Was Adam Made Holy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 10, 2019
The notion God created angels who will do nothing but obey like angel robots is taking the elect predestination thing way to far. the was a war in heaven God didn’t tell angels to wear a vest and blow them selves up yea extreme view but that is the war lord mentality control freak do everything I say.

everything outside of God is literately Fallible even the angels for there was a war in heaven because of it.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No he did not but it’s clear in scripture that in order for a human to live for ever takes both trees being eaten from.
does it? how do we know that if there was no sin found in Adam he would not have eternal life?
how long do angels live; what kind of life do they have?

Jun 10, 2019
The tree of life in the garden was a physical tree in a physical world with physical mana as long as the tree is in the physical so could they who ate from it, the tree of life in the spiritual is a spiritual tree with spiritual mana

Jun 10, 2019
does it? how do we know that if there was no sin found in Adam he would not have eternal life?
how long do angels live; what kind of life do they have?
Correct eternal life is way different than physical life would you agree, they could have live for billions of yrs in the physical world then lived forever in a spiritual world.

Jun 10, 2019
I don’t think this universe is for ever so I don’t think they could of lived in a physical world for ever either.

Jun 10, 2019
I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven Jesus said......my personal view.....Genesis 1, 2 is a renovation of what was destroyed when Satan was cast out.....there are a few scriptures that seem to hint at this.......many reject this, not a test of fellowship, but what I believe based upon my 30 plus years of study.....
Have you studied how much power is in lightning, it contains roughly one billion (1,000,000,000) joules of energy that’s a lot of power that fell and was put to the ground rendered powerless.

Mar 28, 2016
So Adam was sinful before he and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?
Because they were under a good law they had the potential to do the will of another. They chose the voice of the creature. No faith in God not seen. What which was good was now corrupted. . . witnessed by corrupted flesh that needed covering to hide their nakedness .

Even the Son of man in the flesh. Which he says in John 6 profits for nothing as the things seen the temporal. When accused of being the good master knowing no man can serve two . . . The Son of man said God alone is good. The word good is the invisible signature or seal of our father in heaven. Jesus as the Son of man refused to stand in the holy unseen place of the glory of God. . . .a abomination of desolation .

Matthew 19:16-18 King James Version (KJV) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Because they were under a good law they had the potential to do the will of another. They chose the voice of the creature. No faith in God not seen. What which was good was now corrupted. . . witnessed by corrupted flesh that needed covering to hide their nakedness .

Even the Son of man in the flesh. Which he says in John 6 profits for nothing as the things seen the temporal. When accused of being the good master knowing no man can serve two . . . The Son of man said God alone is good. The word good is the invisible signature or seal of our father in heaven. Jesus as the Son of man refused to stand in the holy unseen place of the glory of God. . . .a abomination of desolation .

Matthew 19:16-18 King James Version (KJV) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Garee, respectfully, my question was to PS directly.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
That question is best directed to PS, who made the assertion in the post #95.
I believe you may have simply misunderstood what was stated: "Adam was flesh and eventually all flesh sins." This would be a reference to humanity in general. Nothing about Christ or whether He sinned (which was impossible).
Even before Adam sinned, he was not holy as God is Holy.
Adam (the creature) cannot be compared to God (the Creator). But Adam was free from sin until he sinned. The issue of holiness was moot, since there was no sin present in the world. Holiness pertains to separation from sin and evil. That is also the meaning of sanctification.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I would suggest two kinds of good according to the word of God. One that was good when it was created . Two, good for nothing as corrupted.
You can suggest anything you like, but if you want your position to be consistent with the teaching of Scripture, you will have to abandon your erroneous ideas. The one basic meaning of "good" is consistent. While the phrase, "good for nothing" means the opposite, it does so only as a complete phrase, and doesn't change the meaning of the word "good" but in fact preserves the meaning.

Yes was good when he created it. Not after he corrupted it. . . as the wrath of God being revealed even today as dying creation.

Jesus said of his own flesh as a demonstration it profits for nothing. No spiritual value. I beleive we neither wrestle against flesh and blood or are strengthened by it. it is the witness of men .The witness of God is always greater.

Romans 8:2-4 King James Version (KJV) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the
Spirit.

Did he say that for nothing or so that the Father who poured out his Spirit life on the flesh of the Son of man might be heard of on high? Roman 8 above informs us the temporal bodies of death must of been signified as sinful in order to do what the letter of the law could not do. Create faithfully as a labor of Christ love anew.

What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life John 6:62-68
This is all irrelevant to your claim that the earth was corrupted on day four.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
you are misusing the word holy

holy is to be separated or separate

God tells us to be holy as He is holy

is He setting an impossible mark?

nope...He is telling us to identify with Him and not the world and its systems

the thread asks the wrong question. was Adam made sinless should have been the question

in fact, yes, Adam was made sinless. read Genesis and you will find that to be so

be holy. dedicate yourself to God
We can live a life that is holy and pleasing unto God, but we are not Holy as God is Holy.

7seasrekeyed

We can live a life that is holy and pleasing unto God, but we are not Holy as God is Holy.
I see

were you questioning the holiness of God?

otherwise your response is basically a non sequitur

no one made the comparison

PS

Jan 11, 2013
So when God said let us make man in our own image he created a sinful human?
Gods's creation was good, and we are like Him knowing good from evil, but we succumbed to temptation and sin entered in.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
But if they had not eaten would they still be alive today?

We know they did, if so, then we must assume God knew they would.
They either disobeyed God or were led astray by another person, either way both Adam and Eve demonstrated their God given freewill. God did not create zombies, and He wants us to love, follow and obey Him of our own freewill.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
These verses are irrelevant to your assertion, "Adam was flesh and eventually all flesh sins."
Those verses tell us that we are not holy as God is holy.

Nov 26, 2012
Magenta, be careful with your doctrine. :)
Men has seen Jesus, and Jesus is God. but Jesus is fully man also, they saw the Man Jesus
the Bible states no man has seen God.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son,
which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. (KJV)
That’s not a proper translation. The verse states that no one has seen “Theon” (the Ultimate Supreme Father) accept Jesus the Son who is theos (a god).

7seasrekeyed

sometimes it is good to just never mind cause some folks are just not on the same comprehension level