What are some of your biggest turnoffs?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Well that's the thing you see...All mirrors and all photos follow the same "code of visual conduct".This is universal...it's contractual..โœ๐Ÿป
So this means if my mirrors and photos are actually trying to convey that iam in no way as bad as how I perceive myself...then your mirrors and photos are trying to convey exactly they same thing..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Body dysmorphia/low self esteem ect are mirrors and photos bitter rival enemies๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช
Then they are failing miserably.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Then they are failing miserably.
I think they are just in rebellion...๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
I will contact the relevant authorities on your behalfโœ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I think they are just in rebellion...๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
I will contact the relevant authorities on your behalfโœ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Please do.

How do you know so much about this? I mean, you know the relevant 'authorities' and everything.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Please do.

How do you know so much about this? I mean, you know the relevant 'authorities' and everything.
Of course I will.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Yep I know the relevant persons and bodies that govern the guidances as when I used to reject the images mirrors and photos portrayed of me myself I got contacted by these authorities.They showed me everything to convince me that mirrors and photos all follow strick codes of visual ethics..๐Ÿ“ƒ๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“š
But I never reveal I know all this coz on a date it could be a potential turn off..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont think I can handle really sarcastic men. such a turn off.

I mean I know they try to be witty and all. But does EVERYTHING have to have a zinger. Can men just be themselves and not try so hard to be funny?

Just being a man should be enough no need to have to prove yourself with a war on words right. If you let your yes be yes and your no be no...there is no need to be ironic or sarcastic.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Of course I will.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Yep I know the relevant persons and bodies that govern the guidances as when I used to reject the images mirrors and photos portrayed of me myself I got contacted by these authorities.They showed me everything to convince me that mirrors and photos all follow strick codes of visual ethics..๐Ÿ“ƒ๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“š
But I never reveal I know all this coz on a date it could be a potential turn off..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Hmmm.... they contacted you. What would they do if a mirror was found to be violating these codes? I wonder...

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Hmmm.... they contacted you. What would they do if a mirror was found to be violating these codes? I wonder...
well they would automatically be stripped of the special back coating that makes them able to accurately reflect whatever is placed infront of them..
..thus making them nothing more than just a clear piece of glass...they would no longer be a mirror...instant demotion....๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
You see in their world being a plain Piece of glass is of a much lower rank than that of a mirror (which is basically a piece of glass is instantly promoted to become a mirror when the appropriate backing Is added).๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
well they would automatically be stripped of the special back coating that makes them able to accurately reflect whatever is placed infront of them..
..thus making them nothing more than just a clear piece of glass...they would no longer be a mirror...instant demotion....๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
You see in their world being a plain Piece of glass is of a much lower rank than that of a mirror (which is basically a piece of glass is instantly promoted to become a mirror when the appropriate backing Is added).๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Ya know, you got a story developing here.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
what about dirty fingernails?๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ
It's funny because there are times when I would fail this qualification by a long shot.

I've always done work that leaves my hands beaten up. I also have a landscaping situation that requires a lot of hand-weeding, both for myself and family members I try to help out, and the work is so dirty that it stains my hands and nails right through the gloves, no matter how hard or how often I scrub, even with a brush.

So I guess if I have a Prince Charming out there somewhere...

He'll never notice me because he'll be too busy grimacing at my dirt-stained nails to even notice that I'm wearing the elusive leftover glass slipper. ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I dont think I can handle really sarcastic men. such a turn off.

I mean I know they try to be witty and all. But does EVERYTHING have to have a zinger. Can men just be themselves and not try so hard to be funny?

Just being a man should be enough no need to have to prove yourself with a war on words right. If you let your yes be yes and your no be no...there is no need to be ironic or sarcastic.
Really? NO! Who-da thunk? o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek:

(Think that's enough? I don't want to leave anything to chance here...)

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I know...it's kinda worrying me now..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
No no! Think of it like a Pixar-esque plot, The Secret Lives of Mirrors. You can have one mirror, call her Drew, who has a beef against one particular customer in, say, a department store. She deliberately distorts the lady's image just to mess with her.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Lol I saw something about dirty nails... Your nails don't get dirty if you do nothing I guess ๐Ÿค” My nails get dirty always that is why i keep them short.... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Lol I saw something about dirty nails... Your nails don't get dirty if you do nothing I guess ๐Ÿค” My nails get dirty always that is why i keep them short.... ๐Ÿ˜Š
Are you digging a lot?

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
No personality
Can't hold a conversation
Is not groomed and doesn't wear men's scents
Has long nails
Has no passions or interest ( except football)
Doesn't listen
Is not into reading
Bad manners
Is a mommy's boy
Is not a man's man
Has tunnel vision
Is not Godly
Can't maintain eye contact

I could go on.... lol but I'll stop for I'm not looking!
He probably doesn't exist anyway!

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
No personality
Can't hold a conversation
Is not groomed and doesn't wear men's scents
Has long nails
Has no passions or interest ( except football)
Doesn't listen
Is not into reading
Bad manners
Is a mommy's boy
Is not a man's man
Has tunnel vision
Is not Godly
Can't maintain eye contact

I could go on.... lol but I'll stop for I'm not looking!
He probably doesn't exist anyway!
Well, I think this thread started off as one to focus on the non-negotiable turn-off(s). To have a list of preferences and anti-preferences, though, I think is good. We should know what we want. But, we also need to be at a point where we can say, "If I can find 2/3 of what I'm looking for, that person's a catch." Reasonable compromise in seeking a mate is good, in my opinion.