it's nice to hear you vacation here & there. you have established unforgettable memories. no, not retired but half retired. a year or so ago, i sold a portion of my landscape business. i work around 2 to 3 days a week at it. the other time is spent on antiques, gold & silver coins, playing drums, jamming with some musicians, sightseeing with my wife, exploring the adirondacks finally, gourmet dining, attending sales, museums & much more. we vacation every winter, st. thomas just recently, but my wife is vacationing two more times. i was originally going to go on 1 of them but backed out, had enough til next year which is Hawaii.Would love to have a vacay in Hawaii. I had one in Cook Islands which is close enough and was lovely, spent 5 days there. Went with a friend who's family is from there.
I went on a cruise around my country and also Australia and back, that one was 14 days on my own. I had dinner companions though and got to know a lot of Australians and also retired people lol. I liked having a cabin to myself, the only thing I didn't like was I got seasick the first 4 days! I won a prize in the hula hoop contest.
I would go back to Cook Islands if I get the chance...and maybe go on a cruise with friends but I would have to get a cabin more in the centre of the ship to avoid sea sickness.
Are you retired?