Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescatarian or Omnivore?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Chinese diet...eat anything with four legs thats not a table.

I am partial to seafood.

I prefer organic and free range over processed. But if Im really hungry am not fussy. Except I avoid sugar. Am a salty tooth not a sweet.

I dont think I could keep kosher and not ever have lasagna or crayfish. I dont like pork that much though and could live without it.

I personally think christians ought to fast more and set an example by not being gluttonous. Its not healthy to be a glutton. You dont have to make a show of fasting, but just say no thanks.

Some church morning teas are really bad. Ive been to a few where its nothing but cakes and lollies.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I am an omnivore. My body did not like vegetarian or vegan diet, which I tried for ethical reasons, and why not since I prefer plant foods anyway? Well then my iron gets so low that I lose sense of balance and I felt like I was sinking while sitting or lying down, in spite of liking plant foods that are high in iron, and supplementing. My constitution simply needs meat to absorb enough iron. Since then give my thanks to God and the animal that gave life for me, and eat meat. I do not believe in "diets" and religiously fanatic followers of diets who think their diet is "the way" or something. Rather everybody needs to figure out what is the best for their constitution. (Obviously cookies and french fries will not fit the bill.)
I do intermittent fasting lately. Usually will eat one meal a day. It actually enables you to digest what you do eat better and the body has the time to repair and detox... My family was questioning it, but dropped it when they saw how my skin cleared up and other things. I do not count this as fasting since it's for health reasons. I believe we should also fast as led.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I have a seasonal whole foods diet. It isn’t based on consumption of certain foods. I was influenced by Weston Price’s research on indigenous diets and the health challenges that followed when it changed. It was his consensus our bodies are predisposed to favor the foods frequently eaten in our culture (ethnic) and location.

I’ve found the same holds true for myself. While I appreciate many cuisines, my body is naturally pleased and sated by French dishes. In response, I prepare my meals with that in mind and make taste the primary consideration when I’m eating.

I purchase farmer direct whenever possible and frequent smaller specialty stores. I make my own condiments and sauces, practice canning and preserving, and procure my herbs and spices from a local merchant. I make my own baked goods or get them from a bakery that uses natural yeast.

Most of all, I aim to eat things in their original state. I avoid fat free, processed, and similar items. Organic food is my preference and I do the same with other items in my home. I have an eco-friendly lifestyle.

Feb 21, 2020
I choose the plant based diet many years ago and it's just part of my lifestyle and I enjoy it. It was the diet advocated by God when he created human beings. It was only after the flood when all the vegetation was destroyed that people began to eat animals. Once they got to enjoy the taste of animal flesh they kept eating it and affected their longevity. We read how long people lived before the flood and then after the flood with the change diet which drastically shortened their lifespan. If we now see how animals are raised we would think twice about eating them. However, we all have the freedom to choose. We have the example of Daniel and his three friends in the Bible who chose the plant based diet instead of the rich foods of the King. They were blessed with health, strength and with wisdom far above all the others who ate at the Kings table. We have such a variety of foods from which to choose, so choose wisely. Be happy with your choice and stay healthy.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I choose the plant based diet many years ago and it's just part of my lifestyle and I enjoy it. It was the diet advocated by God when he created human beings. It was only after the flood when all the vegetation was destroyed that people began to eat animals. Once they got to enjoy the taste of animal flesh they kept eating it and affected their longevity. We read how long people lived before the flood and then after the flood with the change diet which drastically shortened their lifespan. If we now see how animals are raised we would think twice about eating them. However, we all have the freedom to choose. We have the example of Daniel and his three friends in the Bible who chose the plant based diet instead of the rich foods of the King. They were blessed with health, strength and with wisdom far above all the others who ate at the Kings table. We have such a variety of foods from which to choose, so choose wisely. Be happy with your choice and stay healthy.

I'm guessing your S.D.A.. I went vegan from hearing the same things from the church, among other things. Such as health and cost savings. There are many benefits to eating vegan, such as living longer on average.

Feb 21, 2020
I'm guessing your S.D.A.. I went vegan from hearing the same things from the church, among other things. Such as health and cost savings. There are many benefits to eating vegan, such as living longer on average.

[/QUOTE
Lovely picture of healthy foods. No animals all huddled together and being force fed, with growth hormones so that they can be fattened up faster and sent to market to be slaughtered for food. Our taste buds have got the better of us and has to be satisfied with the things we like. The majority of people like their meat and will continue to eat meat even thought the plant based diet is better for them. Many are now including lots of veggies and fruits, and cutting down on eating too much meat. If we want to feed the starving people of the world we need to cut down on animal production and grow more of the staples that we need. It will eventually come when it becomes a matter of life or death of the people on our planet. Until then we can love our neighbours and live a life of example.

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
I was a vegetarian for about 10 years or so, but actually started eating meat again when I came to the Lord.

Oddly enough, I know the opposite happens for some people -- they stop eating meat when they come to the Lord.

I'm not sure why that is. I just know that I wasn't healthy and my body needed (and still needs) some meat from time to time in order to function optimally. I am not a big meat-eater though, and can go without for long periods of time. I love chicken, though.

Not a fan of seafood, although shrimp can be OK, and certain fish if cooked well.