Weird animal generalizations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
You ever think about those weird phrases that we use in regards to animals? Blind as a bat being one. Bats actually aren’t bat, they use echolocation which is actually way more accurate than sight. Or lazy as a dog. Try keeping up with a Jack Russell or a greyhound.

Any other you can think of?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well it isn't an animal but dumb as a rock is one I always found odd. Rocks aren't dumb they can't think and so can't be dumb.

S

Susanna

Well it isn't an animal but dumb as a rock is one I always found odd. Rocks aren't dumb they can't think and so can't be dumb.
Where I’m from it’s dumb as a box of rocks, so I suppose stones get dumb under peer pressure.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Where I’m from it’s dumb as a box of rocks, so I suppose stones get dumb under peer pressure.
Or maybe being in a confined space greatly lowers brain cells, I guess that explains patrick and spongebob then XD

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Oh ok here is one wise as an owl. Have you ever met an owl? they aren't really wise, I once saw one eat a mouse throw it up and then eat it again and I was like if that is wisdom then I think I'll pass lol

S

Susanna

Oh ok here is one wise as an owl. Have you ever met an owl? they aren't really wise, I once saw one eat a mouse throw it up and then eat it again and I was like if that is wisdom then I think I'll pass lol
Maybe people think they are wise because they make a long winded sound and can turn their heads 270 degrees?😁

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Drunk as a skunk :giggle:

It's the bee's knees :unsure:

Room enough to swing a cat :oops:

Cat got your tongue? :devilish:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Maybe people think they are wise because they make a long winded sound and can turn their heads 270 degrees?😁
Then I guess the girl on the exorcist was really wise then

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Drunk as a skunk :giggle:

It's the bee's knees :unsure:

Room enough to swing a cat :oops:

Cat got your tongue? :devilish:
All of those are confusing especially the bees knees I cannot for the life me figure that one out at all. And my love of kitty cats people better pray they don't let me see them swing a cat.
And as for cat got yourt tongue the only time that happens to me is when I see an adorable kitten and all that comes out of my mouth is an unintelligent awwwww

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Speaking of bees what is with the birds and the bees when talking about explaining sex?

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Then I guess the girl on the exorcist was really wise then
she was sent to a mental hospital and she also bought a mansion full of dogs because she funded something for dogs who didn't have an owner.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
wise as a serpent gentle as a dove....o_O

its a song
Hmm.. I think serpents can be crafty but that isn't the same as being wise. as for doves throw some bird seed on the ground and see how gentle they, like honestly someone is gonna lose an eye

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The cat’s meow.

Multiply like rabbits.

The elephant in the room.