VIRTUAL DATE NIGHT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 11, 2020
I'd love to hear about the driving class. The person that noticed I was sitting in the star's seat was the star himself. I jumped up, holding on to my cardigan and when it did come with me I tripped. He was so gracious and I quickly retreated into the crowd, lol. I wish that that had been the last time I exhibited a distinct lack of coordination but, well, I'll save those stories for later.
I am so impressed that you looked up strudel. I have a heritage that demands that holidays have the tables laden with food, and a good portion of that is baking. Strudel is one of those things that is best on the day it is made. I hope you have the chance to indulge.
I took refresher driving lessons. I was really nervous. The teacher got impatient and told me to start the car. There was a huge whirring sound and he looked at me with a "What are you doing?" look! He said, "That's not the brake! That's the gas!" He almost threw me out right then and there. Then he talked down to me like I didn't know the basics, like what a red light is.

It happens. Life would be boring if everything happened according to plan. Sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth when I open it.

Strudels are from Austria, according to Wikipedia. That reminds me. I was going to take a big solo trip to Europe this year. But the pandemic changed my plans. I really want to see the world. My restlessness is getting to me. But maybe in 2021. But who knows what will happen. Only the Lord does.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I took refresher driving lessons. I was really nervous. The teacher got impatient and told me to start the car. There was a huge whirring sound and he looked at me with a "What are you doing?" look! He said, "That's not the brake! That's the gas!" He almost threw me out right then and there. Then he talked down to me like I didn't know the basics, like what a red light is.

It happens. Life would be boring if everything happened according to plan. Sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth when I open it.

Strudels are from Austria, according to Wikipedia. That reminds me. I was going to take a big solo trip to Europe this year. But the pandemic changed my plans. I really want to see the world. My restlessness is getting to me. But maybe in 2021. But who knows what will happen. Only the Lord does.
Oh my, doing something like that would have had me so flustered I might throw myself out of the car, just kidding. You described it well. I can see his face. I also have the occasional bout of foot in mouth syndrome. Ah well, we mean only good things, yes?
I love traveling and some of my best stories come from walking right into things. Off and on for four years I traveled to Turkey and narrowly avoided all sorts of trouble but I loved it. I love the different cultures, food, art and music. Four days in I found myself on the rooftop of a carpet shop having a midnight bbq with Turks, Kurds and tourists. We overlooked the Blue Mosque and watched the birds fly around the minarets. I felt so alive. I think the best part of travel is you meet people bare faced. Here I might introduce myself by sharing what I did for work, where I go to church and then identify myself by mentioning my friends and family. When you travel, you see yourself as strangers see you. No credit or deficit is attached to your character other than what you behave and the attitude of your heart. They see you. On the rooftop talked about flying carpets, history, food and family. The men danced and the oldest person in the group was accorded the most respect. I learned so much from my time there.
I really miss traveling. I miss who I am when I have to face a new place or challenge. I've made friends for life and I'm so grateful for that.
I wish so much that you get your trip. If you are in Turkey, visiting Ephesus and Cappadocia, overwhelm you with the reality of the New Testament. Being in the underground cities was amazing. I hope you get to see and so much more, Lord willing.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
She is obviously a serious player. She is probably brushing up on bacon and egg pie recipes. I had a breakfast bacon and egg sandwich from Walmart this morning but i recommend that she bake from scratch.
haha shes married and hes taken
I do know shes a gambler though cos she tried to borrow money off him and he asked her what for and she said lotto tickets.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
haha shes married and hes taken
I do know shes a gambler though cos she tried to borrow money off him and he asked her what for and she said lotto tickets.
Sounds like a lose / lose proposition. I love bacon and eggs though (not from her).

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have learned from observing others that if you complain too much about how hard it is to gain weight, you will earn the ire of a LOT of women... and some men too, though they won't be as vocal about it.
From my own experience I have found what you said to be true. Some seem to be envious of my metabolism as I can eat anything I want, as much as I want, any time I want and still will not gain weight. Hopefully, I won't be earning any ire. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Very true good sir. Myself, I am a very visual thinker. When I pictured the idea of a putting myself out there, it felt like an audition. Then the scenario entered my mind and I had a bit of a giggle. I've done a little stage work, and with the glare of the lights you can't, for the most part, see the audience. I have, when I was doing background extra work for a show, accidentally sat in the wrong seat. It belonged to one of the actors. I was mortified so I tried to jump up and got pulled back by my cardigan, which had gotten stuck in the hinges. Oh yes, such a dignified moment, lol.
My philosophy is that life gives you great memories or great stories, so most of it is a win/win. I love humour and am comfortable in my own skin. Asking if someone would care to have a virtual date is a fair way out of my wheelhouse. For now I'm happy to celebrate, encourage, console and share thoughts with the good people I meet here. I've even learned how to make a great loaf of sourdough bread. Who can ask for more than that? :)
Homemade sourdough bread is the bread of choice on this thread.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
How did that go? Did anyone notice you were in the wrong seat? Or when your cardigan got stuck? You could say it was part of the act. They slid in a little bit of last minute script revisions to spice up the show.

Did I ever mention the time I learned how to drive? I don't think you can beat that in terms of embarassment. That was even when I was taking a refresher course since I hadn't driven in almost a decade.

Yep. You can learn new things all the time. I learned what a Strudel is. I was curious enough to read about it on Wikipedia. For some reason, I thought of it as those cinnamon things you put in the toaster.
That is usually how I do strudel, you pop 'em in the toaster and when they pop you squeeze the little glaze packets over the top. I have never had homemade strudel but from what I have read on this thread it sound delicious.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Hopefully, the Lord will be planning your traveling itinerary for your travels. I love to travel but all of my travel is in the lower 48. Would like to go to Alaska and Hawaii. My wife went to Hawaii in 2008 as part of a wedding party. Stayed for 2 interesting weeks. On the way back the plane stopped in Los Angeles. While sitting in the terminal waiting for a connecting flight to Tampa there was an earthquake. Very memorable trip for sure.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Oh my, doing something like that would have had me so flustered I might throw myself out of the car, just kidding. You described it well. I can see his face. I also have the occasional bout of foot in mouth syndrome. Ah well, we mean only good things, yes?
I love traveling and some of my best stories come from walking right into things. Off and on for four years I traveled to Turkey and narrowly avoided all sorts of trouble but I loved it. I love the different cultures, food, art and music. Four days in I found myself on the rooftop of a carpet shop having a midnight bbq with Turks, Kurds and tourists. We overlooked the Blue Mosque and watched the birds fly around the minarets. I felt so alive. I think the best part of travel is you meet people bare faced. Here I might introduce myself by sharing what I did for work, where I go to church and then identify myself by mentioning my friends and family. When you travel, you see yourself as strangers see you. No credit or deficit is attached to your character other than what you behave and the attitude of your heart. They see you. On the rooftop talked about flying carpets, history, food and family. The men danced and the oldest person in the group was accorded the most respect. I learned so much from my time there.
I really miss traveling. I miss who I am when I have to face a new place or challenge. I've made friends for life and I'm so grateful for that.
I wish so much that you get your trip. If you are in Turkey, visiting Ephesus and Cappadocia, overwhelm you with the reality of the New Testament. Being in the underground cities was amazing. I hope you get to see and so much more, Lord willing.
You are certainly well-traveled.

I went to Niagara Falls in Ontario. Actually, I went there twice. That is the extent of my travel outside of the US. Well, technically. I was born in Germany and lived there 9 months. Alas, no memory of that. As I was born in Europe I can't really say that I traveled there.

Nowadays, my travel seems to be limited to driving to work and back and an occasional trip to the grocery store. I am well-traveled too but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Aug 11, 2020
I stuck with it, and in the end, I got comfortable with driving. I'm so glad I did, because it makes life so much easier.

That sounds so lovely. I can picture it. It sounds magical. I've heard it's different in other cultures, and people aren't as attached to how much one makes or what they do. I've wondered what it'd be like to live among a different culture. I've been to Italy, and the UK briefly, but there are so many other places I want to go. There's an up-and-coming tech scene in Estonia, and I've thought of working there. If anything, I could retire someplace like there. The US dollar goes far there, and you can live quite comfortably in modest money (in terms of the conversion rate). I can't imagine retiring where I live now, unless I become a millionaire, or things drastically change.

I'd love to see the places in Turkey, and also Israel. I'd love to see the places written about in the Bible in person. It would make it all the more real. Just like a lot of movies felt more "real" after I visited New York.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Nowadays, my travel seems to be limited to driving to work and back and an occasional trip to the grocery store. I am well-traveled too but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.
You're keeping your life going. That's going somewhere. :cool:

I can't imagine retiring where I live now, unless I become a millionaire, or things drastically change.
Dollar goes a lot farther here in southwest Tennessee. And we still got plenty of room.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You're keeping your life going. That's going somewhere. :cool:

Dollar goes a lot farther here in southwest Tennessee. And we still got plenty of room.
Thank you for the words of encouragement. The struggle is real but God is with me and if I think about it I have a lot going for me. I believe that you are going places too. Regarding Tennessee, we haven't actually settled on a specific location. Maybe we will be neighbors one day. You can bake some sourdough bread and my wife will make a cheesecake. I might make something (edible) too. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I stuck with it, and in the end, I got comfortable with driving. I'm so glad I did, because it makes life so much easier.

That sounds so lovely. I can picture it. It sounds magical. I've heard it's different in other cultures, and people aren't as attached to how much one makes or what they do. I've wondered what it'd be like to live among a different culture. I've been to Italy, and the UK briefly, but there are so many other places I want to go. There's an up-and-coming tech scene in Estonia, and I've thought of working there. If anything, I could retire someplace like there. The US dollar goes far there, and you can live quite comfortably in modest money (in terms of the conversion rate). I can't imagine retiring where I live now, unless I become a millionaire, or things drastically change.

I'd love to see the places in Turkey, and also Israel. I'd love to see the places written about in the Bible in person. It would make it all the more real. Just like a lot of movies felt more "real" after I visited New York.
My time in NYC was limited to the Port Authority Terminal and I have been there a few times. I saw the rotating news sign and went outside on 8th Ave to look at Times Square.

Aug 2, 2009
VIRTURAL DATE NIGHT
CHRISTIAN CHAT ROMANTIC INVITATIONAL

Do you have that certain 'special one' prancing 'round your thoughts that resides in the CC Singles community? Now is your opportunity to invite this member for a virtual date, providing it’s consensual, and that the member is indeed single and not married. However, it may be acceptable to arrange a virtual double date night with a married couple. While we are all adults here there really is no need for an exhaustive list of do’s and don’ts but use your own discretion on the appropriate behavior that may or may occur.

Please be advised though that, like Vegas, what happens here stays here. Feel free to burst into song occasionally but try not to sing out of key. The guys may want to consider bringing a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates, preferably dark to set the mood and the tone for the evening.

NO RULES - JUST RIGHT

"Who knows how much further we'll go on?
Maybe I'll be sorry when you're gone.
I'll take my chances,
I forgot how nice romance is,

I haven't been there for the longest time."
Good song! :giggle:

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
VIRTURAL DATE NIGHT
CHRISTIAN CHAT ROMANTIC INVITATIONAL

I forgot how nice romance is,
I haven't been there for the longest time."
Covid Schmovid... A Virtual Date is just as good as a virtuous date... What could go wrong... :)

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016

Estonia! I was there once, far too briefly, and fell in love with Tallinn. The red roofs on the homes, the cobblestone streets, the street musicians and old churches are lovely. It is a place I'd visit more in depth. What a great opportunity it would be to work there for a while.
Traveling in Turkey I learned so much more about my faith. I didn't realize that Tarsus was (and is) located in Turkey. Paul was a Turk! Being in Ephesus I saw the vendors and realized that these were the descendents for the people Paul addressed and that some were still selling trinkets depicting the idols. I thought of the courage it would have taken to approach these men and tell them that the gods they believed in were not real. I regret to say that I would have been afraid.
It was amazing to walk the same road as Paul, down to the ampitheatre where he spoke. I even saw the lighthouse in the distance where they said he was held captive. There is so much more, but I hope that one day, all these experiences are available to you.