WARNING!the Baptist religion is a cult!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2007
Yet again, we are talking serious matters in here and some just like to make jokes about something as serious as salvation.....Go play in the playground threads why dont you. That would be greatly appreciated.
This is not your thread. Get a funny bone to go with your amazing knowledge of the word and you will truly be a soldier for Christ... You are so brilliant in so many ways but truly lack knowledge in how to speak or deal with people to get your point across. Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having joy in your life,... so perhaps we should tell you to go spend some time in the playground threads & learn how to speak to people with respect. You are smart... you just lack wisdom.

E

EconGrad

What annoys me is the "non-denominational" churches.

Basically those Churches are denominations. Usually they are defined by feel-good preaching, 'contemporary' worship music, and attempts to be hip.

B

Baptistrw

Basically those Churches are denominations. Usually they are defined by feel-good preaching, 'contemporary' worship music, and attempts to be hip.
It's funny because it's true, non-denominational churches are a denomination.

A

Ancilla

A non-denominational church, in my opinion, has it's pros and cons. I used to think that the appeal of them is that they'd claim to just follow the Bible and not have to worry about the official doctrine of their denomination. But I heard the disadvantage is that if they are a fully independent church, they're not accountable to a larger body.

NoahsDad

Oct 30, 2006
look this Is a serious thread tho.........ever hear the verse that sais Judge not lest ye be likewise judged..If not Ill get it for ya.
That catholic thread really is botherin me Not that its bad to try to show a brither or sister the truth,But the way it was done is distasteful and ignorant(in My opinion)You dont have to hurt someone to get your point across......Just imagine if you saw a REAL thread that said just what I said........And they REALLY meant every word of it .......Thats what Im seeing in some of thesae threads...........Jusdt Please if you dont agree with a denomination or theology use some tact and practice self controll in teaching and lead lightly as Christ did with a shepherds crook and Not a GOAD..........because the goad of correction is for the Teachers Not the students.....................
HOLLA

Luk 6:37 jjudge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Now let me re elaberate on what this thread is Really about
Its about tact and taste in teaching!notice how 6:38 follows 6:37.This aint talkin about giving money .its talking about judging others .wheather you feel its nessesary to their salvation or wellbeing if youre not willing to step in and help change their situation you are judging them .And rest assured YOU Will reap what you are sewing in this thread and much more ,further more, you'll cause others with your same point of view to reap that which you are sewing in here.
So let me stress once again,USE KINDNESS AND TACT in teaching!
there are many cults out there ,just as has been stresed in here befor,but by condeming them in anger and hatred ,with rumors and false ducumentation,you are just reinforcing what the misteaching thats already been instilled in their minds.Most cult leaders use one verse to reinforce what they are teaching as truth.
Luk 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Luk 6:23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
Now faced with opposition like Im seeing in these threads,If I was in a cult that would be affermation to My belief and NOT contradiction.
SEE?
All those "I am the messiah" teachers like Jim Jones and the Branch Devidiand etc.Used these very verses to back up what they were teaching and tighten the strings on their followers.
In a nutshell it just makes us who are truely following the masters teachings look bad instead of the false teachers.Even tho we are truely concerned about their salvation.
This is a hard tuth that I just faced myself,through these bible discussion threads.Its hard for me to Not get passionate about what I feel is truth and if I see someone that I feel is teaching about 100 degrees off the mark.So I just backed off ijn posting ,And subscribed to just reading untill I could give soft answers ant tactful responces.And sometimes just knowing when to back off is in order.You know when it feels like youre beating a dead horse.If they aint getin the point just back off and let the seed you planted get watered .if you keep on tilling even after youve planted youre just diggin up the seeds.
You know where it is written ,Some sew some water and some reap but in all to God be the glory?
I'm just saying if youre sewing a seed Pray that the Holy Spirit sends the water to germinate the seeds youve sewn and let others reap as God wills.
And pray that I can do the same.
Holla

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
Us Baptists (No I'm not a Southern Baptist) are awfully fond of our Potlucks... I guess we just love food!!! ;)

S

suaso

I have been in the chatroom when NoahsDad is talking, and he's a good man and says good things that don't lead to mudslinging. Even in chatrooms, the people I have the most conflict with in the other thread are just as nice and we get along. But that other thread is creating all the problem because it singles out one specific group of Christians. And it does not do so in a healty way. The title alone already implies one side is correct and the other in error. It leaves no room for real debate. It turns people like me away from CC as a whole and gives a false representation of all of CC when a small few are causing such offense to an even smaller minority. I know that most of the people I have ecountered on CC have be nice Christians who don't attack other Christian's beliefs, but a small group of CC members have targeted one specific group of Christians and made a whole thread about it. Statistically speaking, 50% of the world's Christian population is Catholic. That's half of all Christians already being turned away from CC because of one thread exists as an attack on them and them alone. If that is how those who make and perpetuate that thread intend to Evangelize, then I am suprised if anyone listens to their message at all.

S

suaso

Never mind...I think it will be best for all involved if I just quit coming to CC. I've said all I have to say, really. Being here isn't going to help me grow in my faith and it isn't going to help others grow in theirs, so I want to at least be able to say I left in peace before more damage is done on either end.

pax et bonum,
- Suaso

R

Rosinsky

Never mind...I think it will be best for all involved if I just quit coming to CC. I've said all I have to say, really. Being here isn't going to help me grow in my faith and it isn't going to help others grow in theirs, so I want to at least be able to say I left in peace before more damage is done on either end.

pax et bonum,
- Suaso
Suaso,

To be honest with you, I, too, have been considering to quit coming to CC. This is not because of the disagreements and the diverse beliefs that exist in here, but more because of how these beliefs are expressed towards those who oppose to them. The approaches, regardless on how much the poster may justify them, are wrong and ungodly and ultimately make CC appear to be a very unloving place.

However, when you get past those people who behave this way as well as taking a look at other forums here on CC, you realize that CC had the potential to be one of the best, if not the best, Christian places on the net and it would be unwise to leave just because a few people do not behave the way they should when expressing their views. I do think the moderators could manage the forums better, but without knowing more about the leadership here I can't pass any judgment. They have a life outside of CC and other things to take are of.

Having that said, I would encourage you to stay. But if you feel compelled to leave, then I don't see how you could be at fault.

God bless!

A

Ancilla

But that other thread is creating all the problem because it singles out one specific group of Christians. And it does not do so in a healty way. The title alone already implies one side is correct and the other in error. It leaves no room for real debate. It turns people like me away from CC as a whole and gives a false representation of all of CC when a small few are causing such offense to an even smaller minority.
Well said, this is why I really shuttered when I read the title of that thread, because yeah, it's just such a bad witness when we do this mud-slinging. Like, I can understand where Roaringkitten was coming from in that she saw how Jesus passionately opposed hypocrites and whatnot and thought "Well, this is what Catholics teach, this is how it differs from the Bible and I'm going to let everyone know and not appologize for it." But, it's just not that simple. Before we take on Jesus' passionate anger against false doctrines we need to remember that Jesus was always right and we're not always right.

And I've said it before, Protestants are wrong about things too. On Oprah yesterday they were talking about families who've been caught up in the current ecomonic crisis. There was one couple who had both been layed off and not long after their child become very sick and required a hospital stay that ate up a big part of their savings. This is why I'm so glad I don't live in the USA. I could not imagine hesitating taking my child* to the doctor because it would wipe out my savings. So that begs the question, why aren't American Christians leading the fight for universal health care for children?? Instead I see American Evangelicals supporting candidates that oppose such a position. Why is that???? Didn't Jesus say that whatever we do for the least of these we do for him??? There's a lot along those lines that I wonder about, but instead of pointing fingers, it's more important tha I seek to understand.

Like for example, I learned in university that studies investigating why the USA has a higher teen pregnancy rate than their industrialized counterparts, the conclusion is that the "anstainace only" sex ed. Anstaince sex ed in a "just do it" culture is really a bad idea. Especailly considering how many teens do not have a stay at home parent and therefore they have unsupervised time after school. So, what I did was, I looked on the internet for the position of those who supported this position. Why? Because I don't critizes something until I really understand.

So, my point is this: instead of giving Catholics a hard time about doctrines they hold that contrary (as Roaringkitten see it anyway) to the Bible, maybe it would be a better idea if she just asked "Hey Catholics, how do you Biblically justify..." It's not like that questions don't have answers.

*I don't have any kids, but over Christmas I changed my nephew's diaper and there was a streak of fresh blood in his stool. I freaked out and called the public health nurse. She asked me some important questions and then told me which after hours clinic to take him to. The whole thing didn't cost my sister's family a dime.

A

Ancilla

Like for example, I learned in university that studies investigating why the USA has a higher teen pregnancy rate than their industrialized counterparts, the conclusion is that the "anstainace only" sex ed. Anstaince sex ed in a "just do it" culture is really a bad idea. Especailly considering how many teens do not have a stay at home parent and therefore they have unsupervised time after school. So, what I did was, I looked on the internet for the position of those who supported this position. Why? Because I don't critizes something until I really understand.
Sorry, I should clarify I do support sex ed programs that stress the benefits of abstinance. The problem is (from what I've read) is the belief that if sex ed progams teach condom use that kids who never thought of having sex would suddenly start having sex if they knew how to use condoms. Controlled studies have not supported that because that's basically implying that most teens who want to have sex don't beause they don't know how to protect themselves. If only that were true!!!!!! The truth of the matter is that teens that want to have sex will do so whether or not they know how to reduce the risk.

I really don't mean to get off topic, but I just had clarify what I meant lest anyone misunderstand me.

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
To Whom It Concerns,

It is important that we always fight the good fight of faith (1Tim 6:12). It would be to your edification to read the following portions of scripture and sincerely consider them because of the example they set.

Acts 15:1 - 16:4 Notice verses; 15:2, 5-11,18,19,24,27,28,32,37-41

Rom 14:1-10

1Tim 1:1-15

Hopefully, these will help give perspective for the things that we should earnestly contend for in the faith (Jude 3).

A

Ancilla

pax et bonum,
- Suaso
Well, I don't want you to go, but if you don't find this site helpful, then I guess that's up to you. I've found that (generally speaking) when you have Christians together someone is bound to say something well meaning but misguided and it's unltimately hurtful. But, sometimes it's hard to make people see things that way. Like, I think I told someone on another thread that he sounded racist. Now, I don't believe he was a racist, by any means, and he probably thought "Well, I am not a racist therefore I don't have to worry about sounding racisit." However, if one says something that sounds racisit and they also identify themselves a Christian then non-Christians will think Christians are racist, and we obviously don't want that because then we're not giving non-Christians an accurate view of Jesus.

However, you just can't always make people see things that way. If they don't get it, there's not a lot you can do to convince them otherwise. So in otherwords, you just have to remember there are people who... [I don't know what word to use here that won't sound condensending] and you just can't be loosing sleep over them.

Oh, and by the way, I can't remember if I asked you what your name meant. Did I? And if I did you answer me, because I forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.