Very telling...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Jesus said it's man's responsibility to abode IN HIM (John 15)

Gal 6:7,8 tells us that WE are the ones either sowing to the Spirit reaping life, or sowing to the flesh reaping corruption. Lots more God's Word has to say about this...

Just because you believe the false doctrine of OSAS saved does NOT mean everyone is suffering from acute Cherry Pickers Syndrome (CPS) which leads people to reject the whole counsel of God. View attachment 257301
Abode? You mean abide? To abide simply means to remain, not depart, continue to be present and is the demonstrative evidence that we have a vital connection with Christ as the vine.

Strong's #3306 - μένω - Old & New Testament Greek Lexical Dictionary - StudyLight.org
John 15 - Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament - Bible Commentaries - StudyLight.org

1 John 4:13 - By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

In regard to Galatians 6:7-8, the one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, flesh which is opposed to God and unrenewed by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life here is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

Only believers sow to the Spirit and from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Romans 8:8 - So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Just because you suffer from a severe case of anti-OSAS derangement syndrome and cherry pickers syndrome does not mean that the rest of us who don't reject the whole counsel of God. I see right through your eisegesis, straw man arguments and childish trolling tactics.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I still believe it is anticalvinism.

They can not admit that anything that a calvinist believes is real.. they must reject all of it..

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
if you have to admit that they got one thing right. you have to admit maybe they got other stuff right too.

It goes for both sides..

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well... Jesus doesn't appreciate music that was created as an offering to the devil which is what secular music is.
Are you really claiming that any music that is not specifically Christian - aka secular music - is ALL created as an offering to the devil?

Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles
And warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages
Tied up with strings
These are a few
Of my favorite things

Find one single offering to the devil in all the lyrics of all the songs in The Sound of Music. Just one. Go ahead, I'll wait. I still got three days of vacation to whittle away.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Are you really claiming that any music that is not specifically Christian - aka secular music - is ALL created as an offering to the devil?

Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles
And warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages
Tied up with strings
These are a few
Of my favorite things

Find one single offering to the devil in all the lyrics of all the songs in The Sound of Music. Just one. Go ahead, I'll wait. I still got three days of vacation to whittle away.
Maybe he's a dog person and believes as the medievals did: that cats are evil and of the devil.

Unfortunately because of beliefs like that, the plague took more lives than it may have otherwise...

Sep 28, 2023
If it's not with Jesus... it's against Him and will not be found in His Kingdom throughout all eternity.

Because, it's not created to lift up the Lord and to glorify the Father... therefore, it is not acceptible unto the Lord even if some people claim it is..

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If it's not with Jesus... it's against Him and will not be found in His Kingdom throughout all eternity.

Because, it's not created to lift up the Lord and to glorify the Father... therefore, it is not acceptible unto the Lord even if some people claim it is..
Better not watch even a single TV show. They all have their little tunes, and nothing about God in any of it.

Shoot, who knew Reading Rainbow was so diabolical? :eek:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
As recorded in Mark 9:40, Jesus says, "for whoever is not against us is for us. "

Again, your ignorance of Scripture is your undoing.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ

Hey Jim-may! What about movies, huh? You haven't touched on those. Imagine all the Christians going to Hell for watching The Avengers. Maybe Jimmy will be the only sheep on Judgment Day...

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Hey Jim-may! What about movies, huh? You haven't touched on those. Imagine all the Christians going to Hell for watching The Avengers. Maybe Jimmy will be the only sheep on Judgment Day...
Whoah is me .

I watched the Equalizer staring Denzel......
and EVEN prayed for a part two.
Denzel and his director decided to do something that both had decided they would never do...

They repented and decided to go and make a part 2.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018

You claim your pic lifts up and glorifies the Lord? I not seeing Jesus in it, at all👼

Dec 24, 2022
UK
So, what sort of a world would a jimmy world look like?

would we no longer have instruments if someone got caught playing led zep on their gee tar?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Whoah is me .

I watched the Equalizer staring Denzel......
and EVEN prayed for a part two.
Denzel and his director decided to do something that both had decided they would never do...

They repented and decided to go and make a part 2.
How... darrrrre youuu....

(Awesome movie, BTW.. I wanted to be Denzel in that movie.)

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
How... darrrrre youuu....

(Awesome movie, BTW.. I wanted to be Denzel in that movie.)
There were a lot of parallels that I connected with in the first two movies. One was the choreography. The martial arts scenes were the same as I taught in my system.

Another thing that I liked was that his character was clearly a virtuous hero. The villains were believable and based on reality, which helped provide Denzel plenty of opportunities to work off of. The big guy and the prostitute in #1 were written into the script with amazing support. You as a writer can probably appreciate that script.
I was thinking about starting a thread on the movie, but doubt if enough interest or people who saw it. I don't think #3 was hardly advertised, but not sure since I have ad block and don't watch TV....almost Amish.
Lol

Did you see Equalizer 3?