Walmart experiences

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
What are your experiences at Walmart?

Is it the low-low prices or the exceptional customer service you receive at the check out lines?

My favorite is when you goto the self check-out station and the machine says, "put your bananas in the bag". Also, after your finished checking out the machine says, "How did we do today"?

Mar 4, 2020
What are your experiences at Walmart?

Is it the low-low prices or the exceptional customer service you receive at the check out lines?

My favorite is when you goto the self check-out station and the machine says, "put your bananas in the bag". Also, after your finished checking out the machine says, "How did we do today"?

I used to go there late at night because it was one of the only places open. I kinda miss stocking up on sodas, junk food, and staying up all night with friends.

The very first thing I do at a self-checkout lane is actually mute the sound. Apparently I'm missing out on some good stuff so maybe next time I'll just set the volume to low so I can still hear it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sorry never set foot in one. We dont have wal-mart in nz.
I only heard of wal-mart from this song that some of my american forum friends talked about, and it sort of freaked me out.

We have K mart though. But K mart just plays 80s songs.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The folks who work at the local House of Wal seem pretty decent... except for one person who probably has to answer too many annoying or dumb questions from customers. Either that or she needs to eat more fibre.

G

Godsgirl83

My life long pal has worked at Walmart for 20(ish) years......
This was the FIRST Thanksgiving and Christmas that she was off ( and that was only b/c of covid)

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
My life long pal has worked at Walmart for 20(ish) years......
This was the FIRST Thanksgiving and Christmas that she was off ( and that was only b/c of covid)
Your friend was long over due for a holiday or two.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Those self checkout stations can be awesome if you know how to use them.

Need to change? Buy a few candy bars, one at a time.

Got too much change? Buy something and funnel all the change into the slot until your purchase is almost paid for, then feed the machine a $100 bill.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Those self checkout stations can be awesome if you know how to use them.

Need to change? Buy a few candy bars, one at a time.

Got too much change? Buy something and funnel all the change into the slot until your purchase is almost paid for, then feed the machine a $100 bill.
I take it you don't believe in the little plastic swipey cards that so many people use.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I take it you don't believe in the little plastic swipey cards that so many people use.
I have one of those connected to my checking account. I use it for online purchases. I like cash because I can see how much I have at any time.

G

Godsgirl83

I like cash because the look on peoples faces when they see you purchase with it (especially higher ticket items) is like

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I used to love walmart when it was open 24 hours. We have a super-walmart that's like a full-size grocery store and a giant walmart all in one. I used to go there around 1am after a midnight workout at the gym and it was so cool to have the whole store to myself. I remember hearing long ago that when Bill Gates went shopping at some store like Macy's they would close the store so he could shop undisturbed. The only problem was sometimes there wasn't any cashier on duty and I had to find someone to help me. I probably could have walked out with all my stuff, but I'm too scared to try something like that (fear of the Lord I guess). This was before self-checkout existed.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I literally haven't been inside of a Walmart building in probably about 7 or 8 years. I do buy things from them online sometimes. I just recently got one of those invite only things to do reviews, basically they send me free stuff but i have to review it.

As for the over-all experience i would say they are pretty good. Online-wise they have decent shipping. I still have yet to try one of those self checkout machine things they have in the store though.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In NZ we have something called the Warehouse.
Maybe its our equivalent of Walmart. The low low prices basically push all the other smaller shops out of business.
Not sure about the customer service, as there doesnt seem to be any except when they stand waiting at the counter to take your money....

Have to say they arent really known for quality goods. Looking around I cant recall buying many items from there that have lasted.

I keep thinking of that Bible passage that has this foolish rich man building bigger barns and God not being that pleased! . Luke 12:16-21