Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescatarian or Omnivore?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 15, 2019
Durban
Does abstinence from meat make you healthier?
Do you refrain from meat but eat only seafood.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
I'm Lacto-Vegetarian. Screenshot_20190829-185527.jpg

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I am unable to eat most veggies. The bottom of the food pyramid does not like me. I even have a lettuce allergy! Go figure. I respect your choices.

L

LittleMermaid

I'm more of a carnivore actually. Keto life!
I have lost more weight doing keto than any other diet. I also feel full and satisfied. Sugar is like a drug to me. It's best I stay away from it. At the moment, I'm not eating anything that tastes sweet, even berries which is something allowed on keto. I just rather not.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
There isn't much I refuse to eat. I'll eat fruits, veggies, meats, dairys, sugars, etc, etc, etc...

For a Pentecostal, my diet is very catholic.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
The Mediterranean diet is still the best diet because it is a balanced diet. I eat more plant based whole foods and sea food rich in omega 3. I eat less meat. I avoid added sugar and processed food.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well the book I'm currently reading says processed food makes you fat and natural whole food makes you skinny. Had some good success with low carb a few years ago so I'm kind of moving toward a more whole food low carb diet. Which meant burgers and potatoless bubble and squeak this week and next week looks like pork chops and taco salads. I eat pretty well so I can't complain.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The Mediterranean diet is still the best diet because it is a balanced diet. I eat more plant based whole foods and sea food rich in omega 3. I eat less meat. I avoid added sugar and processed food.
Oh yeah, Grecian potato salad is the BEST potato salad! :cool:

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Been and off and on Vegetarian during my life time....with eggs and dairy. Currently a meat eater but will still do meat substitutes as I like some of them.

Balanced diets are probably the best for us and as long as you are getting healthy proteins vegetarian is probably a better choice. If we grew our own meat and knew how the animals were treated and what they ate would probably be better also....

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hmm, meat substitutes... I'm reminded of a line from a cartoon my brother was watching one time.

"Try a soy-dog? Bet you can't tell the difference!"

"I respect your decision to not eat real meat. Please respect my decision to not eat imitation meat."

S

Stranger36147

Pescatarian?

Don't know if I've ever seen that word before.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I am omnivore but I do not like fish or seafood. I just don't like that fishy flavour but I will eat prawns if they don't have the fishy flavour. I don't know what to call that, maybe weird!:LOL:

Jan 15, 2019
Durban
I'm more of a carnivore actually. Keto life!
I have lost more weight doing keto than any other diet. I also feel full and satisfied. Sugar is like a drug to me. It's best I stay away from it. At the moment, I'm not eating anything that tastes sweet, even berries which is something allowed on keto. I just rather not.
Omw. I know what u mean! I have a sweet tooth also. If I ever over indulge, it tends to show on my body unfortunately. I develop acne, it's so unfair!

Jan 15, 2019
Durban
That's great advice! Thank u so much!

Jan 15, 2019
Durban
Well the book I'm currently reading says processed food makes you fat and natural whole food makes you skinny. Had some good success with low carb a few years ago so I'm kind of moving toward a more whole food low carb diet. Which meant burgers and potatoless bubble and squeak this week and next week looks like pork chops and taco salads. I eat pretty well so I can't complain.
That's very encouraging and sound advice. Keep up the good work!

Jan 15, 2019
Durban
I am omnivore but I do not like fish or seafood. I just don't like that fishy flavour but I will eat prawns if they don't have the fishy flavour. I don't know what to call that, maybe weird!:LOL:
Haha, fishyless prawn flavor. 😁

Jan 15, 2019
Durban
Hmm, meat substitutes... I'm reminded of a line from a cartoon my brother was watching one time.

"Try a soy-dog? Bet you can't tell the difference!"

"I respect your decision to not eat real meat. Please respect my decision to not eat imitation meat."
I do it soya products. 100%, I don't have anything against anyone with regards to their dietary choices. I've eaten meat for the most part of my life...