Watch out for scammers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
How do I hide my email on this website, I didn’t even give it to anyone.

Feb 5, 2023
How do I hide my email on this website, I didn’t even give it to anyone.
You can go to your profile and click the Privacy link there. Then on that page it will show you options as to who can see information about you. Click that box beside each option and choose nobody.

Then your profile is unable to be accessed by anyone.

I did that on my account after reading your thread.

I don't know if you really can delete your email from your account here.

Remember, some community sites sell its member email addresses to mail lists.
This happens off line too. State DMV's sell license holders contact info to mail and call lists.
Registrar of deeds does too.

If you have a discount shopping card that you can swipe to get special prices on stuff or discounts, those card companies also sell your contact info. And they keep track of your purchases.

Shopping sites do too. Walmart, Amazon, and the like.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
You can go to your profile and click the Privacy link there. Then on that page it will show you options as to who can see information about you. Click that box beside each option and choose nobody.

This happens off line too. State DMV's sell license holders contact info to mail and call lists.

If you have a discount shopping card that you can swipe to get special prices on stuff or discounts, those card companies also sell your contact info. And they keep track of your purchases.

God bless you. 🤭
And don’t forget to save it.
Like I did. 🙄

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

True.
Many mega corporations list in their policies that they don't sell information, but many do anyhow. I trust small business and small companies more than the loyalty card ones.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
When I tried to make an online purchase with a known and trusted company, I got a page that required me to purchase using PayPal. I don't have a PayPal account. It gave no other options. I logged off and tried the next day without a hitch.

Now I got a couple of these as text messages. The first wanted me to confirm idenfying information to not be locked out of my account permanently. This is the one I recently got....

"Your A‌m‌az‌on Acc‌o‌unt has been locked. We recently received multiple failed login attempts to your acc‌o‌unt.

Re͏͏c͏͏‌o͏͏‌v͏e͏͏r͏͏y͏͏ y͏͏o͏͏u͏͏r͏͏ a͏͏c͏͏c͏͏‌o͏͏u͏͏‌n͏͏t͏͏ i͏͏‌m͏͏m͏͏e͏͏d͏͏‌i͏͏a͏͏t͏͏e͏͏l͏͏y͏͏ c͏͏‌l͏͏i͏͏‌c͏͏k͏͏ l͏͏i͏͏‌n͏͏k͏͏ b͏͏‌e͏͏l͏͏‌‌l͏͏o͏͏w͏͏:
http://...531897...onlinehome.us/authscust

P͏l͏e͏‌‌a͏s͏e͏ t͏a͏‌k͏e͏ a͏c͏t͏i͏‌o͏n͏ o͏n͏ y͏o͏u͏r͏ a͏c͏‌c͏o͏‌u͏n͏t͏ w͏i͏t͏‌‌h͏‌‌i͏n͏ 4͏‌8͏ h͏‌o͏u͏r͏s͏ t͏‌o͏ a͏v͏‌o͏‌i͏d͏ p͏‌e͏r͏m͏‌a͏n͏‌e͏n͏t͏ s͏u͏‌s͏p͏e͏‌n͏s͏i͏‌o͏n͏.

Regards,
Ama‌z‌on Ser‌v‌ice"

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When I tried to make an online purchase with a known and trusted company, I got a page that required me to purchase using PayPal. I don't have a PayPal account. It gave no other options. I logged off and tried the next day without a hitch.

Now I got a couple of these as text messages. The first wanted me to confirm idenfying information to not be locked out of my account permanently. This is the one I recently got....

"Your A‌m‌az‌on Acc‌o‌unt has been locked. We recently received multiple failed login attempts to your acc‌o‌unt.

Re͏͏c͏͏‌o͏͏‌v͏e͏͏r͏͏y͏͏ y͏͏o͏͏u͏͏r͏͏ a͏͏c͏͏c͏͏‌o͏͏u͏͏‌n͏͏t͏͏ i͏͏‌m͏͏m͏͏e͏͏d͏͏‌i͏͏a͏͏t͏͏e͏͏l͏͏y͏͏ c͏͏‌l͏͏i͏͏‌c͏͏k͏͏ l͏͏i͏͏‌n͏͏k͏͏ b͏͏‌e͏͏l͏͏‌‌l͏͏o͏͏w͏͏:
http://...531897...onlinehome.us/authscust

P͏l͏e͏‌‌a͏s͏e͏ t͏a͏‌k͏e͏ a͏c͏t͏i͏‌o͏n͏ o͏n͏ y͏o͏u͏r͏ a͏c͏‌c͏o͏‌u͏n͏t͏ w͏i͏t͏‌‌h͏‌‌i͏n͏ 4͏‌8͏ h͏‌o͏u͏r͏s͏ t͏‌o͏ a͏v͏‌o͏‌i͏d͏ p͏‌e͏r͏m͏‌a͏n͏‌e͏n͏t͏ s͏u͏‌s͏p͏e͏‌n͏s͏i͏‌o͏n͏.

Regards,
Ama‌z‌on Ser‌v‌ice"
IGNORE IT. gO TO YOUR aMAZON ACOUNT AND Send them a queiry. I have used Amazon for years and never received such a request from them.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
IGNORE IT. gO TO YOUR aMAZON ACOUNT AND Send them a queiry. I have used Amazon for years and never received such a request from them.
Thanks, but I never bought or sold anything on Amazon. That's why it looks like a scam .
I just got that text above after getting the following text supposedly from PayPal.

"
[PayPal Inc]

As a security check against your PayPal account has been restricted.

Please click on the following link to provide your information: xxxxxxxxx xxx/verify

If we do not receive a response to our verification attempt within the next 24 hours, we will permanently limit your account.

Thank you,
PayPal"

I just ignored it.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I have no idea what could be going on.
I tried to make an online purchase with my card, but was denied access to that option.
PayPal kept popping up as the only purchase option for this purchase from a company that wasn't Amazon. I didn't use it, but started a form when I thought that it seemed fishy. I backed out of the" PayPal" payment page and contacted customer service. I think it was some bot fishing for information but have no way of knowing now. Then my account on there was frozen and wouldn't allow a card payment until the following day.
I will try to report it to management at the company that I dealt with.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Thanks, but I never bought or sold anything on Amazon. That's why it looks like a scam .
I just got that text above after getting the following text supposedly from PayPal.

"
[PayPal Inc]

As a security check against your PayPal account has been restricted.

Please click on the following link to provide your information: xxxxxxxxx xxx/verify

If we do not receive a response to our verification attempt within the next 24 hours, we will permanently limit your account.

Thank you,
PayPal"

I just ignored it.
It’s quite normal to get scams here in Australia. They claim to be…..Amazon, Austpost, MyGov, parcel waiting and a link each time, for you to get scammed if you touch it.
Block the number
And delete the message.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
It’s quite normal to get scams here in Australia. They claim to be…..Amazon, Austpost, MyGov, parcel waiting and a link each time, for you to get scammed if you touch it.
Block the number
And delete the message.
Sounds like good advice.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Block the number
And delete the message.
Somehow they can keep on creating more numbers, so might be better to just delete delete delete.

Godsgirl1983

Feb 2, 2023
True.
Many mega corporations list in their policies that they don't sell information, but many do anyhow. I trust small business and small companies more than the loyalty card ones.
Unfortunately, this is a way to make money and several ministries do the same thing.
We sent monetary gifts to a couple ministries and all of a sudden we receive junk mail nearly every day from organizations wanting $$ (this was never an issue before )