Was Adam gay?

  • Thread starter Thread starter smithbr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

smithbr8

Guest
Only reason I ask this is because I'm re-reading the Bible and I'm at the very VERY beginning. It says that God made Adam first, then Eve from his rib. At least as far as I understand it. So, if Eve was made from the rib, wouldn't that mean that she had male parts, even if it's just a rib? Since Adam had sex with Eve to have Cain and Abel (at least I'm assuming they had sex. Were Cain and Abel also immaculate conception?) wouldn't that mean that Adam had sex with a person with male parts....well, part? I'm trying to put everything in the Bible into correct context and make sure I have no misunderstanding of it, but this part just struck me as odd.
 
For that matter, why isn't Adam considered the Son of God? I don't see where his mother is mentioned. Did I miss it? :(
 
No Adam was not gay...just because Eve was made from a rib does not make her male in terms of sex. The only body parts that determine sex is obviously the genitalia. Eve was fully woman just as it is written.
 
Reading Genesis 1 and 2, it is clear that the LORD made a woman from the rib. Nowhere is there evidence that she had any kind of male anatomy. That is mere speculation, and honestly, corrupts the creation of God.

Listing the lineage of Jesus Christ, Luke said this:

Luke 3:38 "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God."

God Bless
 
why would it strike you as odd, adam was a man, eve a woman they were not gay. why would you even think that, please get your head examined.
 
Only reason I ask this is because I'm re-reading the Bible and I'm at the very VERY beginning. It says that God made Adam first, then Eve from his rib. At least as far as I understand it. So, if Eve was made from the rib, wouldn't that mean that she had male parts, even if it's just a rib? Since Adam had sex with Eve to have Cain and Abel (at least I'm assuming they had sex. Were Cain and Abel also immaculate conception?) wouldn't that mean that Adam had sex with a person with male parts....well, part? I'm trying to put everything in the Bible into correct context and make sure I have no misunderstanding of it, but this part just struck me as odd.

God created Adam. No, Adam did not have an earthly mother or father because he was created out of dust. God created Eve, a WOMAN, from Adam's rib. Eve did NOT have any male parts. :) Yes Adam & Eve had sex to conceive Cain and Abel, so nope they were not immaculate conception. Only Jesus had that honor. :)
 
For that matter, why isn't Adam considered the Son of God? I don't see where his mother is mentioned. Did I miss it? :(
Here is what you are missing:
In your profile under ''When saved'' you stated, ''I want to be, but unfortunately, never will be able to''.

Why do you believe you ''never will be able to''?
 
why would it strike you as odd, adam was a man, eve a woman they were not gay. why would you even think that, please get your head examined.

She didn't say she thought they were gay. She asked if, since Eve was taken from Adam's rib, did she also have male parts. The answer is no.
 
She didn't say she thought they were gay. She asked if, since Eve was taken from Adam's rib, did she also have male parts. The answer is no.

wouldn't that mean that Adam had sex with a person with male parts....well, part?

Erm... this line would equate to homosexuality. Also, the very title of the thread 'was Adam gay?'.

The bigger issue is why EE has to be so rude to someone trying to learn.
 
Wow!! You need help with understanding what the Lord is saying in Genesis. The Lord often uses people to explain His principles, people who lived many thousands of years ago. You need to know something of the culture and thoughts of those people to understand what God is telling you for today. We have many men who have gone through any writings, etc. from those times who can help you. Archeology has been kind to us.

Adam was simply man, neither male or female. We are not told exactly how he was constructed sexually. There are many things of our world that God has not told us because we just don't need to know it. It would be like a car demanding to know the name of the man who worked on constructing his windshield. What we need to know is that a part of Adam was made into female and they were made to fit together again through sex. The sex was a rejoining, and the two become one again. This becomes marriage, and all God means for marriage, developing into family with all family means.

All of what you will be studying has many layers of meaning, you need to be open to all of them. It gives actual literal happenings, but always there are layers and layers of spiritual meaning to all of it, too. When we aren't told something, it is because we just don't need to know and probably wouldn't understand if God set us down in a classroom giving us instructions in how He did it.
 
Woman means taken out of man, so while similar in some respects this makes the woman a different creature. Adam does not have a mother, Adam was formed out of the dust of the earth and made in God's image. As where woman was formed out of the flesh of man in his image to be a help meet for him since God saw that he was lonely. Note also when Adam gives the woman her name, Eve, which is to mean the mother of all living.

Also Cain and Abel were not made by immaculate conception lol, Genesis 4 is pretty blunt in stating that Adam and Eve had sex and bore Cain and then bore Abel (and then later bore Seth and other sons and daughters.)
 
Wow.

As an atheist I'll be honest and say I look to poke as many holes in the bible as I can but to say that Adam was gay is something I wouldn't even grasp at.
 
no adam not gay......God formed adam out of the dust of the earth....

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

he formed him, like a potter does his work... he formed adam into his on likeness.
an yes he took the rib from adam to make eve his wife, she had no male parts...she was all female... God called her female cause she was taken from man.

while adam an eve was still in the garden they knew no sin, they where perfect. they sinned when they took part of the forbidden fruit. they broke the only commandment God gave them, after they had eaten of it they knew right from wrong,good an bad,righteousness an evil. God could not allow them to stay in the garden he kicked them out..( gen ch 3)
cain an abel came after this. ( gen ch 4)
 
no adam not gay......God formed adam out of the dust of the earth....

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

he formed him, like a potter does his work... he formed adam into his on likeness.
an yes he took the rib from adam to make eve his wife, she had no male parts...she was all female... God called her female cause she was taken from man.

while adam an eve was still in the garden they knew no sin, they where perfect. they sinned when they took part of the forbidden fruit. they broke the only commandment God gave them, after they had eaten of it they knew right from wrong,good an bad,righteousness an evil. God could not allow them to stay in the garden he kicked them out..( gen ch 3)
cain an abel came after this.
( gen ch 4)
Are you saying that sex is sinful?
 
Are you serious......wow......now I have heard it all.......! Adam and EVE......not ADAM and STEVE!
 
Only reason I ask this is because I'm re-reading the Bible and I'm at the very VERY beginning. It says that God made Adam first, then Eve from his rib. At least as far as I understand it. So, if Eve was made from the rib, wouldn't that mean that she had male parts, even if it's just a rib? Since Adam had sex with Eve to have Cain and Abel (at least I'm assuming they had sex. Were Cain and Abel also immaculate conception?) wouldn't that mean that Adam had sex with a person with male parts....well, part? I'm trying to put everything in the Bible into correct context and make sure I have no misunderstanding of it, but this part just struck me as odd.


anybody can find this out with 30 minutes of homework, the bible does not really address women very much, obviously wives and daughters, usually it's the firstborn male who is announced or men of importance

I am sorry but this is not really intellectually honest
 
Only reason I ask this is because I'm re-reading the Bible and I'm at the very VERY beginning. It says that God made Adam first, then Eve from his rib. At least as far as I understand it. So, if Eve was made from the rib, wouldn't that mean that she had male parts, even if it's just a rib? Since Adam had sex with Eve to have Cain and Abel (at least I'm assuming they had sex. Were Cain and Abel also immaculate conception?) wouldn't that mean that Adam had sex with a person with male parts....well, part? I'm trying to put everything in the Bible into correct context and make sure I have no misunderstanding of it, but this part just struck me as odd.

Male = Adam Female = Eve GOD = GENIUS

It's crazy isn't it. GOD is just omniscient in it's purest form. EVE was not created from a rib. Rib in Hebrew means Tsela translated to English it's 'SIDE'. So there is a huge possibility that EVE was made from ADAM split in half. GOD put ADAM into a deep sleep and split him in half and created EVE from a split half of ADAM. Also look at the females. There is no other perfection that is as fantastic as a female. GOD is just that incredible. ADAM & EVE were the only one of mankind to not have belly buttons.

Why is Adam not the SON OF GOD that comment also comes from an idiot who goes by the stupid name of Dr Zakir Naik. That is one of his most ridiculous gronk arguments that JESUS IS NOT THE SON OF GOD and that it should or is Adam himself. Than can be easily refuted when I screamed at YouTube because the dim-wit who asked the question sold out to JESUS ( or was that the Indian guy who asked the ? )...aaarrrggghhhh. I was screaming open your mouth and say 'ADAM was made from DIRT! Dr Zakir Naik. DIRT I tell you!!! Adam was made from DIRT okay! Think about it and meditate on it and it will come to you. JESUS was the first born of all creation. JESUS is GOD. The Father The Son and The Holy Spirit are eternal.

JESUS was born from the virgin Mary. The Holy Spirit placed the Lord in His mothers womb. And JESUS. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: [SUP]7 [/SUP]But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[SUP]8 [/SUP]And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
[SUP]10 [/SUP]That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
[SUP]11 [/SUP]And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

That passage right there tells you the audacity of His love and why He is the Son of GOD. You want to know what humility is all about. Then you need to meditate why He did want to be equal with GOD. Here's one for you. It is because He wanted to love and to be loved for He who is LOVE not what He can do. He could've appeared out of no where like a titan but He didn't. He just chose to be like me and you. Now that is humility nothing can ever beat it.

Only GOD can do such a thing. No one else.

Remember JESUS is eternal. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God


JESUS is the beginning and the end the ALPHA and the OMEGA. Did Adam ever say that? No Adam said stuff all. So how can anyone possibly think Adam is the Son of GOD when it's quite clear Adam was a timid little child.

EVE is a woman created perfectly for man by a such an awesome GOD

JESUS is the SON OF GOD. Who created ADAM. Okay. Hope that helps!
​