Want to beat the coronavirus? Reopen America now

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
So House Democrats won’t approve a bill that saves lives unless money is appropriate for abortion. The irony in that is prolific.

E

EleventhHour

I get sick of conspiracies only because most just dont have compelling evidence. This virus has so many conspiracies and none can be proven so idk why people waste their time with them.

If I had a full team, inside agents, lots of money, and spies then maybe I would try to search for evidence to a conspiracy but us average folk do not have that kinda time, money, resources, or personal to investigate such matters. I just have to filter the media and do my best to believe what sounds accurate. Otherwise I dont have time for conspiracies.

Maybe there is new evidence to support claims like this virus was a bio weapon designed to bring America and other Nations to their knees. But I haven't heard much to prove that.
Here is what seems a pretty good web site that fact checks and giving equal time to both sides for when they are not telling the truth.

https://www.politifact.com/coronavirus/

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Us lowly people will never know what goes on at the top with the power elite.

It could be a bio weapon....idk ... but we are in the reality of it now and that we should deny what is the plain reality of this virus.

I just cannot believe that every epidemiologist, virologist, micro biologist etc., etc. are liars and part of this huge world wide conspiracy and this whole thing is a hoax.
I have heard now atleast a few Drs are saying the government is acting in extreme measures. They said we deal with Corona viruses all the time and 80% of cases are mild symptoms. The only reason we are getting more information now is because more people are actually testing for it than before they wouldn't test mild symptoms. They was saying they usually attack children under 6 months but this one mutated and now the elderly are the most vulnerable. They was saying if we logically look at this then we should be responding this way to every flu season. Also they said for centuries the Corona viruses start to go away around the hotter months usually in April. By stats this one should be no different. He was saying living in a herd society we often feel wrong for being different. Same with this virus. And the scare that if they dont shut down, people are already trying to sue companies for people who got sick. More companies shut down due to that scare also.

Honestly I'm not worried about it. My parents are in that age range. They aren't worried about it. My parents keep saying if it is their time to go then let it be. These Drs keep saying all we should be doing is what we should of been doing all along. Practicing good hygiene and being wise about our individual situations. But the fear is killing the economy, businesses, and people's financial security.

But if your worried or scared then do what's best for you. That's all any of us can do. Maybe when it's all said and done the facts will come out and we will know for certain was all this worth it. Because sometimes the fix may be worse in the long run.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Here is what seems a pretty good web site that fact checks and giving equal time to both sides for when they are not telling the truth.

https://www.politifact.com/coronavirus/
If that is the same site, they are known to be bias more towards a liberal view but most of these known fact check sites are. Not sure if that changes anything related to the virus but they often dont include all the facts either.

E

EleventhHour

I have heard now atleast a few Drs are saying the government is acting in extreme measures. They said we deal with Corona viruses all the time and 80% of cases are mild symptoms. The only reason we are getting more information now is because more people are actually testing for it than before they wouldn't test mild symptoms. They was saying they usually attack children under 6 months but this one mutated and now the elderly are the most vulnerable. They was saying if we logically look at this then we should be responding this way to every flu season. Also they said for centuries the Corona viruses start to go away around the hotter months usually in April. By stats this one should be no different. He was saying living in a herd society we often feel wrong for being different. Same with this virus. And the scare that if they dont shut down, people are already trying to sue companies for people who got sick. More companies shut down due to that scare also.

Honestly I'm not worried about it. My parents are in that age range. They aren't worried about it. My parents keep saying if it is their time to go then let it be. These Drs keep saying all we should be doing is what we should of been doing all along. Practicing good hygiene and being wise about our individual situations. But the fear is killing the economy, businesses, and people's financial security.

But if your worried or scared then do what's best for you. That's all any of us can do. Maybe when it's all said and done the facts will come out and we will know for certain was all this worth it. Because sometimes the fix may be worse in the long run.
We can hope... it is not the 80 % that is the worry it is the 20 %

You can always find people who offer a dissenting opinion.

Yes, if people acted responsibly all this could have been avoided.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
We can hope... it is not the 80 % that is the worry it is the 20 %

You can always find people who offer a dissenting opinion.

Yes, if people acted responsibly all this could have been avoided.
Yes but technically this is usually the same groups affected by these viruses or flu is the infants, elderly, and those with underlying pre health conditions. I'm just speaking from a logic standpoint. I know logic doesn't always help when things are emotionally tied to events as fear and death are involved. It doesn't help when your child is in the hospital like mine was with the flu this year. I'm sure he got it from his older siblings who brought it home from school. Maybe if the schools was closed he wouldn't of been put in the hospital on Christmas day. But all we can do is pray and do our best to help our vulnerable. Unfortunately these viruses have been taken life for a long time.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Your source's math is horrible

18+42=60 The last time I checked there are only 50 states
18 +24 = 42 out of 50 states. And 42 had four or less deaths as of Friday last week. 18 had zero deaths.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
18 +24 = 42 out of 50 states. And 42 had four or less deaths as of Friday last week. 18 had zero deaths.

That may be so but in your original post you transposed the 2 and the 4. You typed 42, not 24.

E

EleventhHour

Yes but technically this is usually the same groups affected by these viruses or flu is the infants, elderly, and those with underlying pre health conditions. I'm just speaking from a logic standpoint. I know logic doesn't always help when things are emotionally tied to events as fear and death are involved. It doesn't help when your child is in the hospital like mine was with the flu this year. I'm sure he got it from his older siblings who brought it home from school. Maybe if the schools was closed he wouldn't of been put in the hospital on Christmas day. But all we can do is pray and do our best to help our vulnerable. Unfortunately these viruses have been taken life for a long time.
I am sure that if the professionals knew all the ins and outs of this virus 100% perfect decisions can be made... unfortunately that is not the case.
There are basically two options when it comes to epidemiology .. containment and mitigate the damage of lives lost based on the knowledge available of the nature of the virus.....

Or letting it run loose through the populations and let the chips fall where they may.

But over oversimplifying things like the author in the article posted by the OP does not offer any valuable information.

...like a verse pulled out of scripture with no context.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I am sure that if the professionals knew all the ins and outs of this virus 100% perfect decisions can be made... unfortunately that is not the case.
There are basically two options when it comes to epidemiology .. containment and mitigate the damage of lives lost based on the knowledge available of the nature of the virus.....

Or letting it run loose through the populations and let the chips fall where they may.

But over oversimplifying things like the author in the article posted by the OP does not offer any valuable information.

...like a verse pulled out of scripture with no context.
Yes and the cards are being dealt, we have bet all in before seeing the last card hoping we judged our odds correctly and the last card gives us the victory we are hoping to achieve.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So House Democrats won’t approve a bill that saves lives unless money is appropriate for abortion. The irony in that is prolific.
If you replace Democrats with Demons you will have the right picture. But for all the Republicans in Congress and the Senate to stand by and allow this shameless manipulation is even more pathetic. Only Scalise said that Pelosi's bill should be thrown in the garbage. Ted Cruz said some harsh things but failed to say that Pelosi and Schumer should be arrested for sedition and treason. But it seems like everyone -- including Trump -- will now capitulate to the extreme Left agenda.

I believe that a ONE-PAGE document covering the absolute essentials would have been more than sufficient (Just relief for middle-income wage-earners and small businesses who have lost income). Not over 1,000 pages to remake America into another Communist country. Just goes to show that the Washington Swamp has not even been touched.

E

EleventhHour

Yes viruses have caused death for a long time.

Again the point it very simple the health care system is not fitted for an epidemic... there are no extra ICU beds, no extra ventilators,
No extra doctors and nurses.

In italy five doctors have died and because they did not have enough doctors third year medical students were used to treat the patients.

Even if they build make shift hospitals in New York as their numbers start to sky rocket they still need front line workers, supplies,.medication ...etc etc.,

And if they do not quarantine you tell me how they deal with the every increasing numbers.

And let us not forget the first person who died of this in China was a young male who had no underlying health problems.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I have heard now atleast a few Drs are saying the government is acting in extreme measures. They said we deal with Corona viruses all the time and 80% of cases are mild symptoms. The only reason we are getting more information now is because more people are actually testing for it than before they wouldn't test mild symptoms. They was saying if we logically look at this then we should be responding this way to every flu season. Also they said for centuries the Corona viruses start to go away around the hotter months usually in April...
So what is the real agenda behind the Coronavirus crisis and the government acting in extreme measures? :unsure:

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and dismiss the deaths of the nameless numbers and minimize the problem. Of course to do so is to still lessen peoples humanity by seeing the deaths and thinking they are meaningless and irrelevant.
Or to speak to faceless, nameless masses about the needs of the economy, the exaggeration and fear mongering. How about this, you go to to Italy, look at the faces of the parents, children, wives/husbands, family and friends of those who lost someone (or perhaps more than one) and tell them the same message. Tell them that the few deaths don't really mean anything (because, the flu is worse anyways) and that this problem should be ignored. Look those left behind in the eyes and see if you can feel the same way.
Fearmongering is not the answer, but neither is burying your head in the sand (or other places) and pretending there is no problem.

And to diminish the value and worth of those whose risks of getting this illness, and dying from it (such as myself and everyone in my household) is pure and simple cold heartedness and only looking out for ones self interests. To go on with life as usual is to ignore those people and put them in a lower class.
This is classic reinterpretation and adding to the point the op was making.

A tactic usually employed by leftists.
To say that if you dare question the draconian measures, that would have made the stasi, Maduro, and Tito blush, you are somehow lacking in empathy and compassion for your fellow man, is patently unfair.

Every death is tragic no matter what the cause. Yes we can limit all sorts of deaths by permanently living in little bubbles, isolated from the rest of humanity.

No one is against reasonable measures. NJ is reporting that up to 1/4 of the population (2 million) now have this virus. It’s out there now. There is no more viable reason to keep society closed. We should have listened to Trump and conservatives long ago and stringently sealed our borders.