Valentine’s day

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

vidaluvv7

Aug 6, 2018
For my fellow courting christian’s. Do you celebrate valentine’s day in a Godly way? Does it matter to you? Should the man you are courting show you his love for you on that day? and if not would you be offended?

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
This is an interesting question! I don't have anyone to celebrate Valentine's with lol but I consider it a pagan holiday anyway so not really big on that one... However... I guess if I was with someone and if they wanted to do something special on this day, I don't think I'd be offended, on the contrary, I think I'd be touched. But, I am not 100% sure since I've never really been in that situation before.

What about you?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Im not into it as its a pagan hokiday but I cant stop my fiance from showering me with gifts anyway.
I just dont like this pressure of needing to get something cause it would be rude if I didnt. But its cute

Jan 25, 2015
This is a hotly debated topic but there are reasons I don't celebrate this day. It actually was a very vulgar holiday and women were abused on this day... very sad state of affairs. I respect my wife and any other women for that matter and that is why I don't buy into this nonsense.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Just my opinion, whether pagan or not, it symbolizes relationships to some of us. Last night at a ladies Bible meet, the leader passed out carnations to us all. I was always thrilled to get a bouquet of roses from a hubby or loved one. There can be a positive side to this day and even though it's commercialized, it helps business'.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Im not into it as its a pagan hokiday but I cant stop my fiance from showering me with gifts anyway.
I just dont like this pressure of needing to get something cause it would be rude if I didnt. But its cute
Instead of Valentines Day, I’m more in favor of a holiday called “I Tolerate You”
Just kidding!

Oct 12, 2012
For my fellow courting christian’s. Do you celebrate valentine’s day in a Godly way? Does it matter to you? Should the man you are courting show you his love for you on that day? and if not would you be offended?
It's the holiday of a satanic beast; a lover of pleasure more than a lover of God! Little Cupid/half goat half man??👀🤕 How do you celebrate that in a godly way? Sorry, I'm just talking out loud.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
No matter what day it is, I want to show love and kindness to everyone.

Feb 26, 2020
Cali
I dont think its a pagan holiday ncessarily but i do think its dumb. I mean if you really look through all the trouble most people go through and waste money on it. Its truly sad and i think most people us it to get sex on that particular day to be honest.