Unforgivable Sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sydude

this has scared me and i need help because ive been thinking bad things about the Holy Spirit and not meaning to and i would never mean it and im scared that he might put the sin on me. and cloud i have OCD

M

michael777

So I am just wondering what you people think , ages ago I became a Christian (4-5 years) shortly afterwards I turned my back on Christianity and became a Satanist then an Atheist, now I've recently came back to Christianity but did I commit the unforgivable sin by doing this? If not how do you commit this sin?
The unforgivable sin is Not believing in Jesus Christ. The only way you can blaspheme the Holy Spirit is by not believing in Jesus. A person cannot have the Holy Spirit if he is an unbeliever. Once a person believes he is covered by the Holy Spirit and becomes a child of God. Remember the thief on the cross next to Jesus, all he had to do was tell Jesus he believed and he was saved. People can change at any moment. It has nothing to do with works, but only in your belief in Jesus. From what I read in your post, you are fine. Don't worry at all. Michael777

J

jsekins95

In the Bible it specifically says that the worst sin you can commit is blasphemy. Obviously you have made some decisions contrary to the path God has laid out for you, but if you are truly repentent of your sins, there is no worldly influence that will keep God from forgiving you and loving you any less.

Jan 8, 2009
michael the sin is blasphemy, if you read the scripture in context it's not about disbelieving in Christ, but speaking evil of the Holy Ghost. Disbelieving in Christ is forgiveable because once a person believes in Christ, they are then forgiven from any past unbelief.

S

sydude

like i said in my last recent post im not a Pastor but it could be that the unforgivable sin is not accepting the Holy Spirit because i think that it might be that its unforgivable once you die and have not accepted him.

Jan 8, 2009
After death, no sin is going to be forgiven. It's too late. So that argument could apply to any sin. But if you get out your bible and read the actual verses it is specifically speaking a word against the Holy Spirit. (Luke 12:10). Look it up. This isn't rocket science.

Jun 19, 2009
Speaking a word against the Holy Spirit I've probably done that by accident before :(

G

Gazza21

I belive that the unforgivable sin is when a christian knows the love of Christ and then he/she tearns from God and then declares that God has the spirit of the devil. It says in Matt 12v31 Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

G

Gazza21

and what this scripture is saying is that if you speak evil of the Holy Spirit you will not be forgiven. But God is merciful and loving so i think that you have to keep on blaspheming against the spirit. You have not committed the unforgivable sin because you are still christian and love God. If you had committed the unforgivable sin you will hate God so much that thinking of becoming a christian again would make you feel physically sick. When someone commits it too many times, God says enough is enough and completely shuts himself away from that person.

I thought for ages that I had committed it, as I hated God for over 19 years but then i became christian only 2 years ago. For 1 and a half years I thought that i had committed it but I read Exodus when Pharaoh would not let the Israelis go and God spoke to me through it. Pharaoh kept on saying would not let them go, would not let them go, would not let them go. Because he kept on saying 'would not let them go' God says enough is enough and then Pharaoh says 'COULD NOT LET THEM GO'. God gave him over to the blasphemy. That is what the unforgivable sin is, keeping denying and blasphemy the Holy spirit.

I hope that you understand what i have wrote. But this is only my interpretation of the scripture so read it for your self as God will show you different revelation than he will to me so read Exodus if you want to understand it more.

Sorry that this was very long winded but it was hard to explain without writing a lot :) I hope that it has helped you understand it more.

God bless you

C

CTR

CloudStrife, I don't mean to pry into your relationship with the Saviour but you started out by saying you became a Christian 4-5 years ago but almost immediately abandoned that for something else. I think you are getting some good advice here, but it is coming from people who may very well know nothing of the mental illness that is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and the extent OCD may torment you with doubts, anxiety, irrational behavior, and so many other things completely beyond your ability to deal with.

This would be my recommendation to you. Get or continue therapy and make sure to take whatever meds you have been given. Ask your therapist or counselor if they know of a local pastor or other Christian minister who is familiar with OCD because you have some questions for that person. If the therapist or counselor doesn't know of anyone, then perhaps you can come back to this forum and someone here and research it for you.

Dealing with OCD is something you need help working through. As you do so with some trained professionals, seek out that minister or pastor who knows about what you are going through with it. In the meantime, try not to worry about this blasphemy issue until you are better able to get a handle on this mental disorder you suffer from. It is a confusing topic for many of us who don't have the struggles making decisions that you do with OCD.

Pray, continue to study the scriptures, and seek some help from those who are nearby who can help you.

I also with remember you in my prayers..

Jan 8, 2009
"By accident". If you have a mental disorder that is not you saying those things but the disorder. OCD if not caused by chemical/psychological issues, possibly demonic oppression putting voices into the head. Particularly if the voices are anti-Christ or anti-Christian. Therefore you cannot be blamed.

In the bible the people blaspheming were not Christians, they hated Christ and were against everything He stood for and did. They were his worst enemies, who eventually put him to death on the cross. They meant what they said, when they blasphemed, they did not do it by accident or without willful intent.
That is the kind of serious blasphemy that is an unforgiveable mortal sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.