VIRTUAL DATE NIGHT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That is mutually contradictory with the "silent" part. If I make noise she gets scared off and I don't find out what kind of strudel it is.
Whatever kind it was I am sure that she baked it with love. Icing is probably yummy too.

Aug 11, 2020
I picture this scenario.
Nervously the applicant for the C.C. dating show edges her way onto the stage and sits awkwardly in the wobbly, folding metal chair. "Hello, my name is, well it says it on the form and my name tag, ha ha." There is no response. She clears her throat and begins again. "I guess I'm here to see if there is someone out there who loves the Lord, and has a sense of humour. What? No I don't mean a sense of humour about loving the Lord. Those are two separate things. I mean that this person would have the ability to see the absurd, the miraculous, and the beautiful in life." More silence. She shifts uncomfortably. "What's that? No I don't want to talk politics, or debate theology. Sorry? No, I mean I do love exploring the scripture but rather than try and score points I'd rather talk with God, admire his handiwork by walking in nature. Pardon? Yes politics is important but I'm Canadian. Yes I'm sorry. Why? I don't know, it is just something we do." She tries to block the glare of the lights and see who is sitting in the seats. It is so quiet. She crosses and uncrosses her legs and knocks over her water bottle in the process. She watches it roll along the stage and drop over the edge.
The silence stretches on. "Right. I think maybe I'll go home and bake some strudel shall I?" She gestures to the exit. I'll just see myself out" She retrieves her purse from the floor and tries unsuccessfully to make a dignified exit. Her coat sleeve is stuck in the chair. Rather than stay there and struggle she drags her coat and chair off stage. Sadly, this was one of her better Friday nights.
The end
Talk about giving up before you even start.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Talk about giving up before you even start.
Maybe not because the story has not ended yet. I was not the one that was giving her the standing ovation but I admire her courage for getting up on the stage. She certainly does not have stage fright. Probably makes a scrumptious strudel too. It has been said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I believe that there is an element of truth to that claim.

Aug 11, 2020
Maybe not because the story has not ended yet. I was not the one that was giving her the standing ovation but I admire her courage for getting up on the stage. She certainly does not have stage fright. Probably makes a scrumptious strudel too. It has been said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I believe that there is an element of truth to that claim.
But starting the story and ending it before anyone could even have any input? By the time people stood up in the audience, THE END was already written.

I can't say I relate to the way to a man's heart being through his stomach. I can get by on my own in the kitchen, and I'm not looking for someone to cook for me.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
The end... of the audition but not the night because while she was making her way off the stage one gentleman stood up and gave her a standing ovation. At least there was one person that got where she was coming from. Maybe he was he one. Or maybe not. At least he was smiling while he was looking at her in a humorous sort of way. Suddenly, the fire alarm went off.
You are the best Tourist.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
It IS kind of funny...

Maybe a lot of us are so afraid of rejection right off the bat that we won't even lead the horse on up to the gate. 🐴

Probably because everyone is really looking for a unicorn. 🦄
Well nothing to report on about a virtual date or any other type of date for that matter.

But there certainly is that fear of rejection. Then there are circumstances of life and how one is attached to them.

And as seoulsearch said, distance. If one was to meet someone...distance is certainly an issue.

And I ain't looking for a unicorn! What on earth would I do with a unicorn?

And one other thing.
When I was married I knew what my job was. I knew where my wife and I stood with each other. This whole game of trying to figure out the dating maze...bleh.

And tourist, I don't know why no one has reprimanded you yet about this...it's not a dating site!😝🤣😂😁

Oct 7, 2014
Tourist, you, Bartholomew and I have tried to stir things up in the Single's Forum with minimal results. We know there have been many posts from both sexes who would like to meet their match. What I'm thinking is maybe all the stuff going on right now is putting a damper on the romantical side of life?
Hey, trying is still better than doing nothing , eh?

Oct 7, 2014
I should've perhaps put a disclaimer in huge letters saying "this is all in the spirit of good fun" ....but I digest...

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
It's funny how the 'dating' threads are turning into food and drink threads:ROFL:.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
But starting the story and ending it before anyone could even have any input? By the time people stood up in the audience, THE END was already written.

I can't say I relate to the way to a man's heart being through his stomach. I can get by on my own in the kitchen, and I'm not looking for someone to cook for me.
I wasn't looking for someone to cook for me either but I do enjoy and appreciate my wife cooking meals for me prepared with love in her heart. As far as the ending is concerned it is really hard to say how the entire story played out as there are still pages to be written. Only one person, a man, stood up though. He must have something in her that moved him in a certain way.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
He was serious about checking out the strudel though. Yes, he has a humorous side to him as well but not when comes down to food. :)
Only about real food. Fast "food" I will make jokes about all day, because the whole fast food industry is one big joke. :p But yes, I am always totally serious about real food... like homemade strudel.

So what kind of strudel is this, anyway? I notice she never told. The most important factor, the strudel, and... just like a woman, she is being cagey about the only thing that matters in the whole story.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
And tourist, I don't know why no one has reprimanded you yet about this...it's not a dating site!😝🤣😂😁
My first reprimand was shortly after I joined the site - the mantra was 'This is not a dating site". I guess that I didn't take that all that serious seeing how I actually married a member of this site.

You are right about dating being a maze that you have to navigate through but dating is the process of separating the wheat from the chaff. My take on dating is to never date someone that you would not consider marrying.

I will say that entering into a relationship that may lead to marriage is a most serious endeavor. It is very much a calculated risk but if one is inclined to do so eventually you have to let the dice fly and take your chances on how they roll. Really, it's all in the wrist (risk).

"Who knows how much further we'll go on?
Maybe I'll be sorry when you're gone.
I'll take my chances,
I forgot how nice romance is,

I haven't been there for the longest time."

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Only about real food. Fast "food" I will make jokes about all day, because the whole fast food industry is one big joke. :p But yes, I am always totally serious about real food... like homemade strudel.

So what kind of strudel is this, anyway? I notice she never told. The most important factor, the strudel, and... just like a woman, she is being cagey about the only thing that matters in the whole story.
Cagey is a euphemism for intriguing. Now, let's get serious - the strudel. Personally, although I'm trending towards raspberry filling I'm also wondering about the icing. Speaking of fast food, today is take-out Tuesday and I'm trending towards a Big Mac, supersize fries and a strawberry shake topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Seriously. No joke. :)