We know about throwing out law, does the law have anything good about it??

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
The books of the Old Covenant was about obtaining rightouesness through the works of the flesh.

The books of the New Covenant is about dying to that means and becoming alive to our spirits so that we can mind the things of the Spirit.


One leads the flesh, the other leads the spirit.

New Testimony : God sent His Son to deliver a Message.

Old Testimony: God sent His servant Moses to deliver a message.

The questions remains: which one are we to follow to God the Father?

One leads to death. The other to Life.

The works of the flesh are not the same thing as the law. The law of God is of The Spirit of God. The works of the flesh are not according to that law.
 
I believe in everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets.
If there's anything not in accordance with the law and the prophets then it's a lie.
 
The books of the Old Covenant was about obtaining rightouesness through the works of the flesh.

The books of the New Covenant is about dying to that means and becoming alive to our spirits so that we can mind the things of the Spirit.


One leads the flesh, the other leads the spirit.

New Testimony : God sent His Son to deliver a Message.

Old Testimony: God sent His servant Moses to deliver a message.

The questions remains: which one are we to follow to God the Father?

One leads to death. The other to Life.

Remember the following from the book of Jeremiah. "31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."


Remember the following from the book of Hebrews. "8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."


Notice that the Covenant referred to in Hebrews is not anti-God's law. Is it not exactly the same as mentioned in the Old Testament?
 
I believe in everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets.
If there's anything not in accordance with the law and the prophets then it's a lie.

You have just demonstrated by your own words that you are against the gospel and the new covenant. The law commands circumcision; Paul said if you do that as a means of obedience to law, you have fallen from grace.
 
Notice that the Covenant referred to in Hebrews is not anti-God's law. Is it not exactly the same as mentioned in the Old Testament?

Neither is the One we are to follow under the new Covenant anti-God's law. Neither am I, nor do I teach disobedience to God's law.

But if one follow the Law as their righteousness, then they shall receive no justification. If we follow the Shepherd, we also know that He is the same Law Giver.

The moral Law of God forever stands. It is this Law which our Leader of the path shows us.

We are to die to the flesh and become alive to the spirit so that we can be led by the Spirit and not the Law.


P.S. Will be gone for about 4 hours....
 
You have just demonstrated by your own words that you are against the gospel and the new covenant. The law commands circumcision; Paul said if you do that as a means of obedience to law, you have fallen from grace.

Remember that circumcision may be only between Abraham and his seed, and God. Maybe also should include every male child born in Abraham's household and of thier bought servants. This is not the same as the law of God for all of mankind.


Genesis 17:9-11
King James Version (KJV)
9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.


10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.


11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.


Genesis 17:11-13


King James Version (KJV)
11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.


12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.


13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
 
Neither is the One we are to follow under the new Covenant anti-God's law. Neither am I, nor do I teach disobedience to God's law.

But if one follow the Law as their righteousness, then they shall receive no justification. If we follow the Shepherd, we also know that He is the same Law Giver.

The moral Law of God forever stands. It is this Law which our Leader of the path shows us.

We are to die to the flesh and become alive to the spirit so that we can be led by the Spirit and not the Law.


P.S. Will be gone for about 4 hours....

One thing that You may not understand is that if we are led by His Spirit that we are led by Him to keep His law. It is true that no one of us is saved by keeping the works of the law. It takes the sacrifice of Christ to be saved. But do

not think that You can or will remain in right standing with God or make it in to His heaven if You continue trample the


blood of Christ under foot by breaking His law. The New Testament writer wrote "Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things


soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become


guilty before God.


20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.


21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;


22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no


difference:


23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;


24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:


25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of


sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;


26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in


Jesus.


27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.


28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.


29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:


30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith."


Remember what it says later in that same book. "Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may


abound?


2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?


3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?


4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the


Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.


5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:


6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should


not serve sin.


7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.


8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:


9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.


10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.


11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.


12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.


13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are


alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.


14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.


15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.


16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto


death, or of obedience unto righteousness?


17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was


delivered you.


18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.


19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to


uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.


20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.


21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.


22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting


life.


23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."


And rembember what it says in King James Version (KJV) "Romans 7


Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he


liveth?


2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead,


she is loosed from the law of her husband.


3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband


be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.


4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another,


even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.


5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit


unto death.


6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and


not in the oldness of the letter.


7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust,


except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.


8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.


9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.


10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.


11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.


12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.


13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that


which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.


14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.


15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.


16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.


17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.


18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform


that which is good I find not.


19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.


20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.


21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.


22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:


23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin


which is in my members.


24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?


25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law


of sin.".
 
And we have been given a new Law under the new Covenant.

And with our spirit (heart) we do follow the Son.

The Son says that He is the Way. He alone knows that path and He shows us that path through the new Covenant.

Let us die to our flesh...let us die to the Law from Moses' house. His path leads to Hades for all, even those righteous under it until their Messiah came.

Let us become alive to our spirit...let us become alive to the Law from the Spirit sent from Jesus Christ's house. His path leads to Live for all who follow Him to the Father.


One thing that You may not understand is that if we are led by His Spirit that we are led by Him to keep His law. It is true that no one of us is saved by keeping the works of the law. It takes the sacrifice of Christ to be saved. But do not think that You can or will remain in right standing with God or make it in to His heaven if You continue trample the blood of Christ under foot by breaking His law. The New Testament writer wrote "Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith."

Remember what it says later in that same book. "Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

And remember what it says in King James Version (KJV) "Romans 7

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.".
 
Those of Moses' house are led by the Law into death.
Those of the Son's house are led by the Spirit into Life.

The moral Laws of God stands forever, but the Law of the flesh has been forsaken and replaced with the Law of the spirit.

Jesus says that He is the Way. There is no other path which one can led another on to get to the Father.

Do You know what Jesus path is? One thing that You may not understand is that if we are led by His Spirit that we are led by Him to keep His law. It is true that no one of us is saved by keeping the works of the law. It takes the sacrifice of Christ to be saved. But do not think that You can or will remain in right standing with God or make it in to His heaven if You continue trample the blood of Christ under foot by breaking His law. The New Testament writer wrote "Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith."

Remember what it says later in that same book. "Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

And remember what it says in King James Version (KJV) "Romans 7

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.".
 
“The name Baal means “Lord” in Hebrew. The church translators replaced the true name of the Messiah, YAHshua with the title “Lord”. When people use that title, they are unknowingly worshiping a pagan idol, and that is why it is so important that we restore the true Hebrew name YAHshua back into the English translations.”

Aye, but it's not the verbal use of the word "lord" that makes the difference, it's what a person thinks about God when they call Him anything, that determines if they are actually calling Him baal or lord.

A person can call Him "Lord", knowing that it is a meek technicality that He is a "Lord" in a certain sense, and be more on par than a person who calls Him "Yahweh", "Jesus" or something similar and thinks of Him only as a whipping taskmaster.

There's an NT verse that addresses the proper use of the word "lord" and directs not to use it without a proper heart, but I can't remember where it is.

And this effect of how a name or title is produced from the heart, certainly applies to this keeping of the law issue at hand.
Whether it's done out of blind and fearful obedience with fear of excessive retribution, or whether it's done because a person is the type of person that genuinely doesn't want to cause harm because he loves others.

I don't know if there's time enough left for the widespread distribution of a corrected printed copy of the bible, and all the red tape involved in getting people to accept it. But the knowledge of the debacle and widespread distribution of how to think of God and how to keep the law, can go from mouth to mouth in mere minutes.
 
We have not spoken about the Sabbath, you and I. Because of your assumption of what you think I feel about the Sabbath, the Love I point to is darkness? Try not to speak before you think. They who do oftentimes feel foolish at the end.


Again, we are under a new 'Testimony' and it has its own Law for His disciples. Our righteousness now comes through faith, not fleshly obedience. Does it not tell us that it is not about the putting away the filth of the flesh, but a good conscious towards God? Let us die to the flesh and become alive to the spirit and by the Spirit, we shall live. The Covenant of the flesh is no longer. It has been replaced with the Covenant of the heart. A soul which follows his spirit, seeks things from the Spirit. A soul which follows his flesh, has yet to die to the old Covenant and remains in it. Is it not said that those of the old shall have no justification? Christ will not die twice-told.[/SIZE]
[/FONT][/COLOR]


And we have received a new Covenant. There is a Law from the Spirit sent from Jesus Christ and it is Love (spirit). When we follow love as our Law, then we die to the flesh (old Covenant) as a means of our righteousness. But, there is no hope for those who willfully cling to the old method, even Jesus Himself said that the flesh never did please God. Come and let us abandon our flesh and let us seek the righteousness which Christ offers.

Would you not agree that they who come and teach any other Gospel then that of Jesus Christ do not come in the light? Have we not a new law? Have we not a new TESTIMONY given to us from the very Son of the Living God? Let His path be the path we are on and let us abandon Moses' path. One is God Himself and the other gave the sentencing of death.

--Chris

Remember the following from the book of Jeremiah. "31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."


Remember the following from the book of Hebrews. "8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."


Notice that the Covenant referred to in Hebrews is not anti-God's law. Is it not exactly the same as mentioned in the Old Testament?

One thing that You may not understand is that if we are led by His Spirit that we are led by Him to keep His law. It is true that no one of us is saved by keeping the works of the law. It takes the sacrifice of Christ to be saved. But do not think that You can or will remain in right standing with God or make it in to His heaven if You continue trample the blood of Christ under foot by breaking His law. The New Testament writer wrote "Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith."

Remember what it says later in that same book. "Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

And remember what it says in King James Version (KJV) "Romans 7

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.".
 
Neither is the One we are to follow under the new Covenant anti-God's law. Neither am I, nor do I teach disobedience to God's law.

But if one follow the Law as their righteousness, then they shall receive no justification. If we follow the Shepherd, we also know that He is the same Law Giver.

The moral Law of God forever stands. It is this Law which our Leader of the path shows us.

We are to die to the flesh and become alive to the spirit so that we can be led by the Spirit and not the Law.


P.S. Will be gone for about 4 hours....


you really donot understand law keepers will never say because they keep law that is why they are sure that theey are saved hmmm
It is God mercy and grace that saves the whole world to all that believe but that not say you will not work in the vineyyard hmmm those that preach the gospel must live ogf the gospel and paul was not refering to the kingdom gospel alone

Just a thought No direspect to other sabbathkeepers we all agree on the sabbath but there are other points of doctrine we differ on in some cases

Hope you get my point

But if you do not keep the commandments after you are saved by grace thou will not have part with God
 
Your doctrines are not Scriptual, im glad you know this.

And there is over 700 "OT" quotes in the "NT"

If you can’t even clearly understand superficial things like percentages how can you understand the deep things in scripture?

Those over 700 quotes from OT do not take up 90% of the total volume of text in the New Testament. In fact with a cursory view of the apostles’ letters in the NT far less than ½% of the volume of text is made up of OT quotes with the vast majority from the apostle Paul (especially in his address to the Hebrews) with the apostle John and Jude using zero quotes in their letters.

Whereas with yourself: quotes from the scripture appear at times to take up almost 100% of the text in your commentary. It’s like you are unable to formulate opinions and then present them in your own words. It’s like you’ve done so much study of scripture that it has debilitated you to the point where you are unable to talk. No wonder my words don’t sound “scriptural” to you because your brain is so full of scripture you can’t see, think or hear anything else. Scripture has become your idol, which is why you capitalized the word “Scriptural”. And you are not alone among the many copy and plaster artists. My personal opinion is that it’s a disease of the mind resulting from mind numbing bombardment of texts that are not comprehended.

The bible makes up an infinitesimal fraction of all the things spoken by the Spirit through the few men of God throughout history. And when Christ said, “my sheep hear my voice”, that “voice” can be heard by His sheep without them needing any reference to scripture. And what many have done is turned the bible into an idol believing that the “word” of God is restricted to one book. That’s why I hear many Christians going around saying, “The ‘word’ showed me this and the ‘word’ showed me that.” The Word of God is living and does not come out of a book but it comes from the Spirit and then what’s in the book confirms the Word that you have heard in the Spirit. Because of this misunderstanding many Christians are unable to understand the bible at all even though they plaster huge volumes of scripture.
 
One thing that You may not understand is that if we are led by His Spirit that we are led by Him to keep His law.

Yes, we are led to keep His moral Law. This Law is spoken to us by our Shepherd. But, I do not remember when I had to commit a sacrifice under the new Covenant. I do remember that I, while under the new Covenant, am free from such laws and that it was said that it is no longer about the putting away of the filth of the flesh (following by the flesh), but of a good conscious before God (following by the spirit).

It is true that no one of us is saved by keeping the works of the law. It takes the sacrifice of Christ to be saved. But do not think that You can or will remain in right standing with God or make it in to His heaven if You continue trample the
blood of Christ under foot by breaking His law. The New Testament writer wrote "Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

We of the new Covenant are under the Law of the Spirit from Jesus Christ. The Spirit leads the soul by our spirit. The Law leads the soul by our flesh. The Spirit speaks to us the Moral Law of God and they who follow Him obey those same essential 'commands' which described God throughout the old Testament. But, if we are lead by the Law and obey words written on tablets, know you not that only death awaits? We are to obey by our spirit, not our flesh.

Remember what it says later in that same book. "Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?....................
If we do according to love, would we desire to offend? By love, we do not offend, even God Himself. If we do according to the sensational flesh, would we not desire to offend to satisfy its hunger? By the flesh, we do offend, even God Himself.

And rembember what it says in King James Version (KJV) "Romans 7.................................25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.".

Let us then die to our flesh so that we do not serve the law of sin which can only offer death. Let, therefore, become alive to our spirit so that we can serve the Law of God: the Law from the Spirit sent from Jesus Christ: the Law of Love.

--Chris
 
Do You know what Jesus path is? ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

His path is a spiritual path to the Father. The fleshly path did not quite work and mandated that a new method of obedience to God was needed. Our Shepherd speaks to us the eternal Moral Law of God. Through love we obey. Through the flesh, the Law condemns.
 
you really donot understand law keepers will never say because they keep law that is why they are sure that theey are saved hmmm
It is God mercy and grace that saves the whole world to all that believe but that not say you will not work in the vineyyard hmmm those that preach the gospel must live ogf the gospel and paul was not refering to the kingdom gospel alone

Just a thought No direspect to other sabbathkeepers we all agree on the sabbath but there are other points of doctrine we differ on in some cases

Hope you get my point

But if you do not keep the commandments after you are saved by grace thou will not have part with God

They who are under grace also keep the Moral Law from God.

The lawless ones are condemned.

The very Son sent from God leads us on a spiritual path. Let us die to the fleshly way as our schoolmaster and follow the very Son Himself.

Obedience is to the Son, not to Moses.
 
Be like good lambs and follow the good Shepherd :D do so in love not out of fear of condemnation
 
They who are under grace also keep the Moral Law from God.

The lawless ones are condemned.

The very Son sent from God leads us on a spiritual path. Let us die to the fleshly way as our schoolmaster and follow the very Son Himself.

Obedience is to the Son, not to Moses.

Do You realize that Christ kept the law and told His disciples to do as He did? Do not call The Law of God only the law of Moses.
 
His path is a spiritual path to the Father. The fleshly path did not quite work and mandated that a new method of obedience to God was needed. Our Shepherd speaks to us the eternal Moral Law of God. Through love we obey. Through the flesh, the Law condemns.

Where in the new testement say having sex with an animal is wrong ?
Thankies
 
They who are under grace also keep the Moral Law from God.

The lawless ones are condemned.

The very Son sent from God leads us on a spiritual path. Let us die to the fleshly way as our schoolmaster and follow the very Son Himself.

Obedience is to the Son, not to Moses.


Is it true that they call the first five books of the bible the Law of Moses ?