Walking in the power -Spirit led prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When people think of tongues and speaking in the spirit they think of unknown utterance words or babbling like an infant, however there is not very many instances when this is how it happens and even then the reason for it is not what people think.
I do not have the gift of tongues in that way but I do have it in another way.
When you draw near him and you and him are in that moment of great intimacy where it is as if you are no longer two seperate hearts but one that is when there are words that cannot be expressed in the human tongue, there is a graoning in the spirit, things you want to say to him and pour out to him but have not the words.

There are times when we want to express our love for him in these moments and the only way to even try is a language of the heart. Words are poured out to him with no voice, things are said and spoken to him that have no sound but the depth of what is spoken far exceeds what anything we could ever say could.
The word love instance simply doesn't do it justice it isn't even the same feeling it is so much deeper so much richer so much more beautiful.
You have said it. He speaks to us in the same manner much of the time, no words but a communion of the heart, soul and mind. This may be unexplainable to the non-believer, but oh so real to the children of Yahweh.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
@shittim - you are a brave soul starting this thread....lol! :giggle::love: Love knows NO FEAR!

ALL the gifts of the Holy Spirit are wonderful, in full operation and VERY necessary for the Body of Christ in the Earth.

When we leave Earth and go to Heaven, we no longer need the gifts but, while on the Earth with the Holy Spirit, we need the gifts operating in us - in any way the Holy Spirit chooses to do so because He knows the heart and mind of God.

Jesus promised that He would not leave us as orphans on this Earth, the Father would send the Promise of the Spirit of Truth to be with us and in us - leading, guiding, correcting, instructing, comforting, teaching, counseling, and empowering us to be effective witnesses of Jesus Christ.

Everyone - just do a word search in the Bible - look up every scripture that mentions Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Spirit, Spirit of God, Spirit of Truth and read them. Enjoy! :love:(y)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
You did it again Lafftur- what a wonderful post filled with so much truth, love, humility, etc. As though anything could be added to this please humor me. It has come to mind that often we think in terms of "either/or" that He does things one way or another when it is often "both and more" as He wills, and He has shown us how much He enjoys confounding us if we are believe we are wise .
Bless you in Jesus name

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Lafftur- seems in these last of the last days all hands will need to be on deck for the end time harvest, we cannot be leaning on our own understanding. If what we believe and practice isn't in line with the Galatians 5 attributes of love, joy, peace, patience, etc. then it must not be from above and we know there are only 2 kingdoms.
It is a help to me to make use of the ignore function if there are responses that attempt to thwart furthering His full gospel.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Below is an excerpt from my autobiography.

God let me join a church with my family. I wanted to be able to speak with tongues and asked God for the same. He said He would do it but we had to do it His way. We had joined a Free-Will Baptist Church in our town. They baptized with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit phrase. God showed me that they failed to take authority in the name of Jesus, in scripture. I wanted to just go to a Pentecostal Church, but God made me go to the Baptist Church and show them the scripture references.To my surprise, the Reverend and the head Deacon went through the scriptures and agreed to re-baptize us. Enter Satan. The Reverend's wife comes from a long line of Baptists. When she heard of the plans, she gets on the phone to an uncle from the good ol' Southern Baptists. Soon a whole committee of preachers start calling and talk them out of it. They called me in to tell me and I said: "You'll understand then if we go somewhere else." They were all for it, they just wanted out from under the conundrum.

We started going to a little Pentecostal Church in the small town where we lived. They were told of our unhappy baptism, and immediately they arranged to baptize us again. They did, but I still didn’t get the gift of tongues. God had already called me to preach, and I did so in this little church. My wife and I felt they were a little fanciful and magical about their beliefs and we grew to doubt that baptism also. So, we went to the mud flats at the edge of the lake to baptize each other. I took authority in Jesus’ name and dunked my wife. Then I took the palm of my left hand and covered my nose and eyes waiting for her. She said that, somehow, she was about 5 or 6 feet away from me; so she started toward me. To her surprise, I went straight back into the water and came back up. She said: “How did you do that?” I said: “do what?” I told her she dunked me, she said she didn’t. Something had grabbed me and did it for her; something invisible. I felt a hand on my back and one on my chest which I covered with my right hand. We deduced it was an angel / cherub. I felt something pulling me down into the very deep, cold abyss of what felt like death. My eyes were closed, but I saw the surface of the water disappearing above me. It was very cold, and it felt like death. That was my vision of my baptism. We both came up speaking in tongues as the Lord promised.

A little later, we came to believe that a woman couldn’t do the job of a minister.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
But wait, I heard no one take authority. It must have been Jesus Himself! Wow! Even an angel would have to take authority. Call me crazy but I believe Jesus Himself dunked me. I'll have to put this in my autobiography.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thank you so much for sharing !
Seems you were at the Baptists to do His will, we have Baptists here as well and although I have sat at the same table and we have all clearly been showered with Holy Spirit presence at the same time, they still have no hunger and thirst for the power He died to bring us all.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Thank you so much for sharing !
Seems you were at the Baptists to do His will, we have Baptists here as well and although I have sat at the same table and we have all clearly been showered with Holy Spirit presence at the same time, they still have no hunger and thirst for the power He died to bring us all.
I heard that the Baptist Church where I went to had more problems and some split off to other places. I started to feel a little guilty, then then Lord promptly said: "Don't you dare feel guilty. You just obeyed me. They came to worship me and I will stir them all I want." "Yes sir, I say."

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
You did it again Lafftur- what a wonderful post filled with so much truth, love, humility, etc.

As though anything could be added to this please humor me. It has come to mind that often we think in terms of "either/or" that He does things one way or another when it is often "both and more" as He wills, and He has shown us how much He enjoys confounding us if we are believe we are wise .
Bless you in Jesus name
I love it when God confounds the "wise"! Sometimes it's me He is confounding......lol! And, I just laugh at how silly I am and He laughs with me.....human wisdom and reasoning is just so silly!!

God's Ways are so much higher than ours......when God picks us up and puts us on His shoulders and lets us see what He sees.....wow......just simply, WOW!

I've learned that I only know Truth if God tells me, otherwise there is NO WAY of knowing. This is one of the many reasons why I absolutely LOVE the Holy Spirit - the Spirit of Truth. :love:

Lafftur- seems in these last of the last days all hands will need to be on deck for the end time harvest, we cannot be leaning on our own understanding. If what we believe and practice isn't in line with the Galatians 5 attributes of love, joy, peace, patience, etc. then it must not be from above and we know there are only 2 kingdoms.
It is a help to me to make use of the ignore function if there are responses that attempt to thwart furthering His full gospel.
We're always living in the "last days" because we only have our lifetime on this Earth anyways.....so, everyone could honestly say "the Lord is returning in my lifetime." lol! :giggle:

Of course, what people are referring to is the 1000 year reign of Christ on the Earth yet, Christ is still coming for me in my lifetime so I better be ready and looking for Him! :love:

I really don't busy myself too much with running around trying to save everyone, I spend most of my time seeking to know God more and more and to love Him more and more.......it's what He greatly desires from all of us......for us to know Him and to love Him.

The obedience and witnessing flows so freely from just living in His Presence which is only possible with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is only possible because of the Blood and Body of Jesus Christ - our Savior, Lord and King and the Blood and Body of Jesus Christ is only possible because our Father in Heaven loves us all so dearly and refuses to live without us! Woooohooooo! We are loved! :love:

Of course, everyone in my family, friends, co-workers.....know that I love Jesus Christ and am always ready and willing to talk about Him or pray with them but, for the most part - they just watch me. lol! :giggle::love:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
But wait, I heard no one take authority. It must have been Jesus Himself! Wow! Even an angel would have to take authority. Call me crazy but I believe Jesus Himself dunked me. I'll have to put this in my autobiography.
Woooohoooo!!! I love it! I absolutely agree - Jesus baptized you!!

There's no other way to live on this Earth and truly be happy.......just being with Jesus is so wonderful! Being in communion with Father, Son and Holy Spirit.......it's the only life worth living........it's the only life we were created for!

Thanks for sharing your experience! I love it! :love:(y)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I spoke in tongues at a baptist church and they assured me it was ok..

although it was the non denom that were the first to offer to baptise me and didnt see anything wrong with it

I think it can happen anywhere, for me the first instance was at home in my own bed. God did it that way so nobody else could gainsay it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i have heard of some fundamentalist types that dont like tongues though and one said I wasnt allowed around his daughters if I spoke of it. He actually came out of a pentecostal/charismatic denom. They homeschooled and had dozen children and practiced their faith in a completely different way from how the pentecostals did.

Quakers hardly speak at all, they prefer to listen.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
As you well know the visions he has been giving me has been amazing those two I gave you yesterday I believe speak the truth of your post. the harvest and walking in his power and spirit and allhands on deck are going to be needed.
I really and truly hope this is very soon like honestly when he calls me to action I will be like well it's about timeXD He has known for a while now I am ready set go

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
i have heard of some fundamentalist types that dont like tongues though and one said I wasnt allowed around his daughters if I spoke of it. He actually came out of a pentecostal/charismatic denom. They homeschooled and had dozen children and practiced their faith in a completely different way from how the pentecostals did.

Quakers hardly speak at all, they prefer to listen.
Well maybe he was damaged from it. I have only been to one Pentecostal church before and it made me uncomfortable. I was searching for a church that would be home for me, every church I have ever gone to just never really felt like home and I never got the help I needed I literally rode my bike for miles just to try this church and well.... lets just say this church wasn't for me

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
He is very good at directing me where He wants me to go, and when He wants me to go. Just today I was directed to several places and He set up divine encounters for His gospel to go forth.
blessings to you in Jesus name.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I am so just enjoying reading everyone’s posts.......we’re all different and God is moving and fellowshipping with all of us in various ways that are absolutely beautiful!

I just love all the intricate variety that God has made us to be....so, so beautiful!

Colors, Nations, Culture, Heritage, Celebrations, Foods, Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, Encouragers, Hospitality, Brothers and Sisters......word of wisdom, word of knowledge, discernment, faith, miracles, healings, prophecy, tongues, interpretation of tongues....love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self control.....BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:(y)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"Winner" is the highest I could go, yes it delights Him so to have made us the way he did. Thank you and bless you Heavenly Father.
Bless you Lafftur, and to think , our best is ahead of us!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Notice, I didn’t mention even one denomination.......lol!! :giggle::love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
"Winner" is the highest I could go, yes it delights Him so to have made us the way he did. Thank you and bless you Heavenly Father.
Bless you Lafftur, and to think , our best is ahead of us!
You’re a Winner!! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Notice, I didn’t mention even one denomination.......lol!! :giggle::love:(y)
I do enjoy “assembling with other believers” but, put no confidence in denominations.

I tend to end up at charismatic non- denominational congregations.:love: