What’s the thought going through your head?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
Wondering if I should wear my gray sweatpants or blue sweatpants to Thanksgiving dinner. Gotta have them stretchies so you can eat some serious food haha.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
whats wrong with people that project -- eg blame and accuse you of doing stuff they actually do themselves.

what is with that. Cant they take a look in the mirror and see themselves

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
whats wrong with people that project -- eg blame and accuse you of doing stuff they actually do themselves.

what is with that. Cant they take a look in the mirror and see themselves
If you have children...seeing them grow with their strengths and weaknesses is like looking into a mirror.

Sometimes you don't like what you see.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
If you have children...seeing them grow with their strengths and weaknesses is like looking into a mirror.

Sometimes you don't like what you see.
Good point. Often the humorous is noticed more than the wise...or perhaps just harder to receive.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Good point. Often the humorous is noticed more than the wise...or perhaps just harder to receive.
I tend to see negative traits that I've unconsciously taught them. When I see them talking negatively about themselves when I know what they are saying isn't true.
When I see them reacting to something in a way that isn't helpful or productive...I wonder why they do that...until I start thinking more about. I then realize I do those things without thinking and they learned it from me.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I tend to see negative traits that I've unconsciously taught them. When I see them talking negatively about themselves when I know what they are saying isn't true.
When I see them reacting to something in a way that isn't helpful or productive...I wonder why they do that...until I start thinking more about. I then realize I do those things without thinking and they learned it from me.
To a large extent children learn what they live. This was a large concern for me when I started having children and when I turned to the Bible I didn't see many good examples to follow. Moses never circumcised his sons, David's children were a mess, and Abraham's propensity to play fast and loose with the truth was present in his lineage for multiple generations. Even Job was concerned for the condition of his children, Eli's sons were abominable, and Samuel's sons were unfit to lead.
Thankfully, we have the example of a loving Father who can and does

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
To a large extent children learn what they live. This was a large concern for me when I started having children and when I turned to the Bible I didn't see many good examples to follow. Moses never circumcised his sons, David's children were a mess, and Abraham's propensity to play fast and loose with the truth was present in his lineage for multiple generations. Even Job was concerned for the condition of his children, Eli's sons were abominable, and Samuel's sons were unfit to lead.
Thankfully, we have the example of a loving Father who can and does
this is interesting

Just had a 'speak my mind' email rant to the soon-to-be principal about the way education is in my school
when she tried bossing me how to do my job...in the library

The way they teach children in school is NOT by example. Its by barking at them and growling, and they set them up with stupid group shared tables instead of indiviudal desks so nothing gets done and they dont learn anything except annoying each other. How does any actual work get done by committee?

Then they sit on the floor to have lunch instead of at said tables. Tables are for eating at. so something is really wrong in primary education at that level where children dont have their own desk and chair in a classroom and have to Literally FIGHT each other for a seat at the table.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
and then..ok to continue, need to get this off my chest...she now wants an artifical tree to be installed in the library that costs thousands of dollars children can sit under to read when there is a REAL LIVE tree outside.

Just give us some ottomans or a couch, we dont need an expensive fake tree. I can put up a cheap fake one at christmas.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
this is interesting

Just had a 'speak my mind' email rant to the soon-to-be principal about the way education is in my school
when she tried bossing me how to do my job...in the library

The way they teach children in school is NOT by example. Its by barking at them and growling, and they set them up with stupid group shared tables instead of indiviudal desks so nothing gets done and they dont learn anything except annoying each other. How does any actual work get done by committee?

Then they sit on the floor to have lunch instead of at said tables. Tables are for eating at. so something is really wrong in primary education at that level where children dont have their own desk and chair in a classroom and have to Literally FIGHT each other for a seat at the table.
It is interesting how education and approaches to it have changed. It's one of the reasons I chose to homeschool my children. I encourage all who are so inclined to do so. I recognize that getting past the notion and fears associated with such a big change can prove daunting, it is actually much easier to do than most think. I've remarried but I worked full-time and homeschooled 4 children for 5 years while single so while it was challenging it is possible.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It is interesting how education and approaches to it have changed. It's one of the reasons I chose to homeschool my children. I encourage all who are so inclined to do so. I recognize that getting past the notion and fears associated with such a big change can prove daunting, it is actually much easier to do than most think. I've remarried but I worked full-time and homeschooled 4 children for 5 years while single so while it was challenging it is possible.
do you work at home as well

just wondering, its really only possible if you work at home or have some kind of income so you can be free to teach

Hopefully its easier to do that now than has been in the past.

I loved primary school when I was young though, intermediate was the best, but high school ...well I have a few things to say about high school in my country. (things have changed in education but they still teaching irrelevant things!)

The real learning comes independentally at university. That is... only if you can afford it!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
and then..ok to continue, need to get this off my chest...she now wants an artifical tree to be installed in the library that costs thousands of dollars children can sit under to read when there is a REAL LIVE tree outside.

Just give us some ottomans or a couch, we dont need an expensive fake tree. I can put up a cheap fake one at christmas.
It's easier to spend other people's money than your own.
Take a deep breath...a successful and satisfying rant accomplished
do you work at home as well

just wondering, its really only possible if you work at home or have some kind of income so you can be free to teach

Hopefully its easier to do that now than has been in the past.

I loved primary school when I was young though, intermediate was the best, but high school ...well I have a few things to say about high school in my country. (things have changed in education but they still teaching irrelevant things!)

The real learning comes independentally at university. That is...if you only if you can afford it!
I work outside the home. I would love to work from home but I have learned an appreciation for moms who stay home and their need to get away sometimes.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I feel sorry for mums that are literally stuck at home with children it can be like a prison for them if they never have a break or chance to go out

I have also seen many homes turned into a prison with bars on doors and stairs for children so they cant get out or drown in the swimming pool