Want to get away? (essay)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosyshine

Senior Member
Feb 26, 2017
122
15
18
One of the reasons I started writing here was to share feelings honestly, and anonymously, because I don't feel that I have many safe spaces to do that in my daily life.
Today is Sunday morning. I left church early. Today I feel like getting away. Today I hurt and feel a bundle of conflicting emotions. What I'd like to do, though I can't, is to get into my car and just drive and drive and drive - maybe for days or weeks, to nowhere in particular. It's just the going that I want. It's the feeling of leaving it all behind and going somewhere; that's what I'm after.
I miss being on the road. I'm tired of carrying around a broken heart. Can anyone relate?
 
Absolutely! But I will say, it's taken some time to lay my burdens down. God has a process in healing.
 
Bigbromarsh;bt21102 said:
Absolutely! But I will say, it's taken some time to lay my burdens down. God has a process in healing.

Thank you for your words ... what did that mean for you in your daily life, to lay your burdens down?
 
Yes, I can certainly relate to what have said. There are days that I feel the same way, just get in the car and go to points unknown and leave the baggage behind. Of course, I would take my wife with me if I ever did such a thing. The next best thing is to go on a vacation somewhere and leave the worries behind. Safe travels to you.
 
tourist;bt21104 said:
Yes, I can certainly relate to what have said. There are days that I feel the same way, just get in the car and go to points unknown and leave the baggage behind. Of course, I would take my wife with me if I ever did such a thing. The next best thing is to go on a vacation somewhere and leave the worries behind. Safe travels to you.

Thank you. I think it's probably a common feeling.
 
Rosyshine;bt21103 said:
Thank you for your words ... what did that mean for you in your daily life, to lay your burdens down?

"lay my burdens down" would mean drop my problems and don't pick them back up! Give them to God, talk about them, tell God my perspective (the good and bad) , tell Him what I plan on doing. My problem is not waiting for His answer!!! And I have been better at talking to other ppl = that's why I'm here on CC.
 
Bigbromarsh;bt21106 said:
"lay my burdens down" would mean drop my problems and don't pick them back up! Give them to God, talk about them, tell God my perspective (the good and bad) , tell Him what I plan on doing. My problem is not waiting for His answer!!! And I have been better at talking to other ppl = that's why I'm here on CC.

Not picking them back up has been the hard part for me. Thanks for sharing. :)
 
****God can heal your heart------ if you can' t get away--- far away ---maybe do something different to feel better--- go to Dairy Queen---- take a long walk and let your heart breathe...
 
88;bt21108 said:
****God can heal your heart------ if you can' t get away--- far away ---maybe do something different to feel better--- go to Dairy Queen---- take a long walk and let your heart breathe...

"Let your heart breathe"... I like that. Thank you. :)