Warning Against Women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
I'm wondering if there is a reason for that besides the obvious regurgitated reason from the garden?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
If I had to guess it is because back then women were taught to be a certain way and men were the dominant gender who were not held to the same standards as women thus were able to pursue their lusts more men are usually more lustfull than women it has to do with our genetic make up

This also means we were tempted by seductive women rather than the other way around

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Why does the Bible warn men against women and not women against men?
Whereabouts, and in what context? I'd say it is because men are generally forthright with their intentions, but women generally are more seductive and clandestine. Look at Samson and Delilah. He just wanted a wife - she pretended to love him, but betrayed him for money and power.

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
If I had to guess it is because back then women were taught to be a certain way and men were the dominant gender who were not held to the same standards as women thus were able to pursue their lusts more men are usually more lustfull than women it has to do with our genetic make up

This also means we were tempted by seductive women rather than the other way around
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that it was so to give men liberty to be more lustful?

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
Whereabouts, and in what context? I'd say it is because men are generally forthright with their intentions, but women generally are more seductive and clandestine. Look at Samson and Delilah. He just wanted a wife - she pretended to love him, but betrayed him for money and power.
I generally agree with the seductive and clandestine bit. As far as Samson, wasn't he already married when he met Delilah?

Proverbs 7:
5 That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.
6 For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,
7 And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,
8 Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,
9 In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:
10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.
11 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)
13 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,
14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.
15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.
16 I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.
17 I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
18 Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
19 For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:
20 He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.
21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
22 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;
23 Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.
24 Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.
25 Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.
26 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.
27 Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death

Proverbs 2
11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: .............
16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
17 Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.
18 For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead.
19 None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.
20 That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.

Just to share a few, albeit, these might be referring to something else rather than a woman?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I generally agree with the seductive and clandestine bit. As far as Samson, wasn't he already married when he met Delilah?

Proverbs 7:
5 That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.
7 And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,
10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.
16 I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.
18 Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
20 He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.
21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
22 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;
23 Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.
24 Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.
26 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.

Proverbs 2
16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
17 Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.
19 None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.
20 That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.

Just to share a few, albeit, these might be referring to something else rather than a woman?
These are referring to prostitutes marketing their "services", not to women in general.

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
These are referring to prostitutes marketing their "services", not to women in general.
I'm not sure what you mean. I know what you said. My question is why does the bible tell men to be careful with women and not the other way around?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I'm not sure what you mean. I know what you said. My question is why does the bible tell men to be careful with women and not the other way around?
That's a good questions. My take on that is the Bible was written in a culture where women were more likely to be 'homebodies' while men were more likely to be out and about in the community. There's likely more to it. It is reasonably clear within Scripture that women were to be in the care of their fathers or their husbands; sons were expected to get out and take on the world.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
it does...did you miss the Book Of Ruth? Ruth is warned to stay away from the young men on the field she is gleaning....so Boaz can have her all to himself.

Jan 12, 2022
Why does the Bible warn men against women and not women against men?
The Bible does warn against the evil men and evil women alike. It's the nature of the kingdom of whores. Paul in all his letters rarely actually gives a prophecy, mostly focusing on doctrine and the already established Scriptures making them know and plain for the Gentiles. However, Paul gives a rare prophecy in advice to young Timothy which shows the nature of the evil woman and man and their ways, this is also serving as a warning to women also. The sign of the nature of the end times generations turning evil is this; evil men seducing silly women laden with sins into diverse lusts together. They are deceivers deceiving each other. Proverbs 7 is a good example of the both the evil men following after in the inverse disorder of the Devil the evil women. Their kingdom is made up of them both, two to tango, and then the lovers quarrel after for eternity in the flames.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
I have to disagree because she specifically says the goodman of the house is away.

Arguably, though, the woman portrayed here is an amalgamation of ALL the bad woman types: desperate cheating housewife, prostitute, etc. etc.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
it does...did you miss the Book Of Ruth? Ruth is warned to stay away from the young men on the field she is gleaning....so Boaz can have her all to himself.
Uuuuummmmmmm..... .____.

I think in the context it was more like, "if any of these guys bother you, let me know."

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019

Proverbs 7:

Proverbs 2

These are exactly the verses I was thinking of.

With Samson, I think his first wife was murdered by the Philistines after Samson obtained the requested price for losing his bet with them by killing some other Philistines (because the first Philistines had threatened his wife to tell them the secret of his riddle).

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Also, the obvious answer is that women are more desirable to men, than men are to women. Probably like wine is more desirable to an alcoholic than it is to a teetotaller. The teetotaller doesn't have to be too careful about wine, because he doesn't drink. The alcoholic does, because he loves it.

Think of women as fine wine, and men as the alcoholic. And also, think of women as the teetotaller, and men as an industrial grade tequilla, with one of those worms stuck in it.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
...and men as an industrial grade tequilla, with one of those worms stuck in it.
funny

Let's see - today, we have:

industrial grade
commercial grade
medical grade
"top shelf"

In this context, perhaps you really did mean industrial grade - haha

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
funny

Let's see - today, we have:

industrial grade