well guys... hear me out

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Ugly

i think. we need a new moderator
someone ACTIVE
someone who knows the Word of God
is patient
understanding

but willing to drop a ban hammer when needed

in starting this in hopes to become that mod

robo
if youre reading this i got $$$

how much would one have to invest?

i only need the power to ban

and delete posts

if not me

maybe CC can do a vote or something
Reading the rules it explicitly states to Not ask to be a mod. It's been my understanding asking to be a mod is an automatic disqualification.

The problem with mods, as I see it, is that most that come on only hang in the chat rooms and rarely in the forums.
Mods are volunteers, so if and when they come on is solely up to their choice or availability.
It's rare to see mods late at night so most problems get left for hours until one logs in during the morning.

N

NoNameMcgee

Reading the rules it explicitly states to Not ask to be a mod. It's been my understanding asking to be a mod is an automatic disqualification.

The problem with mods, as I see it, is that most that come on only hang in the chat rooms and rarely in the forums.
Mods are volunteers, so if and when they come on is solely up to their choice or availability.
It's rare to see mods late at night so most problems get left for hours until one logs in during the morning.
what if i change my request to a demand?

T

TemporaryCircumstances

And........................ it is only OUR opinion that they are "reading it the wrong way". (Opinions are like _______ , some just smell different than others.)

To me, the objectionable factors of a poster are their intent and attitude.
Exactly
I don't think it's a good idea banning whoever doesn't fit in the cookie cutter thinking

T

TemporaryCircumstances

TemporayCircumstances you qualify as moderator, being understanding and patient...
Aw thank you, but I would reject that qualification every time.
I am a teen first of all
Second, I'm sure there are much better people here to be mods :)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TemporaryCircumstances

I agree...a lot of the mods are in the chat room only....

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I'm sure it's just not that simple.. it's seems urgent but there are so many here... I would want those proven over time if it were my site.. just to pass out food in the book of Acts had serious requirements..
This is why we don't have more Moderators.

It is difficult to find persons on an online community who are well balanced in the faith who are level headed enough to not slam the ban hammer on every user who grates them the wrong way or may not agree with them on non essential doctrines.

G

GaryA

It is difficult to find persons on an online community who are well balanced in the faith who are level headed enough to not slam the ban hammer on every user who grates them the wrong way or may not agree with them on non essential doctrines.
"Oh, I'm hurt..." :(

I thought you knew me better than that, Jim.

;)

( hahaha - just kidding around )

Z

Zi

Indeed! when you find people who believe as you do or in what you do, then is the time to add.. great companies lose the purpose they began with when slot fillers are used. its tragic.

J

joefizz

yeah that's true you have to have people that understand that though they don't believe the same that differing sects of religion isn't a cause for banning anyone,only intentionally force feeding one's religion,being blatantly offensive,and taking up space on sites keeping others from posting or their posts being seen is a cause for banning,as much as some people are annoying with some wacky views that seem to have sprung from nowhere,just as our laws say "freedom of religion" the same goes here,only by intentionally being a nuisance can someone be banned,but yeah the banning doesn't do much,because people go and make new user names with different emails,so as much as it helps it is more of a temporary solution for such nuisances,because as we all know people just love disobeying rules and getting attention so it will always occur again,still though site management has it's importance,because whether temporarily or permanently an over seer can remove the trouble making party so that their abuse,can not continue for however long,and also as I've mentioned before if a person is found out for emotional abuse on any site or a form of plagiarism they can legally be jailed,sued,or both for blatantly going against both site rules,and the internet rules themselves that when violated no matter the site,resulting in the person having to be put through court possibly or pay a substantial fine(depending on if it's their first offense or not)so though it may not seem that at times the moderators aren't doing good this is not true,because just like in the actual world,in the virtual world of the internet one must adhere to all the laws and bilaws otherwise the moderators themselves can be at risk,so you see it is very tricky to handle certain affairs and I'm sure the moderators do their best,seriously I went through a whole class on creating and managing a site,it would make your head spin so to speak,how many rules and laws you must follow,so though I too see that some people are running a muck I understand that it isn't just as simple as people think to just quote"ban" someone,so try to remember that when noticing some rather mischievous people here and wanting change(whoever is reading this),if there was any "easy" or "simple" solutions to dealing with trouble makers,I'm positive that the moderators would have done such a thing by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Personally I think many here would be to button trigger with the ban hammer and very few people can debate in the bible discussion forum in a respectful and mature manner even though many including me have tried to remind everyone we are adults and should act as such.

Granted i have flown off the handle a couple of times but the bdf is place where everyone seems to act like children and like children they never listen

Feb 7, 2015
i havent seen him around i dont know

:/
Someone who wants to be a moderator SHOULD already know that any of us can set ourselves not to appear online.

And, if you know the Bible all that well, why have you not answered my question about where it is written that Jesus openly spoke, right out loud, something that was not true?

Just sayin'.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Exactly
I don't think it's a good idea banning whoever doesn't fit in the cookie cutter thinking
lol I can see it now, post tribber is mod pre triber disagrees ban hammer lays down the law post trib does a one hit knock out with the hammer of bans

W

wwjd_kilden

lol I can see it now, post tribber is mod pre triber disagrees ban hammer lays down the law post trib does a one hit knock out with the hammer of bans
We could make one mod from each "camp" , then there will be no members left and we can start again from scratch :p

Nah really, I understand that it is difficult to find good mods, but we DO need more active mods in the forums
I happen to live in a funky timezone so there are rarely any mods around when I lurk about

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
We could make one mod from each "camp" , then there will be no members left and we can start again from scratch :p

Nah really, I understand that it is difficult to find good mods, but we DO need more active mods in the forums
I happen to live in a funky timezone so there are rarely any mods around when I lurk about
Rarely any mods eh? [video=youtube;H2SuF9wxBjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2SuF9wxBjs[/video]

S

Susanna

You're from Texas, right?