Well...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Siberian_Khatru

Here's the computer guy, asking for technical help.

The image uploader here on CC gives me only an option to use an image via a URL. I used to have the option to upload/attach from my computer, but that tab isn't there anymore.

I read that a few other people had the same issue, but haven't found out whether they resolved it or not.

Currently using the latest build of Firefox, but also tried Internet Explorer and Edge. I could use another browser, but... I won't. Lol...

Ideas? Thoughts?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For those unable to post directly from your computer, you can select an image from your computer and upload it to an image hosting site, and then get the direct link for that image, and use the url to post it to the boards here, using the "Insert Image" icon above the text box (third from the right; make sure to uncheck the Retrieve remote file and reference locally, from the "From URL" tab of the app that opens to insert images) :)

https://postimages.org/

^^ There is a link to a free image hosting site. If you keep the image url as a document file somewhere on your computer, you can use it again and again :D Or, if you know where to find it on one of CC forum pages once you have posted it here at least once, you can always open it from that page and use the CC url to post your image again... maybe save it as a favorite (Bookmark) in your browser to find easily :)

It is always a good idea to preview your message to see how big the image is going to look. If you think it is too large or needs some adjustments, there are free online image editing programs that are fairly easy and fun to use :) I
f you make a boo boo it is very easy to fix. The free editors are a lot less complicated than photoshop, but still allow you to do an amazing array of edits. The one I use is https://pixlr.com/editor/

T
hen you just re-save the image back to your computer, and uplaod to the host site, get the direct link, and post it on the board as per above instructions. Give the edited image a new name so you do not overwrite the original image. I usually just add on to the end of the original image name; then all similar images show up alphabetically in whichever folder I have them in.

I hope that helps :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
The troll finally got trolled.. ;) ROFL

The image uploader here on CC gives me only an option to use an image via a URL. I used to have the option to upload/attach from my computer, but that tab isn't there anymore.

I read that a few other people had the same issue, but haven't found out whether they resolved it or not.

Currently using the latest build of Firefox, but also tried Internet Explorer and Edge. I could use another browser, but... I won't. Lol...

Ideas? Thoughts?

S

Siberian_Khatru

Thanks Magenta. :) I considered using a image hosting site. I probably won't go to the trouble for one upload, and would like to figure out why the option here is gone. I haven't tried those sites you mentioned, though, so I may play around with them.

The troll finally got trolled.. ;) ROFL
Thanks for the help! :p

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Pixlr is awesome.. I use it all the time. It's free, easy to use, and you don't have to download it, just make a shortcut to it on your bookmarks bar.. And there are youtube tutorials to show you how to use it.. lol

Thanks Magenta. :) I considered using a image hosting site. I probably won't go to the trouble for one upload, and would like to figure out why the option here is gone. I haven't tried those sites you mentioned, though, so I may play around with them.

Thanks for the help! :p

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
On some threads here, I only have the URL option. But on all the others, I can use the uploader..

Ideas? Thoughts?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You are welcome, Siberian Khatru! I know it sounds like a lot of trouble, but it probably really only takes less than a minute to open the host site, locate your image to upload it (if you know where it is!), and get the direct link to post here. I realize we are all busy and pressed for time and only so much time each day to do all the things we want, and I am someone who loves to play with images and has done possibly a whole lot more in this regard than many here because working with images is also my profession and has been all my adult life, so I may be more willing to invest that sort of time, simply because I have a tendency to being caught up the creative process involved, but really, all things considered, including the fact that many here can no longer post an image directly from their computer, the alternative is not that bad :eek: In the time it took you to read this, you could have posted an image :D:):D

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I just simply cut and paste. Works almost every time.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I just simply cut and paste. Works almost every time.
That is a good alternative :) Some images are not able to be used in that way, depending on the image host site. Anything from tinypic, imgur, photobucket, image shack, or a media cache image will usually display properly, but you may run the risk of the image being deleted from the host site or even worse, being swapped out for something else :eek:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That is a good alternative :) Some images are not able to be used in that way, depending on the image host site. Anything from tinypic, imgur, photobucket, image shack, or a media cache image will usually display properly, but you may run the risk of the image being deleted from the host site or even worse, being swapped out for something else :eek:
Yeah, I'm just tech challenged. Maybe I'll give that pixy thing a go for my next project to see if can actually upload an image that way. Can you insert text in the image you want to upload? I could have some fun with that for sure. :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Yes, you can. See the one I did on the SYM thread, with the "what is this, I don't even'...

Yeah, I'm just tech challenged. Maybe I'll give that pixy thing a go for my next project to see if can actually upload an image that way. Can you insert text in the image you want to upload? I could have some fun with that for sure. :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes, you can :) In the case of wanting to do that, you first need to save the desired image to your computer, and then open it in an image editing program such as https://pixlr.com/editor/

which is handy for quite a few things, including resizing, color correcting, adjusting the contrast, hue, saturation, etc, as well as adding borders or wing dings :D I used to like adding fancy wing dings that simply looked like a decorative addition around the border edging, but actually said something additional :)

I found a wing ding translator!
That is what this says~> ✋︎ ♐︎□︎◆︎■︎♎︎ ♋︎ ⬥︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♎︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⧫︎❒︎♋︎■︎⬧︎●︎♋︎⧫︎□︎❒︎✏︎

However, there are many different styles of wing dings LOL

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am glad to see you went through the trouble, Siberian Khatru :)
That looks like quite the beach! I would be honored if you were to
post one of the edits I did on it in the same thread as the original :eek:
Maybe you will go all out and post them both :D