Unpopular Christmas opinions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
So let me start by saying this is for FUN I do not need the Christmas is pagan stuff just unpopular opinions or funny things your family does on Christmas:) For one I like Fruit Cake and my family hides a plastic pickle in the tree and whoever finds it gets an extra gift.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Christmas is pagan!!

Sorry Brandon, just had to do it.. lol

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Nobody likes getting fruit cake for Christmas. That's why they re-gift it year after year to someone else.. lol

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I like homemade fruit cake.......the one I make........I call it the "Black and Blue Cake."

Take a white cake mix........Duncan Hines
mix it all up real good.......
add some fresh Blackberries and Blueberries
use two 8 1/2 " pans
when it comes outta da oven, I top the first layer with Cream Cheese Icing, add some fresh Black n Blue berries
put on the top layer, ice it and add more Black n Blueberries.......

It's really, really good.......

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
So let me start by saying this is for FUN I do not need the Christmas is pagan stuff just unpopular opinions or funny things your family does on Christmas:) For one I like Fruit Cake and my family hides a plastic pickle in the tree and whoever finds it gets an extra gift.
Same. But we always let my daughter find it. :)

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
Nobody likes getting fruit cake for Christmas. That's why they re-gift it year after year to someone else.. lol
My daughter is 12. She's always liked it. She even brings it to school in her lunch. :) Lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Some scientists with too much time on their hands took to carbon-dating fruitcakes that had been "regifted." They found out the average age of regifted fruitcakes is nine years or so. People just keep boxing them up and shipping them out to a new home the next year.

They also discovered the shelf life of fruitcake is longer than the life of the shelf. :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If we want to start an argument, we need to mention eggnog. After fruitcake there is no more divisive topic than eggnog. Some love it, some hate it, each side thinks the other side is crazy.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
If we want to start an argument, we need to mention eggnog. After fruitcake there is no more divisive topic than eggnog. Some love it, some hate it, each side thinks the other side is crazy.
I love it!! Go figure :sneaky::coffee::coffee:

M

Miri

My fruit cake is legendary.

It starts off by soaking all the dried fruit in rum or sherry
overnight.........

👍

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Then the next morning you bake the cake. While it is baking you drink the rum or sherry. By the time the cake is done you are feeling good and the cake is wonderful. =^.^=

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Then the next morning you bake the cake. While it is baking you drink the rum or sherry. By the time the cake is done you are feeling good and the cake is wonderful. =^.^=
I wonder if Tennessee whisky would make it taste as good. :unsure:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
We will never know.
"I traded Tennessee whisky / For Calvary's dream / The night old Jack Daniels / Met John 3:16"

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
you do, you end up like dis

elephanbt4.jpg