Vocabulary nerd word

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Sagacious would be one who is sage like.. ummm so to have the wisdom of a sage.... I think it has to be seasoned with sage.. like a turkey.
😄 or someone who is like an old soul or just plain old.
's all that and a bag of quips.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
*Lynx nods with profound sagacity.

I'm a nerd, so I have recognized all these words. I don't recommend being a nerd... it makes people look at you funny when you use a word you think explains exactly what you mean, but they have no idea what you said.
Yes, you do seem nerdy, I think I learn more toward quirky.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
Is quips the next word? Honestly, I am not nerdy enough to know that one. Well, quip... seems like an issue or problem, or one who has issues with someone or something?
I like to think I'm whimsical more than nerdy or quirky.

I think I need super hard for the king nerd here... so here is a level 2 difficult word

eudaemonia

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
A quip is a light joke, usually a very short one. If you have an issue with something, that's a quibble.

And as my name is Isaac, and as Isaac means laughter, and as I seem to try to live up to my name... I guess I'm eudaimonic. (I will allow the e instead of i in "eudaemonic" though, as it is an official alternative spelling.)

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
A quip is a light joke, usually a very short one. If you have an issue with something, that's a quibble.

And as my name is Isaac, and as Isaac means laughter, and as I seem to try to live up to my name... I guess I'm eudaimonic. (I will allow the e instead of i in "eudaemonic" though, as it is an official alternative spelling.)
Wait, your actual name is Isaac?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yes.

I could expatiate on that, but sometimes a short answer is better. Besides, there's your new word. Expatiate.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
Expatiate. Explain or expound on something while providing intricate detail and background...starting from the very beginning, and leaving nothing out?

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
This might be too niche for me. I had to look up everything so far. I should've taken up Latin instead of calculus, especially since it only lowered my GPA when I bombed it. But then again, didn't God tell Moses to step into a niche?

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
Very clever! Niche. Hmmm...
I was hoping that most of these words would stump the average English speaker. So I think we are doing well.
So Calculus.. wow, at least you could wrap your mind around that beast enough to entertain it for a semester.
I never made it that far. I took a left at Albuquerque missing the road sine and cosine and went off on a mathematical tangent. Well no tangent actually, lol.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I heard somebody say Newton invented calculus during a plague. Now THAT'S isolation! They also commented that you would have to be very, very bored to invent calculus.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I heard somebody say Newton invented calculus during a plague. Now THAT'S isolation! They also commented that you would have to be very, very bored to invent calculus.
Oh my garble, I believe it! I spent just about the entire semester with my face in the textbook, zonked out.

Very clever! Niche. Hmmm...

I was hoping that most of these words would stump the average English speaker. So I think we are doing well.
So Calculus.. wow, at least you could wrap your mind around that beast enough to entertain it for a semester.
I never made it that far. I took a left at Albuquerque missing the road sine and cosine and went off on a mathematical tangent. Well no tangent actually, lol.
This is a good place for a corn emoji... haaaa!

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
I was trying to find an antonym for boredom and Mr. Google shared this little bit of brilliance to chew on. I like it!!

The opposite of boredom is peace. Boredom can be stressful in that the individual experiencing boredom is resisting the now, thereby creating inner tension. If boredom is resistance to what is presently perceived as undesirable, then the opposite of being bored is peace, or non-resistance to the now.

I think peace with boredom is an abberation. It's best not to abscond from it but embrace the simple moments in life. I enjoy living in a state of alacrity.