Web Based churches

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
All Christians are welcome The weak and the strong. Together we will make each other stronger. We will encourage the weak. We will inspire . We won’t tear anyone down Amen.

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Let all things on this forum stay on the subject of web based churches. Thank you.

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
If anyone has anything to say to me personally send it to me in private not thur this thread. No back and forth on here

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
All Christians are welcome The weak and the strong. Together we will make each other stronger. We will encourage the weak. We will inspire . We won’t tear anyone down Amen.
So...what is web based church? Do you believe in web based church? Are there scriptures supporting it? Thanks

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Agreed til the end. Sometimes when you feel that isolated you feel as though you almost have no choice but to take a stab in the dark and trust him to lead you. Periods where we can only focus on his light...which is lovely but we are also in the body as well...and we need people too. Nowhere in scripture was anyone ever completely isolated (except for a period of time). Leastways if you can find an example I would be glad to hear it. Even the lepers had each other.

I'm sure the Israelites "felt" isolated when they were required to be outside the camp when they were unclean, but there were probably others there to. Together alone kind of thing.

The internet is much like that, but I've found when you find real believers it's almost the same as in person. That's me though, I don't go to church for the teaching. I go for fellowship/edification/agreement. Is it in most churches? Nope.

I feel your heart somehow about most of this, there are some ugly things out there in churches. There are some negatives to technology...it isn't the same people say. It isn't, but I've also felt connections through technology in ways that have encouraged me when I'm parched for encouragement in ways that I haven't ever in person.

Late night radio at 3 AM where I just want to be near someone and pray but oh hey everyone's alseep...then turn on a station and wow...someone is praying and I've felt the spirit in it in ways that I rarely do when I'm in person with people. It's like I can just resonate alone but together.

I think there is such a thing as the long-distance body. Some people almost joke about it and it makes me sad. Like "I was there in spirit" regarding an activity they missed or some such.

I've been there in spirit late at night just crying out and have been met.

^That's one part of it.

I have no idea how I interact with the body. I usually have a specific need and it gets filled but it is rarely easy or rarely do I know where to look. I start with the word(usually) and finish (usually) but that in between stuff with people is mostly a mystery. The marriage hasn't occurred yet in it's fullness. We are in union...but faith is not yet sight and it's not over yet. Different discussion but I'm glad that I'm not in this alone is all I can really say at present :)

Tried to be brief but there's just so much to say. I'm starting to see things come together. I speak less out loud and listen more. It has certainly made a difference.
I agree, and have been there before too. I'm not saying that people shouldn't connect on the internet, but I just don't think it should be our only connection with other Christians. And yes there are different circumstances and that is why when I got to the end of my post I came to realize I probably shouldn't even try and judge it because there are different circumstances.

Anyhow, I enjoyed your reply and know what you mean about trying to make it brief because there really is a lot to be said and discussed about this topic.

Thanks for the heart felt reply and God bless you:)

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
So...what is web based church? Do you believe in web based church? Are there scriptures supporting it? Thanks
Hebrews 10:25 KJV
[25] Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is ; but exhorting one another : and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
I believe assembling means people actually meeting up by divine appointment . Where they all can exhort and pray for each other . It’s to much secrecy online . Secrets. Hidden sins

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Web based churches are to be used as an outreach to sinners and those hurting. Not as an escape goat 🐐 for Christians hiding in their sins

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
As I look at some of the seats empty I see in churches on Sunday morning it draws me to think many Christians can use online media as a hide out. But the problem of sin is not being exposed . Because it’s kept secret .

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
If I desire to be free. I can’t hide in a room on a computer lol. I have to get out where the power is. And that’s in unity. Gathering together with the saints. Check this out: We watch movies on social Media . Play games on social media . Talk on social media . But now do we try to confine God to it too ????? Remember what Jesus did in the temple 🤣🤣🤣. We should be careful that we don’t turn church into marketplaces. And keep them places of Worship

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
One more person in this forum tells me what I need and doesn’t back it up with scripture I’m leaving

Your understanding seems elementary at best.

All of us who are His children have the Holy spirit as our teacher and in the first few years of faith many of us read the inspired scriptures cover to cover over a dozen times only to grow and continue.

Learn some humility and calm yourself.
You seem very.... VERY young and immature honestly.

There IS discussion to be had in regards to context wether you like it or not.

You can run from the truth and cover itching ears but the truth remains.

Example of context being needed.

Exodus 32:33

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.”

Oh well I guess we all will be blotted out.... who so ever?

Too late for us....

No.... those of us covered by the blood of Jesus will be seen as spotless....

Get off your high horse, stop posting out of context nit picked verses and discuss Gods lovely inspired word if you want fellowship, "messenger".

Proverbs 15:10

“Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.”

may God bless you....

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Your understanding seems elementary at best.

All of us who are His children have the Holy spirit as our teacher and in the first few years of faith many of us read the inspired scriptures cover to cover over a dozen times only to grow and continue.

Learn some humility and calm yourself.
You seem very.... VERY young and immature honestly.

There IS discussion to be had in regards to context wether you like it or not.

You can run from the truth and cover itching ears but the truth remains.

Example of context being needed.

Exodus 32:33

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.”

Oh well I guess we all will be blotted out.... who so ever?

Too late for us....

No.... those of us covered by the blood of Jesus will be seen as spotless....

Get off your high horse, stop posting out of context nit picked verses and discuss Gods lovely inspired word if you want fellowship, "messenger".

As I said before many times. And I’ll say it again. If you have anything to say about me personally send it in a private message not on this thread. Or you will be blocked or ignored by me

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Thank you. This is not about me. It’s about Jesus Christ and this forum is about web based churches.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
As I said before many times. And I’ll say it again. If you have anything to say about me personally send it in a private message not on this thread. Or you will be blocked or ignored by me
Feel free to block and ignore me, I will pray you learn how to fellowship with God's children.

You are definitely in need of some sound examples... many of our brothers and sisters here have shown amazing patience with you.

(thank you guys for being a good example but this is just ridiculous)

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
This forum is about one subject only. If you have something to say to me. Say it in private