What ABout Sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
Scripture says before there were laws, there was no sin
Christ crucified cleansed all sin with His blood
So now when we make a mistake, God gave us a remedy.
That is to repent, accept the sin and come to Jesus for
redemption and at that point we are totally sinless again.
I just wonder why so many cripple their souls by worrying
about sin. just to what Jesus said.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Rather than being worried about sin perhaps the Holy Spirit is convicting them on this so as to lead them to Jesus for repentance and receive His forgiveness for their transgressions. I am in agreement with you on this.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello Relic, actually, people never stopped sinning since our progenitors' paved the way for the rest of us to do so in the Garden of God, but from the time of their one sin, until the days of Moses (when the Decalogue and the Law of Moses were finally written), He didn't count people's sins against them ... but people still died anyway .. Romans 5:12-14.

I wonder why that was so :unsure:

As far as "worrying" about sin and it's eternal consequences, as a Christian, I no longer do that .. e.g. John 5:24, 10:27-28. Rather, I worry about dishonoring/displeasing the One who loves me and died in my stead on the Cross to atone for my sins, and to save me from His Father's wrath. I am grieved and feel shame (like that of an abject failure) whenever I sin, because I know that I've already been freed from my former desire (to sin), since God gave me a new nature when He saved me .. e.g. Ezekiel 36:26-27; John 3:3; Ephesians 2:1-5.

Our new nature (or new man/new self) has been given the power to resist the old man/old self/old nature, and we are, in fact, commanded to do just that, by choosing to put on our new self, moment by moment, and to lay aside our old self whenever it rears its ugly head .. e.g. Ephesians 4:22-24.

You are correct about forgiveness and cleansing, that it is ours, simply for the asking now, because of everything that Jesus did (and continues to do) for us .. 1 John 1:9-2:1.

God bless you!

--Deut

Jan 12, 2019
The flesh generally wants to believe that people must do something to confirm their salvation. Its difficult for the flesh to acknowledge that it was all Jesus did on the cross that saved them.

This scene from The Good Place says it all

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I understand your question, in fact Hebrews 6 says to move on from elementary teachings but onto mature things but some people keep wanting to go over the same thing and over and over again. And the worst part is, there at times can be something about them that they think they are mature because they do so.
I like how NLT phrases it:
So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don’t need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. You don’t need further instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.
Hebrews 6:1‭-‬3 NLT

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
Rather than being worried about sin perhaps the Holy Spirit is convicting them on this so as to lead them to Jesus for repentance and receive His forgiveness for their transgressions. I am in agreement with you on this.
thanks for that...I hope people who need this have a chance to read it.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
Hello Relic, actually, people never stopped sinning since our progenitors' paved the way for the rest of us to do so in the Garden of God, but from the time of their one sin, until the days of Moses (when the Decalogue and the Law of Moses were finally written), He didn't count people's sins against them ... but people still died anyway .. Romans 5:12-14.

I wonder why that was so :unsure:

As far as "worrying" about sin and it's eternal consequences, as a Christian, I no longer do that .. e.g. John 5:24, 10:27-28. Rather, I worry about dishonoring/displeasing the One who loves me and died in my stead on the Cross to atone for my sins, and to save me from His Father's wrath. I am grieved and feel shame (like that of an abject failure) whenever I sin, because I know that I've already been freed from my former desire (to sin), since God gave me a new nature when He saved me .. e.g. Ezekiel 36:26-27; John 3:3; Ephesians 2:1-5.

Our new nature (or new man/new self) has been given the power to resist the old man/old self/old nature, and we are, in fact, commanded to do just that, by choosing to put on our new self, moment by moment, and to lay aside our old self whenever it rears its ugly head .. e.g. Ephesians 4:22-24.

You are correct about forgiveness and cleansing, that it is ours, simply for the asking now, because of everything that Jesus did (and continues to do) for us .. 1 John 1:9-2:1.

God bless you!

--Deut

I am glad you included john's scripture....some people carry the same sin year after year even if they
originally confessed it. then they worry about it....this was my point of posting this.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Paul said we will always fight against sin, and even an evil thought is sinful to God. Its interesting how now we cannot go a day without sinning but when we are on the new earth for billions of trillions of years we will not sin even once. Its incredible if you think about it.