Was Jesus' physical body created or from everlasting? What about his soul and spirit?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
I know that scripture says that Jesus is of the order of Melchizedek and talks about him in Hebrews 7:3: "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. "

This is interesting to me because at the same time mentioning that Jesus is without beginning or end, the verse says that he is made. How can someone be made without a time when they are made? I am thinking this relates to his being God and yet man.

Also, many Christians consider a person to be made of (1) a body, (2) a soul, and (3) a spirit. Did Jesus have these three aspects and were all of them eternal or were some or all of them made?

I notice in Revelation we find that he is the beginning and the end (Rev 1:8). The beginning and the end of what, if he is without beginning and end according to the order of Melchizedek?

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
It's not all that difficult to show that Jesus is biologically related to David,
and from thence to Eve, and to Adam and the dust with which Adam was
constructed.

Jesus was on track to ascend David's throne. (Luke 1:32) The thing is: any
and all candidates for David's throne have to be among his royal posterity
biologically; no exceptions.

Ps 89:35-36 . . Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto
David. His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.

Ps 132:11 . .The Lord has sworn in truth unto David; and He will not turn
from it: "Of the fruit of your body will I set upon your throne.

The New Testament verifies that Jesus satisfies the biological requirement in
those Psalms.

Acts 2:29-30 . . Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the
patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us
unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn
with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he
would raise up Christ to sit on his throne.

Rom 1:1-3 . . Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David
according to the flesh

The Greek word for "seed" in that passage is sperma (sper'-mah) which is a
bit ambiguous because it can refer to spiritual progeny as well as to
biological progeny; for example:

Gal 3:29 . . If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed.

Abraham's seed in that verse obviously refers to spiritual progeny; whereas
David's seed in the passages above refers to biological progeny because
David's seed is 1) the fruit of his body and 2) according to the flesh.
_

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Re: What about his soul and spirit?

Jesus is identified as the Son of Man on numerous occasions. In order for
that to be true, he had to be a previous man's posterity.

Gen 2:7 . . And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and
breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

That right there was the beginning of Jesus' humanness; and not long after,
he's shown to be Eve's biological posterity.

Gen 3:15 . . And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and
between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt
bruise his heel.

That's pretty much agreed upon by both sides of the aisle to be predicting
Jesus.
_

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I know that scripture says that Jesus is of the order of Melchizedek and talks about him in Hebrews 7:3: "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. "

This is interesting to me because at the same time mentioning that Jesus is without beginning or end, the verse says that he is made. How can someone be made without a time when they are made? I am thinking this relates to his being God and yet man.

Also, many Christians consider a person to be made of (1) a body, (2) a soul, and (3) a spirit. Did Jesus have these three aspects and were all of them eternal or were some or all of them made?

I notice in Revelation we find that he is the beginning and the end (Rev 1:8). The beginning and the end of what, if he is without beginning and end according to the order of Melchizedek?
This is a very deep question. One I could spend several pages on. So I'll just address some surface things.

"..but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually" refers to Melchizedek, not Christ.

Here's the section from the beginning:

"For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” 3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

One could make a case that the body of Jesus the man was made like other men, inside the womb of a woman, but His Spirit was always from God: uncorrupted, holy, and without sin. His body was corruptible and could die (we see that) but His spirit and soul remained incorrupted by His will. When He was raised as Christ He was given a new body that could not be corrupted.

Jesus certainly had a body, soul, and spirit. Also, He "learned obedience by the things He suffered". Obedience to God was a decision Jesus had to make. He had to submit His own desires (from His soul) to His Father's Spirit, and He clearly had desires that were not from God (if it be possible, take this cup from me NEVERTHELESS, YOUR WILL BE DONE). These things are clearly seen in scripture.

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Hebrews 10:5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said: “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Respectfully, you are asking questions that would not need to be asked if you read the passage more carefully.

The text states that Melchizedek is without father, mother, descent, etc. It doesn't say those things about Jesus. The punctuation and structure are important; only the last statement relates to the Son of God, not the whole sentence. Melchizedek was made like unto the Son of God in this respect: "he abideth a priest continually". He wasn't "made, like the Son of God...".

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
There is a controversial claim out there about finding the blood and DNA analysis of it showed only 23 chromosomes with only an added "Y" chromosome. The rest of us have 46, 23 from the mother (who contributes an X chromosome) and the 23 from the father (who contributes either an X or a Y chromosome either of which is the determining factor of the child's gender). Whether this claim can be substantiated is irrelevant to the value of this possibility's significance in illustrating the Spirit of God uniting with the flesh of Man to 'become' the Son of Man and still qualifying as the Son of God.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
The basic requirement for a Melchizedekian priest is immortality; which
effective rules out all the Mormon men who claim to be priests after the
order of Melchizedek.

Secondly, the post is a High Priest position. Well; the Bible's high priests
operate solo, i.e. one man at a time, viz: they do not function within a
fraternity of high priests, plus; the man isn't replaced until he's dead. That,
again, rules out Mormonism's Melchizedekian priests because they are too
many at a time.

Thirdly, God hand-picks Melchizedekian priests, viz: no man takes this honor
unto himself just because he's old enough and been a Mormon long enough.
This isn't something men graduate into like a Th.D. degree.

Fourth; the order of Melchizedek isn't an order. In other words: his
replacements do not have to be biologically related to him like Aaron's
replacements. Anybody hand-picked by God can serve; both Jew and Gentile
alike, viz: one's genealogy is irrelevant.

Fifth: Melchizedekian priests are taken from among men, i.e. they are all
supposed to be bona fide human beings rather than spirit beings disguised in
one of James Cameron's genetically engineered organisms, a.k.a. an Avatar.
_

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
FAQ: From whence did baby Jesus obtain a Y chromosome for his male
gender?

REPLY: In the beginning, Eve's entire body-- inside and out, front to back,
top to bottom, and side to side --was constructed with material taken from
Adam's body. (Gen 2:21-22) So if God could construct an entire woman
from material taken from a man's body, then it shouldn't be too difficult for
Him to construct a teensy little chromosome from material taken from a
woman's body.

Seeing as how Eve is the mother of all women (Gen 3:20 & Acts 17:26) then
any material taken from Mary's body to construct a Y chromosome for baby
Jesus would be owed to Eve's body; and by construction: Adam's body.

The beauty of it is that a Y chromosome constructed with material taken
from Mary's body wouldn't be an alien substance created ex nihilo; but
would be 100% natural, and easily traceable all the way back to Eve, and
from thence to Adam.

I sincerely believe that what I suggest herein actually took place when the
power of the Most High overshadowed Jesus' mom per Luke 1:35; and if my
suggestion is true, then little Jesus was thoroughly a Jew-- biologically
descended not only from David and Abraham as all other Jews, but also from
the Man that God created in the book of Genesis.

Heb 2:17 . . He had to be made like his brethren in every way.
_

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

Jesus is God. Jesus in the flesh is the visible manifestation of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15). He existed before He came to this earth. Now we know that God is Spirit (John 4:24) and that Jesus received His human nature from Mary. So Jesus received His soul at conception.

Hebrews 7:3 is referring to Melchizedek being made like the Son of God.

It helps to remember that Adam was created in God's image. Jesus is the Last Adam; fulfilling all the righteous requirements of God. He did this as Man, not God.

Saul-to-Paul

Jun 5, 2017

1. mind
2. body
3. soul/spirit

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Thread Title ---

Was Jesus' physical body created or from everlasting? What about his soul and spirit?

When God created Adam He created him to live forever --so until he sinned his body was everlasting ---and his spirit and soul were everlasting ---as Spirits don't die and all spirits have a soul -----sin brought death to the body

Adam was created from the dust of the Ground ------Adam was Created in God's image ---God is a Spiritual Being ---and He possessed a soul ------so Adam had a Spirit and Soul -----and in order to live in this Physical world that God Created ----God made a body out of the dust of the ground -------so Adam's Spirit and soul was housed in a Physical body -------Adam was an adult when he was created ----His Spirit and soul were everlasting ---since he sinned ---his body would die and remain here and return to the dust of the earth

Jesus was conceived and formed as we are in the womb of a woman ---Jesus is the Living Word who became Flesh -----Jesus was always God the Son -----so Jesus was and is a Spirit who possesses a soul and when He was born of a Woman His Spirit and Soul were housed in a Physical body ------So Jesus was 100% Divine --and 100% human -----

His Physical body was created like ours is in the womb ------the difference is ------we are conceived by the sperm of a man ---Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit ------

So Jesus Body was made everlasting ----and you see that as there was no body in the tomb -----His body transfigured ==like what happened on the Mountain------His physical body became a Spiritual body --

Matthew 17:1-13 NIV

The Transfiguration
17 After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.

2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.

3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

Elijah -----was Raptured before his death ---his body was transformed and that will happen at the Rapture of the Saints before the tribulation happens ------

Enoch was also Raptured before he died ------

Jan 19, 2023

ORIGINsm.jpg

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Jesus is a "begotten" son. (John 1:14, John 1:18, John 3:16, John 3:18, Heb
11:17, 1John 4:9) which is quite different than a son who never had a
beginning via birth.

However; there is a way to exist prior to one's birth.

For example: Hebrews 7:9-10 says Levi paid a tenth with Abraham before
he was born because he existed in Abraham's loins all along.

Carry that thought to Micah 5:2 where it says:

"But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of
Judah, from you one will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth
are from long ago, from the days of eternity."

The Hebrew word translated "goings forth" pertain to posterity, i.e. family
descent. In other words: though Jesus was not yet born of God in Abraham's
day; he could legitimately say he pre-existed Abraham because he was in
God's loins, so to speak. In point of fact, 1John 3:9 speaks of God's
genetics. So the thing I'm talking about isn't some sort of fantasy brought
on by the chemo therapy I'm currently undergoing for esophageal cancer.

FAQ: Why are so many Christians confused about Christ's origin?

REPLY: No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the
Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."
(Matt 11:27)
_

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Well there you have it. Jesus is the ETERNAL Word of God, without beginning and without end. Yet He chose to become fully sinless Man. So His body was (and is) an actual human body, but since His resurrection it is now a transformed glorious immortal and perfect body.

Jan 19, 2023
Well there you have it. Jesus is the ETERNAL Word of God, without beginning and without end. Yet He chose to become fully sinless Man. So His body was (and is) an actual human body, but since His resurrection it is now a transformed glorious immortal and perfect body.
!!!!!!lolololol.gif

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Critical word above is MADE like a Son of God... The Body Jesus traversed this world in was made.. But His Spirit was in the beggining.. Jesus was and is The Word of God and the Word was with God and the Word was God..

Correct His Spirit was not made.. His physical body was made..

Note what John 1 reveals..

(John 1:1) "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. {2} The same was in the beginning with God.

So in the beggining Jesus WAS already existing.. The above verse is not saying that Jesus was created in the beggining.. He was already existant..

John 1{3} All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. {4} In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

Jesus made the Universe. Jesus was the Creator.. Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit are One..

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
Thanks everyone for your comments. When the word calls Jesus the beginning and the end in Revelation 1:8, what is the beginning referring to specifically, and what is the end referring to specifically?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks everyone for your comments. When the word calls Jesus the beginning and the end in Revelation 1:8, what is the beginning referring to specifically, and what is the end referring to specifically?
Eternity past and eternity future. After all God is "from EVERLASTING to EVERLASTING".