Water baptism is necessary to be in the first resurrection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2021
yeah it was a pattern they were actually baptized into Moses covenant in the cloud ( his word ) and passing through the Red Sea ( water) they even partook of communion with the quail and water from the rock

“Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

and did all eat the same spiritual meat; and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭10:1-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Baptism also goes back to creation being submerged and dying in the flood even as Noah and his family were saved by grace through faith by the same water

so even those of Noah’s days were submerged into death

“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:3-

Even those of Noah’s days before the flood came now have heard the gospel in death bekng baptized and submerged in the flood dying for sin literally

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Even they had passed through a submersion of water , hearing the preacher of righteousness Noahs word.
Then Moses and the people passed through the sea on dry ground and heard the word of Moses from the cloud.

now the reality of Christ has come and the figures of Noah’s time and Moses time witness of baptism for remission of sins ,in christs name through his death , and hearing the word of Christ.

Which is further witnessed in the prophets and ministry of John the Baptist preparing the world for Christ offering baptism for repentance and remission of sins.

Everyone was baptized in figures but now the reality has come being baptized in Jesus name for remission of sins , and accepting and believing the gospel is salvation
Brother, this what you said is a falsehood = "Baptism also goes back to creation being submerged and dying in the flood even as Noah and his family were saved by grace through faith by the same water."

Those who were baptised unto Moses went thru the RED Sea which is the baptism unto BLOOD = first thru circumcison and then the animal BLOOD sacrifices.

For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without
blood.
For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the
blood of calves and goats, with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying,
“This is the
blood of the covenant which God has commanded you.”
Then likewise he sprinkled with
blood both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry.
And according to the law almost all things are purified with
blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
Hebrews ch9

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Brother, this what you said is a falsehood = "Baptism also goes back to creation being submerged and dying in the flood even as Noah and his family were saved by grace through faith by the same water."

Those who were baptised unto Moses went thru the RED Sea which is the baptism unto BLOOD = first thru circumcison and then the animal BLOOD sacrifices.

For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without
blood.
For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the
blood of calves and goats, with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying,
“This is the
blood of the covenant which God has commanded you.”
Then likewise he sprinkled with
blood both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry.
And according to the law almost all things are purified with
blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
Hebrews ch9
I really don’t follow what your even saying

Aug 2, 2021
So, I can steal? Covet? Murder? as long as I am in Christ?
Explain to me which of the 10 commandments I can ignore.

BTW. Adam was not a Hebrew, yet he kept the 7th day Sabbath.
It has been around since creation so don't act like it started with Moses.

The command to keep the Sabbath is so that you know WHICH God you are worshipping.
The God named YHWH created the Sabbath. Baal (meaning = "Lord" in Hebrew) did not. Nor did Ashima.

My understanding is fine. We disagree on what the scripture says.
"I will give you rest" does NOT translate to "you don't have to honor the Sabbath Day".
The 7th day was FIRMLY Established by the FATHER because it speaks of CHRIST who is the DAY of REST.
ALL righteous Law is found in CHRIST = therefore the Holy Spirit establishes our hearts in Christ so that we do not break any of the Ten Commandments.

The Sabbath REST of GOD is CHRIST and no longer a day (saturday/sunday) of the week.

If you are placing your COMPLETE trust in Christ and Him alone then you will find REST for your soul.
There is no completed rest of God in seeking to obey the saturday law.
You certainly can gather on saturday for fellowship in the Body of Christ but that day/saturday is not required by God.
What is required by God for everyone is Christ and Christ's commandments.

Aug 2, 2021
I really don’t follow what your even saying
i know

the water did not save Noah and his family = the ARK(Christ) that kept them from the waters saved them.

Noah was saved 120 Years BEFORE his 'symbolic' water baptism.

water baptism and saturday observance cannot save anyone = only Faith and Obedience to the Call of God

We rejoice in being baptized because Christ said to do it as a symbolic outward act that we are responding to the Call of God in Christ which is our Salvation and having our sins washed away in His Death and Blood poured out for us on the Cross.

Baptized unto Moses is a baptism of BLOOD = RED Sea and animal BLOOD sacrifices = Hebrews ch9
PEACE my Brother

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
The 7th day was FIRMLY Established by the FATHER because it speaks of CHRIST who is the DAY of REST.
ALL righteous Law is found in CHRIST = therefore the Holy Spirit establishes our hearts in Christ so that we do not break any of the Ten Commandments.

The Sabbath REST of GOD is CHRIST and no longer a day (saturday/sunday) of the week.

If you are placing your COMPLETE trust in Christ and Him alone then you will find REST for your soul.
There is no completed rest of God in seeking to obey the saturday law.
You certainly can gather on saturday for fellowship in the Body of Christ but that day/saturday is not required by God.
What is required by God for everyone is Christ and Christ's commandments.
Amen.

Every day is a Sabbath day because in Christ we rest and his finished work on the cross

Aug 2, 2021
Yes, I do!
However, not in the strict, Pharisaic sense. They were maniacs. Still are.
We are to Honor God, Do Good, and (obviously for me) get a better understanding of what it is to Honor the Sabbath.
I also believe that if we do our best in good faith to follow the 10 commandments then death has no power over us.
This is the promise of Jesus and a testament to our faith.
You said: "I also believe that if we do our best in good faith to follow the 10 commandments then death has no power over us."
A.) - This is not the promise of Jesus
B.) If this were true then Christ's suffering and death on the Cross was not necessary.
C.) Isaiah 45:22 is the Promise of the LORD Jesus Christ
D.) His Promise was fulfilled on the Cross for all who believe.

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
Matthew 22:40

Promise made, Promise Kept, Promise Fulfilled by our Savior who spoke to Isaiah and who came in the flesh - Amen.

Today, if we Hear His Voice, we can have REST and walk in His Promises just as HE walked.

JeffA

Minstrel
Mar 31, 2022
Are you asserting that Adam and Eve and all of their descendants did not keep the Sabbath day that God had created?
They obeyed all of God's commands EXCEPT that?
They knew about ALL of the other sins but ignored the Sabbath Day?
Not until God wrote it on tablets for Moses did God expect that man keep His Holy, Appointed Day?

And you need a SPECIFIC scripture?

WOW!

Dec 21, 2020
Are you asserting that Adam and Eve and all of their descendants did not keep the Sabbath day that God had created?
Not until God wrote it on tablets for Moses did God expect that man keep His Holy, Appointed Day?

WOW!
IOW, you can’t provide a scripture that says Adam kept the sabbath.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Yes, I do!
However, not in the strict, Pharisaic sense. They were maniacs. Still are.
We are to Honor God, Do Good, and (obviously for me) get a better understanding of what it is to Honor the Sabbath.
I also believe that if we do our best in good faith to follow the 10 commandments then death has no power over us.
This is the promise of Jesus and a testament to our faith.
Death does have power over us because one day we will die.
However death has lost its sting and we will be resurrected to reign with Jesus.

Will we e saved by keeping the Sabbath? No we will not.
Will we be saved by keeping the 10 commandments? No we will not.
Will we be saved by our good works or works we do in order to be saved? No we will not.

We are saved by grace through faith in the risen Lord Jesus.
We honour God every day.
How do we do that?
We wake up first thing in the morning and pray
"Jesus I want to be like you today"
Holy Spirit when I mess up let me know.
"Remind me to that my salvation is based on what you have done and not what I can do.

Jesus I just want to be like you.

JeffA

Minstrel
Mar 31, 2022
You said: "I also believe that if we do our best in good faith to follow the 10 commandments then death has no power over us."
This is the accomplishment of Jesus. He Defeated Death for us.
Our following of God's Laws are a testament to our faith in Jesus.
The statement I made could not be true EXCEPT for Jesus.
You got it backwards.
We are free to FOLLOW God's Laws. (Not free FROM them).

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

WOW!
What commandments??? The law was not given yet.

The children of Noah were given seven Laws only; the observance of the Sabbath was not among them.

^ Talmudic source. The law including Sabbath day rest was given through Moses in Exodus.

JeffA

Minstrel
Mar 31, 2022
Will we e saved by keeping the Sabbath? No we will not.
Will we be saved by keeping the 10 commandments? No we will not.
Will we be saved by our good works or works we do in order to be saved? No we will not.
I never said any of these things.
And you know exactly what I meant by "death".
Now you are trying to twist my words.

JeffA

Minstrel
Mar 31, 2022
What commandments??? The law was not given yet.

The children of Noah were given seven Laws only; the observance of the Sabbath was not among them.

^ Talmudic source. The law including Sabbath day rest was given through Moses in Exodus.
Again,
God does not change. Ever.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I never said any of these things.
And you know exactly what I meant by "death".
Now you are trying to twist my words.
Not really.
I did not say you said any of those things.
I was asking you questions based on what you were saying that was all and gave my thoughts.

Calm down as I was not attacking you.