place balls of dough about 3/4" or 1" in diameter about 3" apart. Flatten the dough with a fork to about 3/8" thick.

In an oven preheated to 350° bake cookies from 11-13 minutes. Bake 2 minutes longer for a crisper. cookie.

I would post pictures but this site is not graphics friendly. I keep these cookies around all the time. They are my favorite. For a chocolate Oatmeal cookie substitute peanut butter with a cup of cocoa.

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks for sharing sir!

You keep these cookies around all the time? What was your address again? :D

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Interesting, I've never eaten a "coikie" before.. lol ;)

FrankLee

Jun 30, 2016
Your phone doesn't do typos...? Intelligence sees quickly and moves on without camping at the obvious...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I don't use a phone..chill out, I was just being funny..I knew what "coikie" meant.. :)

Your phone doesn't do typos...? Intelligence sees quickly and moves on without camping at the obvious...

Sep 11, 2017
oh, uncle Frank, i would love to see the cookies....... but hey, I'm hungry!!! really.... Will try the recipe soon:rolleyes: