What are some of your biggest turnoffs?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
isnt a red flag meant to signify something in the bull fighting ring?

Since when has dating become a fight to the death?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
isnt a red flag meant to signify something in the bull fighting ring?

Since when has dating become a fight to the death?
Yellow flags, not red in bull fighting. Dating is not a fight to the death but may indeed lead to death do you part.

Aug 11, 2020
Mine are:

- Not able to handle honest (and sometimes uncomfortable) discussions. Avoiding issues rather than dealing with them.
- Reckless with money. Getting into debt and not caring and continuing to dig deeper and deeper.
- Constantly criticizing others and finding fault with them. When I hear people constantly putting others down, I wonder how long it will be before they talk about me that way.
- Poor hygiene.
- Not being responsible.

Gladness

Aug 16, 2020
Mine is - lies,
-Rudeness
- Laziness
-Untidiness
-Pride
It was first in my mind )

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yellow flags, not red in bull fighting. Dating is not a fight to the death but may indeed lead to death do you part.
apparently a yellow flag means contagion and the ship needs to be quarantined.
A red flag means the ship is communist.

huh. wonder where I got the bullfighting idea from. Or is it red rag.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
apparently a yellow flag means contagion and the ship needs to be quarantined.
A red flag means the ship is communist.

huh. wonder where I got the bullfighting idea from. Or is it red rag.
,,,or perhaps a yellow rag.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
My biggest turn-off:

There aren't too many bigger than that :sneaky:
So for me, in order to be turned off, I am assuming I was already attracted to wit and kindness, a man with a wonderful relationship with the Lord, who is patient, hilarious, but doesn't seem to be trying too hard to be funny, financially responsible, and also honestly quite content with his life with or without a female in it, I would say this is one attractive person so far. But when I realize that the bit of grooming/showering/teeth brushing is not something he does because he doesn't like his own smelly self?? ESPECIALLY the teeth? I mean, meal related bad breath, or occasional bad breath, I can understand... and I can handle not perfect teeth, but I mean not going to the dentist, and just regularly has terrible breath like way to many times and I know this is the norm? There is NO road trippin' to San Diego for this girl. I just can't.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
So for me, in order to be turned off, I am assuming I was already attracted to wit and kindness, a man with a wonderful relationship with the Lord, who is patient, hilarious, but doesn't seem to be trying too hard to be funny, financially responsible, and also honestly quite content with his life with or without a female in it, I would say this is one attractive person so far. But when I realize that the bit of grooming/showering/teeth brushing is not something he does because he doesn't like his own smelly self?? ESPECIALLY the teeth? I mean, meal related bad breath, or occasional bad breath, I can understand... and I can handle not perfect teeth, but I mean not going to the dentist, and just regularly has terrible breath like way to many times and I know this is the norm? There is NO road trippin' to San Diego for this girl. I just can't.
I'll treat'ja right woman. Teef ain't everthin.

Aug 2, 2009
o_O I'm glad I'm not from San Diego.

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

I'll treat'ja right woman. Teef ain't everthin.

Personally this is not a turn off for me...if he cleans it all the time... My teeth were the same not exactly the same but they were sticking out and have gaps. Good thing I was able to earn enough to go to the dentist for braces and have my teeth fixed, a bit too late but thank God they were able to fix it. So, teeth sticking out,in,crowded,no teeth,one tooth as long as you clean your teeth or your mouth definitely not a turn off for me 😊

Aug 16, 2020
So for me, I have tried websites and every man I've talked to is either rude or they want to take things too fast, like I'm sorry, but I don't believe someone else can say they are in love with me even if we haven't even known each other for barely a day, life doesn't work like it does in movies. It just seems people don't understand my disability and how I would like to get to know someone before deciding a big decision like loving someone for life.

Also, another turn off, is people only talk to me because I'm pretty (I'm just okay, not super pretty, just okay), well that's my impression because I have said it very clearly in my profile on some websites that I don't accept phone numbers, but then guys just give me their phone number, it makes me feel like you don't care who I am as a person, if you didn't even take the time to read my profile.

That's why I'm actually taking a break, it's too stressful, and I just want to make some friends that are okay with who I am, that's all.

May 27, 2020
Particularly when it comes to the opposite sex? Here are a few of mine.

1. Too much makeup. To be honest, I used to be completely turned off by makeup altogether. But now I feel differently. I think a little makeup is okay because it shows that a woman cares about her appearance. And that's an attractive trait to me. But I still think some women overdo it.

2. Bad temper. From my experience, few things are worse in life than dealing with a woman that's pissed off at you.

3. Tattoos and piercings. Nothing against women that have either or both. It's their body and they should be able to do whatever they want with it. I just don't find either attractive personally.

Your turn. Have at it. :p
Here is what turns me off:

1. Words that do not line up
2. Lies
3. Pride ( refusal to bend when wrong)
4. Alcohol abuse
5. Smoking
6. Inconsideration towards one's emotions
7. Always right mentality

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
is one of a Billion
reasons:
why we need Jesus!

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
False humility. Country music ( save for Johnny Cash ) . Carrots. Beets. The media/news. The sound of my voice. LoL no,really sometimes it does.

S

Scribe

Winks at sin, compromiser, not passionate about holiness
Negative, complainers, fault finders
Poor communication skills
Poor listening skills
Disagrees with me
Criticizes me
Anger, Tempers, display of irritation, cold shoulders, any kind of public scene behavior.
Scolding or correcting wait staff, store employees, etc.. (Karens)
Loud Voice
Nasal Voice
Believes in Conspiracy theories
Tattoos, nose rings or piercings
Yoga pants
Not being able or unwilling to cook TexMex