Understanding Gods Plan....

  • Thread starter Thread starter stone8
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

stone8

Guest
So I have a degree in Bachelors in Speech Pathology. I have known since I was a child that this was the path that I wanted to be in. I had thought that was what the Lord had wanted for me too. However, in order to work in the field you need a Masters degree. So I applied to grad school, but I didn't get accepted. It costs a ton to apply, and a lot of work so I was def upset and heart broken. I tried again the following year, and yet again no luck.
I have prayed about it, and have found alternate work, but it is not what I want to do. Plus I have to work twice as hard because now that I am out of school I have a ton of bills and more responsibilities. I just do not know what God wants for me. I am confused and hurt. I feel like God gave me a heart for something and the ability to do it, but I am unable to. I am in limbo unsure of what to do next. I feel like at first I was so into prayer and really asking God to show me what he wanted for me. However, this has been a really tough year, and I feel like I am becoming more and more distant from God. Sometimes I even feel angry at him for all of this. Even as I think that I feel bad that I feel that way.
It is just becoming harder and harder to keep reassuring myself of Gods will. I was just curious if others felt this too...or if anyone had thoughts or advice. I know the Lord has a plan for me, and I am trying to remind myself that HE has a plan for me and has my best interests at heart, but I am just wondering when He will lead me to the next step of my life and this limbo will be no more.
 
Who hasn't you're in good company stone8! I think we all struggle when we do not see where exactly where God wants us to be or go? Usually in my case sometimes I believe God is moving me in a direction but I have come to learn that its actually me nudging towards it and claiming or (wanting) God to push me in that direction and eventually it feels as such. At least that's how it went for me. I am not sure if this is your case but I do believe that in these two years that you haven't been accepted you've grown quite alot in maturity and wisdom and I am certain God's desire is to allow you to grow more in those aspects of your life and grow in your relationship with him. I will keep you in my prayers and ask that God guide you so that if this is definitely where he wants you to be (you appear to have no doubt it is) he will open the doors for you. If its gotten to the point where you feel fresh out of options perhaps it is the best time to rely on the Lord in your greatest weakness he will be your greatest strength as I mentioned I will keep you in my prayers! Have faith if God put that in your heart he will provide it! Think about Abraham!! God told him he'd give him a son, and God never breaks a promise. So trust in him!
 
Thank you so much..and I know you are so right...but sometimes when u are so caught up in the moment and how things are affecting you...u completely miss what God is saying. I have been praying lately for God to take my eyes off of me cuz it is not all about me and see what his plan is for me. It is hard..but I am trying to put all my trust in him to tell me what is next...thank you for ur prayers :)
 
maybe you have the what right but not the where. have you considered the peace corps or a mission assignment in between? possibly even finishing your schooling abroad? two of my cousins that became remedial reading teacher's spent a year of there college on board a ship traveling from port to port as a legitimate school for their required curriculum. sometimes we think things have to be done in a certain way and we limit our options or the possibility of various directions. i will pray that God opens your heart and your mind to consider what you may have been closed to and if this simply a time of testing that He will help you to see it through to its desired end. God bless
 
truth be told jerusalem i have not looked into that...i looked all across the US but thats where my borders have reached..i guess God doesnt stop at the US wall...i could look into that thank you..never know what can find..