Interesting way to think about it. But I can see why so many disagree with you on that. Do you believe that there is no distinction between new covenant and old covenant?
A lot of people here seem to get radical on both sides, condemning each other.
I don't think we should follow the law of Moses. I truly believe the law written on our hearts is the Holy Spirit. That's the law I believe we should follow. It would seem harsh for God to add more to the old law, since the law itself is a burden to us, especially for those trying to keep it the best they can.
I think one of the reason a lot of people are against the idea of following the old law, because it's a form of religious obedience instead of spiritual. What do you think about this redtent, give me your personal opinion?
I'm sorry, I just found this. I truly believe that we must thoroughly understand all the old covenants, and know they give God principles that are eternal before we can truly understand the new covenant because the new covenant is based on them. So when you say "no distinction between them", I don't think that is the way God would explain His principles to us. I don't think that anything that God tells us in scripture is ever wiped out, I think we must understand all of it, including how Christ took these principles and showed us ways to grow from them.
I worked months to comprehend "the law of Moses". Paul speaks against it, Paul is scripture, Paul speaks for God so he would not speak against God. Scripture is our life, so I dedicated my time for months to searching until I understood. Here is what I found. In the first century, the law of Moses is what they called the rules the Jews asked the gentiles to accept in order to join them. If you read Acts and Galatians you will see what Paul and Peter said about taking this to the gentiles instead of the gospel.
I think the burden God speaks of in regard to the law, is the burden we take on when we don't keep it. Lying, drunkenness, lack of love, such is a terrible burden. God's way makes for peace, love, and light.
I think the new law and the old law is the same, except the OT told more of the expression of love, and the new law gives more of the spirit that results in the expression.
I feel compelled to hammer home the "doing", because people finally understand the being and the Holy Spirit necessary before the doing. But without following through with the doing, we are letting in demons in our world. Demons aren't interested in your intentions, but in our acceptance of sin.