Unity in sound doctrine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
To be in unity goes hand in hand with love.
And Jesus never told us to take a whip up or did I miss something.

Unity, one mind and accord, that Jesus is Lord, saved by grace not by works, Jesus is the lamb of God, live a Godly life as outlined by the apostles, foundation to our walk. Doctrinal simplicity. Anything against that truth challenge with love at heart that God will reveal that truth and remove the veil from their eyes, plugs from their ears and soften their heart to receive.

We all do and see things different :)
but alex you've just laid out required DOCTRINE:

"that Jesus is Lord, saved by grace not by works, Jesus is the lamb of God, live a Godly life as outlined by the apostles"

what happens when someone is teaching salvation by works (righteousness comes by The Law) in the myriad of forms it takes?
or that Jesus didn't really come in the flesh.
or that the apostles doctrine isn't authoritative since we have apostles today who are just as authoritative and they say something different (that scripture isn't sufficient and canon closed).

so already we have some problems....don't we? or do we?
does it matter?
if it doesn't we need to go back to Rome maybe.
zoney

zone

Jun 13, 2010
So it's a thread about lovers of the same doctrinal beliefs, ok as in cessationists. Well I do apologize, I believe Gods spirit is alive and well and doing what Jesus promised us He would do according His will.

Noahs day, everyone lived for themselves un godly lives, a testimony to what would happen to all that do. Noah abhorred evil and walked in righteousness according to God
wow.
well, this isn't my thread, and not my personal squabble (for a change:D), but fascinating that word made its way into this thread.

but i propose that the issue of cessationism and continuationism is one of the most serious issues DIVIDING the church today (causing disunity).
is there a serious reason for it?
what's really going on?
do the scriptures tells us? YES THEY DO!

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Gods doctrine as spoken by the prophets, the messiah, Jesus. Doctrine as laid out by the apostles, saved by grace, justified by faith, sanctified then glorified. Anything outside the foundation that doesn't support this is false doctrine.
is our Bible one page long? because though what you said is true, how do you then carry on and make a claim there is false doctrine?

what do we do about it when it comes (or when we ourselves are stuck?)

what is the foundation?
when was it laid?
is it continually laid?

where is knowable objective truth about God found?

The rest is interpretation of what God can and can't do during santification. Basic tenets is dividing law from grace, old from new and to walk a Godly life. Anything else is just religious interpretation of how to take a simple easy doctrine and turn it into do donts, follow me yada yada I have the truth doctrinal vomit which at best causes division at worst turns people away from Christ.
brother:
you make it sound so easy.

"Basic tenets is dividing law from grace, old from new and to walk a Godly life"

do you know what's being taught in churches today?
anything and everything, including a fusion or exchange of Grace for Law...didn't Paul say this belief causes one to fall from Grace? that Christ is no value to them? that sounds pretty serious. and that's just ONE false doctrine!

but the devil is subtle. its not a matter of just hearing Moses preached for salvation and saying hold on, where's the Cross....it's very carefully disguised. anyways. i personally LOVE all the stuff i can read about the church and church history and doctrine and all of it.

can't get enough myself (should i feel guilty? too much head knowledge?)

...but back to the basic tenets.....why are the people starving for even that? is it a lack of love? or a lack of sound doctrine.

same principle:

Amos 8:11
"The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD, "when I will send a famine through the land--not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD.

He did this because they turned away from the words of The Lord.
love zone.

C

Consumed

but alex you've just laid out required DOCTRINE:

"that Jesus is Lord, saved by grace not by works, Jesus is the lamb of God, live a Godly life as outlined by the apostles"

what happens when someone is teaching salvation by works (righteousness comes by The Law) in the myriad of forms it takes?
or that Jesus didn't really come in the flesh.
or that the apostles doctrine isn't authoritative since we have apostles today who are just as authoritative and they say something different (that scripture isn't sufficient and canon closed).

so already we have some problems....don't we? or do we?
does it matter?
if it doesn't we need to go back to Rome maybe.
zoney
Zone we've had problems over centuries with doctrines, going back to Rome is definately never going to help lol
You know my view on this, yes confront wrong teachings don't just do it under the guise of love but by true love in itself shown by and thru the holy spirit in us.

Everything leads us to the cross.anything that doesn't leads us away. But how can we point someone to the right path while we are beating them over the head for being on the wrong one, you really think they are listening then?? If we do that the moment they see us walls go up, truth stays out cause they are in self preserval mode. Yet with tender lovekindness and patience it's easier to share.

Seems I can't make myself clear on that point. Lol but even then, each to their own way of sharing the good news. Can't contemplate unity while causing division, people get divided over doctrine so much that instead of closing the divide we only make it wider when wr get emotional over it.

Love you zone, always prodding me(in a good way) on confronting what's right and wrong. We just have different ways of doing it lol 

C

Consumed

is our Bible one page long? because though what you said is true, how do you then carry on and make a claim there is false doctrine?

what do we do about it when it comes (or when we ourselves are stuck?)

what is the foundation?
when was it laid?
is it continually laid?

where is knowable objective truth about God found?

brother:
you make it sound so easy.

"Basic tenets is dividing law from grace, old from new and to walk a Godly life"

do you know what's being taught in churches today?
anything and everything, including a fusion or exchange of Grace for Law...didn't Paul say this belief causes one to fall from Grace? that Christ is no value to them? that sounds pretty serious. and that's just ONE false doctrine!

but the devil is subtle. its not a matter of just hearing Moses preached for salvation and saying hold on, where's the Cross....it's very carefully disguised. anyways. i personally LOVE all the stuff i can read about the church and church history and doctrine and all of it.

can't get enough myself (should i feel guilty? too much head knowledge?)

...but back to the basic tenets.....why are the people starving for even that? is it a lack of love? or a lack of sound doctrine.

same principle:

Amos 8:11
"The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD, "when I will send a famine through the land--not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD.

He did this because they turned away from the words of The Lord.

love zone.
O zone, for me it is abc Christianity. Look iv been kicked out of ministry for challenging false doctrine with abc christianity so please don't think I just roll over and look the other way to it. But to what I lost for what I gained can't be measured here on earth. I paid and pay dearly for doing so, God is good to me, always had been even when I thought He wasn't lol. You have no idea what iv been thru or how I went thru it but thruout it all I learnt alot more in my valleys than on my peaks.

Love you zone very much, you always bring a smile to my face whenever I see a post from you. 

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Love has doctrine. This thread isnt about love. Love is essential.
But without doctrine even Love would become dissimulated and sensual.

Satan has warred against doctrine since it was written. Its easy to scoff
at church history like it was all just idiots fighting because they liked it.

Men and woman gave their lives to preserve the word we have. Jesus
talked about the war. And today the war goes on.
oh this brings tears to my eyes.
this is so true it hurts.
talk about easy believism.

Jun 24, 2010
It is impossible to get to know what is on the mind and heart of Jesus Christ and what He thinks about us and how we are to live without having sound doctrine that comes from Him. What kind of stability in life would a child have without the instructions of their mother and father? Do we as parents give our children good sound doctrine to live by or do we let them find out for themselves with no instruction or good counsel. Where do you think they would end up without sound instruction and good counsel?

It is surprising how many believers have a distaste for sound doctrine and they never study the scriptures. They will read the scriptures but they never study them to really learn what God thinks in the details of life. They never become spiritually minded in the things of God and never get involved in the work of God that we have been ordained to participate in. Many believers remain carnal and consider themselves spiritual based upon the gifts and not upon the doctrine of Christ.

If believers want to know what Jesus Christ thought about doctrine and what He taught concerning it, all they would have to do is do a word study on doctrine. There is some (50) references in the scriptures and most of them are in the NT. Find out what other words relate to doctrine such as instruction, faith, counsel etc. Get the definition in both the OT and the NT and study the word in the context that you find it in scripture. See how it was used, who it was spoken to and how it was applied. Determine if it has a present application and use for us today and then obey the instructions that are given to you in the scriptures about the importance of doctrine.

Doctrine is not a bad word and because we find it in the scriptures we should learn all we can about it. God gives us good doctrine because He loves us and wants us to know what is in His mind and heart at all times. As we study this, the Holy Spirit will help give us understanding into the truth about doctrine and the mind of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Tim 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Zone we've had problems over centuries with doctrines, going back to Rome is definately never going to help lol
You know my view on this, yes confront wrong teachings don't just do it under the guise of love but by true love in itself shown by and thru the holy spirit in us.

Everything leads us to the cross.anything that doesn't leads us away. But how can we point someone to the right path while we are beating them over the head for being on the wrong one, you really think they are listening then?? If we do that the moment they see us walls go up, truth stays out cause they are in self preserval mode. Yet with tender lovekindness and patience it's easier to share.

Seems I can't make myself clear on that point. Lol but even then, each to their own way of sharing the good news. Can't contemplate unity while causing division, people get divided over doctrine so much that instead of closing the divide we only make it wider when wr get emotional over it.

Love you zone, always prodding me(in a good way) on confronting what's right and wrong. We just have different ways of doing it lol 
love you too alex.
you keep lovin on the christians (i do too but i guess it doesn't show)
let's both tell the lost about Jesus....
and i'll keep beating the wolves over the head hoping they run off.
someone channeling a spirit calling itself Jesus who beats the sheep aint my friend.
sound fair?
zone.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
O zone, for me it is abc Christianity. Look iv been kicked out of ministry for challenging false doctrine with abc christianity so please don't think I just roll over and look the other way to it. But to what I lost for what I gained can't be measured here on earth. I paid and pay dearly for doing so, God is good to me, always had been even when I thought He wasn't lol. You have no idea what iv been thru or how I went thru it but thruout it all I learnt alot more in my valleys than on my peaks.

Love you zone very much, you always bring a smile to my face whenever I see a post from you. 
and isn't it the truth for each of us.
i reckon i haven't slept a full night since i got saved (8 years)....i keep getting up in the night because i'm hungry.
40 years is a long time to stagger in the wilderness.
love zonest.

C

Consumed

love you too alex.
you keep lovin on the christians (i do too but i guess it doesn't show)
let's both tell the lost about Jesus....
and i'll keep beating the wolves over the head hoping they run off.
someone channeling a spirit calling itself Jesus who beats the sheep aint my friend.
sound fair?
zone.
Sounds great, if they circle you know I'll come to you by your side. 

A

Abiding

Really I think there is 2 types of unity
man made unity, forcing compliance
and the real one that brings us together
by the attraction of truth, holds us together
because we have the Spirit of truth.
1 Cor13:6b love rejoices in the truth

C