VIRTUAL DATE NIGHT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It's funny how the 'dating' threads are turning into food and drink threads:ROFL:.
When I was single I ate to survive but now that I'm married I eat to thrive. There is an element of truth to what you said, because, as I have said many times, I come to the Singles forum mostly for the coffee and donuts. :)

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Quite possibly. It's been on my mind as well. The only treats in the house are mini-bags of pretzels. I need something more substantial and satisfying. :)
How about this chocolate pudding

Jan 25, 2015
It IS kind of funny...

Maybe a lot of us are so afraid of rejection right off the bat that we won't even lead the horse on up to the gate. 🐴

Probably because everyone is really looking for a unicorn. 🦄
Is this your unicorn?

or maybe

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
From the jungle room I could hear my wife telling me that she is going to get a movie going on NetFlix. Probably a chick flick. As for myself, I'm still waiting in the jungle room.
Having been banished to the jungle room I really don't know if JesusLives rolled a 5 or an 8, all I know is that I am waiting no longer. About that jungle room - yeah, it's exotic and well worth the cost of admission.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I should've perhaps put a disclaimer in huge letters saying "this is all in the spirit of good fun" ....but I digest...
Lol. I got it and responded with, hopefully, a bit of humour. Now I need to go check on my baking. Today it is cheesecake brownies.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
How about this chocolate pudding

A lava cake. Yes. We must rebel against a world offering us instant pudding. There is so much more people! That's right. Lace your banana bread with ribbons of chocolate. Make that Christmas bark with cranberries and nuts. We will no longer accept carob as a substitute (unless you like carob, then go for it). Yes. We will have flaky pie crusts with fillings that have three types of apples, or fresh peaches. That's right. No cardboard crusts. We will use actual lemon zest in our lemon pies. We will make our strudels in long sheets, in small squares or long sticks (or apple perishky as we say in the Mennonite cooking circles. Get yourselves a copy of "Food That Really Schmecks".) Whew! It is getting too hot in the kitchen. Time for some lemonade.
Note re:strudel. It is apple. I use Macintosh and Granny Smiths and maybe one other type depending what is at the market. The crust is given a light egg wash to slightly brown the edges and the little cut outs of leaves for decoration. There are vent slit to allow for the bubbling up of the cinnamon sugar. Once it has cooled slightly it is drizzled with a light icing. For the smaller square ones the dough is rolled out and cut into squares. They are filled and the opposite corners are pinched together and then the seams are sealed. The seams face upwards. These do not have icing but they are an anticipated treat in the fall and at Christmas.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Good luck....
Not sure about the chocolate pud.
at work we had a birthday morning tea for a lady that turned sixty five.
she got flowers and two cakes with ice cream

The other female teachers were like..,I shouldnt eat this cake, But they did anyway.

I know if the birthday was for a man, he wouldnt REALLY want a cake. He would be after sausages or a meat pie or won tons.

I have this lady come into the shop trying to bribe my male boss with muffins and cakes. I am not sure what her game is, he takes some to be polite but even though they are quite yummy he confesses to me he doesnt really like all this baking.
But if she baked him a bacon and egg pie or shepherd pie he would probably ask her to come to the shop everyday.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Good luck....
Not sure about the chocolate pud.
at work we had a birthday morning tea for a lady that turned sixty five.
she got flowers and two cakes with ice cream

The other female teachers were like..,I shouldnt eat this cake, But they did anyway.

I know if the birthday was for a man, he wouldnt REALLY want a cake. He would be after sausages or a meat pie or won tons.

I have this lady come into the shop trying to bribe my male boss with muffins and cakes. I am not sure what her game is, he takes some to be polite but even though they are quite yummy he confesses to me he doesnt really like all this baking.
But if she baked him a bacon and egg pie or shepherd pie he would probably ask her to come to the shop everyday.
She is obviously a serious player. She is probably brushing up on bacon and egg pie recipes. I had a breakfast bacon and egg sandwich from Walmart this morning but i recommend that she bake from scratch.