Was sex Adam and Eve part of the curse

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
:rolleyes:Is any man born a husband entitled to a wife? Is any woman born a wife entitled to a husband?

Did God consummate it in bed with Israel in these verses? You know "two become one flesh" is referring to consummation of marriage in bed, right?

Yeah blame the lord for that. "I did not come to bring peace, but a sword," Matt. 10:34.

How did the couple get married in the first place?

Don't quote Gen. 2:24 then if you insist it was a one-time event. You quote it, you acknowledge that Gen. 2:18-24 is God's design for marriage.

Also, what Gen. 2:24 states is for the couple to build their own family unit independent of their families, and they also should consummate their marriage in bed. It doesn't say one should go find a partner and get married. The preamble that leads to Gen. 2:24 is Gen. 2:18-22 which is NOT a "one time event".
Lovette, you don’t have to get married. Sounds like you need some healing first before even thinking about it. I’m not always big on counseling, but in your case, I think you need it, and would benefit from it. (If your insurance would cover it)
 
Lovette, you don’t have to get married. Sounds like you need some healing first before even thinking about it. I’m not always big on counseling, but in your case, I think you need it, and would benefit from it. (If your insurance would cover it)
Getting married or not is not up to you. Man proposes, God disposes. You can desire or plan whatever you want, the result is up to God.
 
Hmm, okay. So now what’re you gonna do?
The rational choice - not desire what's unattainable. One philosophy in my culture is that, the root of all agony is the desire for what you can't get, which is more or less a variant of the tenth commandment - you shall not covet.
 
The rational choice - not desire what's unattainable. One philosophy in my culture is that, the root of all agony is the desire for what you can't get, which is more or less a variant of the tenth commandment - you shall not covet.
Weird. So you’re a Jew right?
 
I'm red pilled. I don't put labels on myself as much as I don't put targets on myself.
Well you’ve got that Jewish candle thing in your avatar. Anyway, if you are Jewish, then why not get on Jewish chat. You’re obviously not buying all this that anyone is saying.
 
Well you’ve got that Jewish candle thing in your avatar. Anyway, if you are Jewish, then why not get on Jewish chat. You’re obviously not buying all this that anyone is saying.
Again, I'm not fond of labels, neither do I put labels on others and judge accordingly. You should do the same.
 
Again, I'm not fond of labels, neither do I put labels on others and judge accordingly. You should do the same.
Well, okay. So, there’s no baseline that we can talk about. Hmm. Let’s start with something basic. Do you believe that Jesus was the Messiah?
 
The recorded Lord Jesus in the bible, whose works testify of Him. That one.
The Lord began the Olivet Discourse with this warning, did he not? “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many."
 
The Lord began the Olivet Discourse with this warning, did he not? “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many."
We know all that duh. But why be so defensive? Look, we’re no better than you. What is something that irritates you about Christians?
 
I believe the tabernacle in the wilderness was a temporary measure, it was never meant to be permanent.
yes I understand the tabernacle in the wilderness "was never meant to be permanent".

Does that mean the tabernacle was unnecessary during the time it was "a temporary measure"? ... even in our day and time there is relevance in studying the tabernacle ... have you ever studied how the tabernacle reflects the Lord Jesus Christ?



Neither Moses nor any of these other names had access to God through the Holy Spirit, we do, therefore your argument is irrelevant.
Do you really believe Moses had "no access to God through the Holy Spirit? Have you ever read Numbers 11:16-25?

While I understand that what was made available to the born again believer after the Lord Jesus Christ ascended up into heaven is a change from what was available before He ascended, the same Holy Spirit which was at work during OT times is the same Holy Spirit at work in our day and time.



therefore your argument is irrelevant.
nope ... it is totally relevant in refuting your claim that just because marriage is a mere "reflection" of a deeper truth that means the "reflection" is irrelevant ... just like the tabernacle reflecting the Lord Jesus Christ is not "irrelevant" and the marriage relationship reflecting a great mystery is not "irrelevant".

.