Water baptism is necessary to be in the first resurrection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JeffA

Minstrel
Mar 31, 2022
Talmudic source. The law including Sabbath day rest was given through Moses in Exodus.
Seriously? The Pharasaic Talmud?
If you say that Sabbath-keeping started with Moses, then you also are saying that ALL of the other commands began there, too.
If that were true, Cain killing Abel was not a sin.
All of God's Law was in effect since creation.
Just because it was written down for Moses doesn't mean they didn't exist.

Aug 2, 2021
Are you asserting that Adam and Eve and all of their descendants did not keep the Sabbath day that God had created?
They obeyed all of God's commands EXCEPT that?
They knew about ALL of the other sins but ignored the Sabbath Day?
Not until God wrote it on tablets for Moses did God expect that man keep His Holy, Appointed Day?

And you need a SPECIFIC scripture?

WOW!
Dear Jeff, that is adding to my words, which i never implied at any moment.

The law of God is Christ and Christ is the 7th Day - therefore Elohim made it a IRREVOCABLE LAW binding upon the whole Creation,
beginning in Genesis.

When YAHshuah came, the Perfect Law of GOD came to earth and Fully & Completely demonstrated on the Cross the REST of GOD.
Not just on the Cross however but HIS Resurrection signified that the REST of GOD is ALIVE for all who need REST.

Dec 21, 2020
If you say that Sabbath-keeping started with Moses, then you also are saying that ALL of the other commands began there, too.
Where is your proof that keeping the sabbath was required before the law was given to Moses?

Dec 21, 2020
Dear Jeff, that is adding to my words, which i never implied at any moment.

The law of God is Christ and Christ is the 7th Day - therefore Elohim made it a IRREVOCABLE LAW binding upon the whole Creation,
beginning in Genesis.

When YAHshuah came, the Perfect Law of GOD came to earth and Fully & Completely demonstrated on the Cross the REST of GOD.
Not just on the Cross however but HIS Resurrection signified that the REST of GOD is ALIVE for all who need REST.
Where does the Bible say Christ is the seventh day?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
It's very sad a gutting that believers believe that they are saved as a result of good works and doing this and that to earn something that is free.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I never said any of these things.
And you know exactly what I meant by "death".
Now you are trying to twist my words.
You missed the rest of my post and thoughts.

Do you agree or disagree?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For if those who live by the law are heirs, faith is useless and the promise is worthless,
because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law, there is no transgression.
Romans 4:14-15

Looks like a couple of good verses for a panel :) Thank you...

Seriously, dude, read the Bible. Find the Noahide laws. Tell me if you see the Sabbath law there.

Oh, yes, and it was the Pharisees who hammered on and on about the law... right?

While continually being in the wrong. As per Jesus.

JeffA

Minstrel
Mar 31, 2022
Not really.
I did not say you said any of those things.
I was asking you questions based on what you were saying that was all and gave my thoughts.

Calm down as I was not attacking you.
Sorry.
It just seems that a lot of people think that Jesus abolished God's Law.
At least, they think they can pick and choose.
The 10 commandments are God's Law in written form. Not just for Hebrews.
Jesus died so that we can be forgiven of our transgressions and counted as Righteous (as we try to abide in God's Law).
He did not die so that we can run amuck. Murder is still sin. So is breaking God's other ordinances.

Aug 2, 2021
Where does the Bible say Christ is the seventh day?
All throughout the Bible beginning in Genesis.

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; 5and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

6Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, 7again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”

8For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

11Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. 12For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

14Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 27All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Like you do...

JeffA

Minstrel
Mar 31, 2022
Death does have power over us because one day we will die.
However death has lost its sting and we will be resurrected to reign with Jesus.

Will we e saved by keeping the Sabbath? No we will not.
Will we be saved by keeping the 10 commandments? No we will not.
Will we be saved by our good works or works we do in order to be saved? No we will not.

We are saved by grace through faith in the risen Lord Jesus.
We honour God every day.
How do we do that?
We wake up first thing in the morning and pray
"Jesus I want to be like you today"
Holy Spirit when I mess up let me know.
"Remind me to that my salvation is based on what you have done and not what I can do.

Jesus I just want to be like you.
Yes, of course, I agree with you.
You say, yourself, that we want to be like Jesus. That means to Love God. How do we Love God? Follow his commands (Law).
We are no longer under the penalty of Death (spiritual) from our sin. This is what Jesus did for us.
He did not free us from following God's Law.
He freed us to follow God's Law without the fear of what our mistakes would otherwise cost (Death).
There is no other salvation from the penalty of sin except through Jesus Christ.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world
was not given through the law, but through the righteousness that comes by faith.

Dec 21, 2020
All throughout the Bible beginning in Genesis.

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; 5and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

6Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, 7again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”

8For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

11Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. 12For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

14Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 27All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
Thanks for the verses. Which one says Christ is the seventh day?

Aug 2, 2021
Sorry.
Jesus died so that we can be forgiven of our transgressions and counted as Righteous (as we try to abide in God's Law).
He did not die so that we can run amuck. Murder is still sin. So is breaking God's other ordinances.
You said: "Jesus died so that we can be forgiven of our transgressions and counted as Righteous (as we try to abide in God's Law)."

And the LORD said to Moses, 13“Tell the Israelites, ‘Surely you must keep My Sabbaths, for this will be a sign between Me and you for the generations to come, so that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. 14Keep the Sabbath, for it is holy to you. Anyone who profanes it must surely be put to death. Whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from among his people. 15For six days work may be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of complete rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must surely be put to death.

16The Israelites must keep the Sabbath, celebrating it as a permanent covenant for the generations to come. 17It is a sign between Me and the Israelites forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, but on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

Working on God's Sabbath Rest brings death - anyone who adds to the Finished Work of GOD whereby HE Rested is violating God's Sabbath REST.

God's Sabbath REST is HIS SON = "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

JeffA

Minstrel
Mar 31, 2022
I'm not picking and choosing which part of God's Law to disregard.
I'm a sinner just like you.
I'm in constant need of God's Mercy.
Thank God for Jesus.

Aug 2, 2021
Thanks for the verses. Which one says Christ is the seventh day?
Which verse in the Bible says God is Three Persons in ONE?
Which verse in the Bible says Christ is NOT the REST of GOD?
Which verse in the Bible where Christ and the Apostles said to continue in the saturday sabbath rest for our rest?

"At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.
"

Do not be like these = "Having eyes to see and they see not..."

Dec 21, 2020
Which verse in the Bible says God is Three Persons in ONE?
Not a single one.

Which verse in the Bible says Christ is NOT the REST of GOD?
Which verse in the Bible where Christ and the Apostles said to continue in the saturday sabbath rest for our rest?
Which verse in the Bible says that God is NOT the flying spaghetti monster?

Does that mean we are to assume He is?

"At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.
"

Do not be like these = "Having eyes to see and they see not..."
So you know that there is no verse that says Christ is the seventh day, but rather than admit it, you’re inferring that I’m spiritually blind, or that it‘s hidden from me?

Got it.

I’ll leave you to your thread. Y’all are too holy for me…

Aug 2, 2021
Not a single one.

Which verse in the Bible says that God is NOT the flying spaghetti monster?

Does that mean we are to assume He is?

So you know that there is no verse that says Christ is the seventh day, but rather than admit it, you’re inferring that I’m spiritually blind, or that it‘s hidden from me?

Got it.

I’ll leave y’all to your thread.
The Volume of the Book(Scripture) is written about Christ.

Read Genesis then Gospel of John then Acts - PRAY for understanding Before During and After as you read.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Sorry.
Brother can I just say we are not saved by trying to abide in Gods law.
We are saved because Jesus fulfilled the law.
Out efforts to be saved are filthy rags.
Jesus summed up the law in two commandments, in fact beyond that.
He also said love your enemies and so on. That's because twisted the 10 commandments.

Why do we want to do what is right?
We do it because we are saved.
Please do not go down the rabbit hole of trying to be saved but relax in being a child of our Father.

When we look at the 10 commandments they were given to Israel and the reason being is that God is saying

This is my standard, you are going into a land that I have given you.
This land and it's inhabitants are sinful in their practices and false worship of god's.

We cannot pick and choose wanting to be like Jesus.
In my walk with Jesus when I wake up this is what I do.

Jesus I want to be like you today, Holy Spirit please help me.
Then I ask Jesus to reveal and convict me of the stuff I did today that was not reflective as a child of God and ask for help in the areas we fail.

That's hard because we have to be prepared to realise we have failed but thank him for revealing it and knows he still loves us